Customize

OWS and why I disagree.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pencils, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Archer Member

Neither, legit question.

Why you mad though?
  2. Anonymous Member

No I just saw by reading your previous comment and this one that you have an apparent difficulty articulating the English language. I would never be mad at someone who was impaired in this life.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Archer Member

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Archer Member

My native language is french, yet I spell english better than most americans. If you feel you can correct the way I spelled the word How? please enlighten me.
  5. Anonymous Member

Yes I see you are one for the ignore list as you are unable to write anything of any value, thanks for making me aware of your ignorance.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Archer Member

I love people who take the time to post that they put me on their ignore list. Oh no I'm melting!
  7. Ersatz Global Moderator

Can we please try to play well with others here?
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Archer Member

I can try <3 As long as asking questions and having unpopular opinions is not considered as ''not playing well''
  9. Herro Member

You should see him on the lacrosse field.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Ersatz Global Moderator

Love the heated exchange of ideas, do not love the jabs and attacks. Takes away from the discussion, don't you think?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Archer Member

I completely agree, that being said I don't think I attacked anyone personally, if I did I apologize :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Herro Member

I'd say that if you look at every democratic nation on earth, the Economy is the number one killer of elected officials' careers.
    Hey, find some more ways you can slip KKK into words and fit "faggot" into your statements. It's a totally legitimate substitute for making cogent arguments, honest.

I like you bro, but damn.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Herro Member

Damn bitch, what is it with you and Christians? Do you sit around and complain to your birds all day about those evil Christians coming after your snooch? Don't worry, nobody is coming near that thing.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Very true. Hence why Obama is struggling this time around. The economy is still struggling and people are looking to blame, albeit unjustly perhaps, somebody.

Yeah. Whatever the word is to describe "overkill" or just "dumb", I went well past that. Bad day and my head didn't click on this morning.
  17. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. anonymous612 Member

Point of correction. They aren't the lapdogs of the government, they ARE the government. Come on, let's go back to second grade social studies. The three branches of the government are executive, legislative, and...?

Oh make no mistake, Romney is conservative, and I mean both that he is a Republican and that Mormons are socio-culturally conservative, not just political (I have no idea if socio-culturally is a word, but you get my meaning).

But if you'll look back, he used to be more liberal. Still a Republican, but a little closer to moderate. But because the Tea Party is the noisiest part of the GOP, when he started running for President, he started pandering to the FAR far right. For example, Paul Ryan is known for being almost radically right-wing.

Now, if you notice the Dems' response to the Ryan VP pick, they were thrilled. Because a lot more Republicans are moderates than are batshit crazy far right voters. So Romney alienates a lot of his own fanbase every time he does something Tea Party, to the point that -- in my opinion -- it will cost him votes.

It's like when John McCain named Palin VP candidate. A lot of people would have tolerated McCain but would never ever vote for Palin.

My point is, they have, just unofficially.

Well, in terms of not being outright banned but instead being severely hampered, I believe Texas now has the laws about pretty much forcing pregnant women to run the gauntlet of doctors and "pregnancy crisis centers"/the Christian right trying to talk them out of it before they can have an abortion. Plus I'm pretty sure they have the mandatory ultrasounds law, and the one that makes the woman listen to the heartbeat.

And? Not everyone can (in fact, I'd wager MOST people can't) afford to travel out of state to get one.

Which is hypocritical bullshit, because if a Texas doctor refuses to force the woman to have unnecessary ultrasounds, he loses his license.

No reason to respond to the rest of your post, because I agree.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I say this only because I love you, Ersatz. People who think we should play well with others can go eat a bag of dicks. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. He has to be happy he's facing Willard Goodhair and the zombie-eyed granny starver. With a halfway competent and sane opponent, Obama'd be fucked. Akin is yet another thing to hold around Ryan's neck, because they worked together on a bill that would restrict Medicaid abortions to "forcible rape," a term that has no definition and makes even less sense. A 28 year old knocks up a 13 y.o. girl, how is that not forcible? A rape victim, rather than fighting and getting killed, survives another day without resisting? That's forcible rape. All rape is forcible. If it were consensual, and by "consensual", I mean consent by someone of legal age and full mental faculties not taking it up the vajayjay by their father or brother, it wouldn't be "rape". It would be "sex", and it would be something anyone who's not an asshole would consider none of their business. Too bad these Teabagging vaginaphobic jizzmops can't understand that.
  21. adhocrat Member

Oddly, you just summarized Hume's argument against implicit consent and the social contract.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/political-obligation/

just thought I'd mention that
    Carry on
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  22. anonymous612 Member

