Customize

Paul Haggis has left the CoS

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Paul Haggis has left the CoS

Another recruit for Marty?
  2. Anonymous Member

Ugh. I hope not. I am optimistic, since he said he hadn't been active for a few years. Maybe he will just continue as he has been. But it does sound like he is loyal to the *spit* tech.
  3. Anonymous Member

Feel free to tweak and use for pressfaggotry

4. Anonymous Member

Sent to TMZ - who knows if they will read it.
  5. Anonymous Member

Just an idea, but what if we spin this as a "war of the cults" suggest that Marty is trying get the all of the CoS celebs ? Celebs might start defecting, and CoS celebs will be able be attention whores and try to get press for themselves if they "switch" to Marty. Thus labeling Marty as another wacky cult in the process.

Stupid idea ?
  6. Anonymous Member

I think Marty is already spinning the press quite well on his own. What the press will make of it, or if they have the time to care, is anyone's guess.

The news of Paul Haggis's leaving CoS has already been leaked to Perez Hilton and Gawker, and they've done nothing with it.
  7. Anonymous Member

Ha, did you send it to Gawker? I tried that. It seemed perfectly suited for them.
  8. Anonymous Member

That would be the best time to start to spin it, im just say'n. The idea of Celebs being in a cult is the only thing that gets Scientology positive attn. Now we have Beghe's pic with Marty and Marty getting forwarded letters from Hugins or whatever his name is. WHO WILL BE NEXT ? WILL TC go back to his old "mentor" and will JT be swayed by the openness toward homosexuality in the new sect ? (because he is a socially aware heterosexual not because he kisses guys on his plane.) Could this be the reason he is still in Scientology but thinking of leaving? *All of this stuff is tinfoil but it is TABLOID tinfoil. Orthodox Scientology - the newest thing sweeping Hollywood Scientologists. - Just thought it potential lulz.

But I am done with the idea until somebody else likes it.

Does Glosslip know about this ?
  9. Anonymous Member

^ I think you've had enough to drink for one night, young man.

It is unfortunate, though, that Marty's hold on celebrities is so strong that they choose to cleave to him rather than take a breath, pause and think, and consider starting to build a new life that is not burdened by sci-thought. Perhaps it's the power of a life-long friendship, or perhaps it is manipulative positioning on Marty's part. After the NightLine special, I'm a lot more cynical. And it would be outrageous if Marty was using celebrity status for his own gain in the same way that organized CoS has.

Haggis would be doing himself a favor to also talk to exes he knew who have completely separated from the tech. Hearing multiple points of view can only improve his chances of making the healthiest decision for him. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how anyone could follow the teachings of a man who considered homosexuality a defect and who considered blacks "other."

As I've observed, leaving L Ron behind can be quite a process, but a quick read on Ex Scientologist Message Board shows you that there are a lot of satisfied ex-customers.
  10. Anonymous Member

While both those beliefs are fundamentally wrong IMHO, your failure to understand is your failure. Humans will be human - ingroups and outgroups will forever be fundamental to how society constructs itself - unfortunately.

Me too I think...
  11. Anonymous Member

LOL, Caught me ! :)
  12. A.Non Hubbard Member

A man left a cult he was indoctrinated in for years because a few weeks before an ABC exposé he got a call from Marty Rathbun?

Your plot is so filled with holes if you were to lube them up we could run a train on it for weeks.
  13. JohnnyRUClear Member

Something wrong there.
  14. Anonymous Member

<clink> to your health /b/ro.
  15. Anonymous Member

Another celeb publicly leaves the fold! Am getting out the popcorn to watch a lulzy civil war break out and escalate between the scifags.
  16. Blue Goo Member

All these recently blown OTs that talk about integrity and honesty.. and now this guy that is a big human rights advocate.. what cool words. I know Scios are taught to write cool stories and use big words, but I actually hope that at least some of these people actually mean what they say.

They are now out and hopefully they are getting to know some of the information labeled false and "entheta" by the CoS. And not just Marty's version of Freezone 2.0.