Adhocrat, here's the problem with your example. You aren't required to consent to laws, you're required to follow them. Don't like it? Vote. Didn't win? Guess no one else agreed with you. Majority rules.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  23. adhocrat Member

well now that is the one stupidest thing you've said to date.
    By that logic, the American revolution could not have occurred.
    Your slavish adherence to stupid laws has been duly noted for the record.
    Majority rule was shown 2000 years ago to be a disaster. or don't you read your history?
    Not heard of bread and circuses? Since that is exactly what we are being offered, it's something you should understand so you can decipher what otherwise must be a total mystery to you.
    We get war and all these cool promises that are to be paid by your children.
    We are eating our seed corn, which never ends well.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  24. Archer Member

Thank the lawd that there are people like you who know whats better for the rest of us.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. anonymous612 Member

What incident 2000 years ago are you referring to? Be specific.

Also, if you don't like democracy and majority voting, feel free to move somewhere that has a different system. I believe North Korea is currently accepting new members.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  26. Occupy Wall Street began on September 17, 2011. Bank Transfer Day was November 5, 2011, and there was significant overlap between those rightfully angry at the banks and those "Occupying" Wall Street. Credit unions saw a 50% increase in customers in that short time frame. I think it's fair to say that OWS significantly influenced some people's choices to leave their megabanks.
  27. adhocrat Member

That's what you took from that?
    I say "You know best what is best for you" and that bothers you somehow?
    please explain
    Sorry, I thought 'bread and circuses' was a well known phrase and would refer you back to the Roman democracy that engaged in 'bread and circuses'
    Bread, to keep the populace fed (so they wouldn't riot) and circuses to distract them from the horrors being perpetrated by the government.

IOW, the serious problems with democracy have been known for 2000 years, but we still make the same mistakes. Seems we'd learn. But since you didn't even catch the reference, maybe we won't learn any time soon. :(

BTW, what ever happened to our constitutional republic?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

quick!

somebody distract adhocrat!

he's back to playing the same dull old 'law is slavery' tune!

look, ahdocrat: a swimming kitten!

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

It really no longer exists the 3 branches of the US government are now just mouthpieces for K-street, multinational corporations and the financial sector. I still will vote as an Independent however what good it will do is very questionable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. adhocrat Member

Lol
    I do object to 'law' that says some man in blue can lock me up for 10 years just for possessing some weed. So if those are the laws you like and think should be enforced, then sure, law is slavery.

But, if you think that the non aggression principle, you know, what you learned in kindergarten (don't hit, don't steal), makes sense, then 'laws' that lock people up for possessing weed are not laws I feel we should have.

It's interesting to note that all of you follow the NAP in your private lives. All of you.
    Let me repeat
    All of you follow the NAP in your private life, and would be righteously angry if someone were to violate this principle.
    Yet, in the public sphere you feel it doesn't apply, that one group can use violence against another and be justified.
    I see this as an astounding cognitive dissonance for people. They would never dream of using violence against someone, yet they call on the government to use violence regularly and never note the contradiction.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

Fact; 2.3 million American citizens or 1 in 80 are presently in our jails approximately 65% awaiting trial. I do not believe in the law or condone the actions or this countries so-called law enforcement agencies. What this country does is cruel and inhumane approximately 18% of inmates suffer mental illness and receive no treatment.

Now Rapists, Child Molesters, Murderers ie. violent criminals yes they deserve to be locked up.

To lock someone up for weed and throw away the key is sick and I will not assist the gov agents attempting to lock up said people.
  32. Archer Member

You are aware that bread and circuses came in only once the roman empire wasn't a democracy anymore but a dictatorship run by an emperor though right? Go read a book then we'll talk.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  33. And one thing that astounds me is the fact you don't realize that taxes are not violence. They are vital and necessary to the functioning of society. They build and maintain roads, protect minorities from the tyranny of the majority, and fulfill other civilizing functions. I agree with your stance on drugs, and I would love to see them taxed and regulated, thereby putting violent criminals out of business. I agree we should not engage in unnecessary wars, and that the military and police power of the state should be used only to defend and bring those who have harmed others to justice. However, your anarchist, I'm sorry, "libertarian", beliefs are antithetical to those goals.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

look! look! funny animals! animals doing funny things!

funny-dog-pictures-duck-seekrit.jpg

Duck-Face-MEME.jpg

[IMG]

5664365.jpeg

look at the funny internet animals! look at them damn you!
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

Why not go visit an inmate and show him your funny little pics, I don't think you will have a good time.
  36. Anonymous Member

Notagladiator.jpg

Welldoaspecial.jpg

free entertainment! look!

(I can't do free food).

bread.jpg
  37. Anonymous Member

Situation is getting desperate. Might have to bring in...............................

The Bunnies!
  38. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

Children will be children I can accept that:)
  40. Anonymous Member

Exactly!