When they regain their ability to review the tech and LRH himself in a critical way, there is no escaping the nasty bits anymore. Towards gays, psychiatry, critics and more. And connecting the nasty bits will point at the whole ugly truth.

It was clever, to mix all this talk about personal integrity and truth in with all the lies and space opera. It has served to lure and keep people in Scientology. But it only worked as long as the CoS was able to control the information available. Now it is starting to bite them in the ass.

And as long as Marty is playing the old game of acceptable truths, he will fail.
  17. FUCK Member

w00t
  18. Anonymous Member

FUCK - Why is it at about 2am you FUCK up every thread in the active threads pile with one-word comments? Not that I mind I'm just curious...
  19. moarxenu Member

Haggis is the most eminent Hollywood scilon to defect. Besides him and Jason Beghe, have there been any other Hollywood defectors?
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

I recall reading that Mimi Rogers parted ways with the CoS.
  21. Anonymous Member

Do you mean publicly ? Like Nicole Kidman ?
    Or do you mean leaving for Marty ?

I don't know if Jason Beghe is offically with Marty or if he friendly to his cause,
    The same goes with this Paul haggis person.
  22. Anonymous Member

Personally I'm not really against gay marriage, but very much against judges just introducing gay marriage on their own whim rather than getting it introduced as law by the elected legislators. Being for prop 8 doesn't mean that you hate gay people. But whatever - congrats to Paul Haggis anyway.
  23. anonsparrow Member

Awesome resignation letter. Good job Paul!
  24. Anonymous Member

I have a question,

I didn't Understand his PS

[Deleted laundry list of something.]

Something is weird, it says "I have attached our e-mail correspondence." It has a subject and a verb but it makes no sense. Any idea what he is talking about ?
  25. whoever Member

Hmm...maybe you need to go back and look for a misunderstood word. It seems perfectly clear to me. Haggis, with this letter, provided Tommy Davis with a copy of some previous emails they exchanged.
  26. DeathHamster Member

He's been low profile, but frequently listed in the block of scieno stars in articles.
    See also:
    CELEBRITY CENTRE INTERNATIONAL COMPLETIONS, Celebrity 240, 1990.
    Is Scientology dangerous? January 23, 2008, Chris Ayres, The Times

He might even have been one of the warm bodies that Davey used to populate all the front group corporate board of trustees when he had to supply a roster to the IRS. (Just names on paper since all the sock groups are directly controlled from CoS.)
    From Tilman's celebrity list:
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Re: Paul Haggis has left the CoS

Digg it!

I'm not completely sure how submitting shit to Digg works. I don't know if people are more likely to see it if you have a history of submitting popular stories. I've never submitted anything and only use Digg for articles damning to the scilons. So if that means my submission is less likely to be dugg then I suggest someone else submit the story. But for now no one else was doing it...
  29. Anonymous Member

thanks
  30. Smurf Member

There have been numerous Scilon celebrities that have quietly left the cult. Mimi Rogers, who introduced TC to the cult, blew. Jerry Seinfeld & Patrick Swayze took courses but didn't stay in. Diana Canova, star of the hit TV comedy, "Soap" quit & said some not-so-nice things about Scientology.

Great read here:

Catcha Rising Star
  31. Belladonna Member

Oh you kid! *blushes* Such a sweet-talker!
  32. Sox Member

Just sent the story to Dlisted.com-Michael K should post it tomorrow
  33. DeathHamster Member

34. Anonymous Member

As a sidenote, has Ann ever posted tittypix in the Dome - and if not, why not?

Unless of course Ann is a man.......
  35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

37. WTF Member

Ann's rl name is Lola...trufax

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixqbc7X2NQY&feature=related"]YouTube - Lola-The Kinks #5.*Top Of The Pops-70s*[/ame]
  38. Anonymous Member

Smurf also blew... but that is a whole new story.
  39. Anonymous Member

Oh really? tell me more.
  40. King Nerd Member

I'm sure Smurf won't mind sharing tales.