Customize

Paulette Cooper's Statement against the Wiesenthal Award to Cruise

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, May 12, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/05/paulette_cooper.php

Last week, at a ceremony in Beverly Hills, the Simon Wiesenthal Center gave Tom Cruise its annual Humanitarian Award. As we pointed out earlier, this did not go down well with people who wondered why such a famous pro-justice organization would give an award to a man almost synonymous with Scientology, a "church" that splits up families, relies on menial labor conducted under harsh conditions, and that is being investigated by the FBI, we hear, for those practices. One of the people stunned by the decision of the Simon Wiesenthal Center is Paulette Cooper, a Holocaust survivor and perhaps the most well known investigator of Scientology.
    Her 1971 book, The Scandal of Scientology, was among the first to expose the organization's bizarre beliefs and toxic practices. For this, she was the subject of an outrageous campaign of payback by Scientology. One plot, to get her arrested for issuing bomb threats that she didn't make, was only uncovered when federal agents raided Scientology's offices in 1977 and found evidence of the scheme against Cooper. Google her name for more details on the incredible harassment she survived. Earlier today, she sent me this statement she wanted made public. -- Tony Ortega
    On May 5th, Scientologist Tom Cruise was given a Humanitarian Award in LA by the Simon Wiesenthal Center. Whaaatt?? Who will they award next? Mel Gibson for his anti-Semitic rants? Jews for Jesus for their great job converting Jews?

As a survivor of the Holocaust, and the author of a book titled The Scandal of Scientology -- and subsequently the victim of a 15-year campaign by Scientology to try to destroy me for speaking out against them -- I am shocked. How can a (Jewish) human rights organization, like SWC -- supposedly dedicated to education about the Holocaust -- give such an award in good conscience?

In my work many years ago exposing Scientology, I saw so many Jewish (and non-Jewish) families bankrupted, and destroyed, as Scientology members cut off from their families and their religion. I also witnessed (and was victim of) their "Fair Game Policy," stating that "Enemies of Scientology" can be " tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

I know of another group that also believed their enemies could be destroyed. As a result, my mother and father and most of my family died in Auschwitz.

According to the Scientologists, Tom Cruise has disseminated Scientology's teachings to 1.1 billion people. While that figure, like so many of theirs, is patently ridiculous, he has reached a lot of people. And that has given Scientology respectability, acceptability, and a following that does no good for the Jewish people.

I hope those contributing to the SWC reconsider their values, just as the Wiesenthal Center has obviously reconsidered theirs.

Paulette Cooper Noble
    Author of The Scandal of Scientology
    • Like Like x 39
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 8
  3. AnonLover Member

Thank you Paulette!!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Anonymous Member

Thank you Bozuri!

No comments posted at The Village Voice yet. Hit it anons.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Random guy Member

Good work Bozuri!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

If WWP was to ever have a queen,it would be Paulette cooper.
    • Like Like x 10
  7. Anonymous Member

Louanne is already there. That was quick. The statement was only published half an hour ago. OSA must have Tony's blog on it's screen 24/7.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

Comments!!!!!!!!!!! Scilons are on overdrive.
  9. thanks paulette it is always such a pleasure
    merci beaucoup pour ce que vous avez deja fait
    thanks for all you already done and how these b .....tried to destroy you
    but I can see you are still active bravo madame
    • Like Like x 3
  10. xenubarb Member

Scilon argument: "What does a 1971 book have to do with anything? She's just seeking publicity."

Completely overlooking what Scientology did to her, and ignoring the "How can you be a humanitarian and support this kind of bullshit behavior?"
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Anonymous Member

Uh, who cares about their idiotic logic. The point is - Paulette is a public figure and has a right to speak out. In fact, freedom of speech is guaranteed to anyone. So all those idiotic Louanne's friends need to shut up.
  12. RightOn Member

yum! Thanks Paulette!
  13. Interrobanger Member

They tried for 15 years to destroy her and she's still speaking out publicly? Someone at OSA is PTS. Everyone on the cans!
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Anonymous Member

Those absurd and derogatory comments only evidence Paulette's comments and scientology's psychopathic short term memory. and Thank You! Paulette for speaking up. Was hoping you would.

It should be noted that for a scientologist to give gobs of money to anything other than the sci mothership is a crime in scientology and dealt with harshly. Some celebs get a little pass, here and there. I'm not certain from what I've read if Cruise has just been a fundraiser source, not a source of outright cash.

Back to Paulette. Now hoping that others will follow your lead and speak up.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Yes, this one has hyper-enturbulated them. Louanne and her bots are verging on hysterical.

Prevarication, obfuscation and denial are all on overdrive.

Tony knows how to pick his targets.
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Anonymous Member

The comments on this blog are a very good example of the scilon mind set, or at least the one they are given.
    To say that Paulette has no right to comment on Cruise and that she is only doing it for the PR on her book?

lulz to the anon who posted that the book is available for free. Blew the wind out of that argument
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tourniquet Member

The current scieno-bloggers' (hai OSA) grandmas and grandpas couldn't shut Paulette Cooper up. Three generations of scienocult FAIL FUCKING FAIL.

The seed don't fall far from the tree... LMAO
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Puppetmama Member

Go Anons! I can't read through the comments fast enough to make it to the end to post. My "like" finger is going to wear out.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. MOOG Member

• Like Like x 17
  20. Anonymous Member

Reminder: Dianetics is dated 1950...
    • Like Like x 4
  21. sallysock Member

This^ and Fun and Win.
  22. Mark Cabian Member

Yay! Go Paulette!
  23. slobeck Member

The comments are entertaining. Scilons getting pwnd, repeatedly. Without lube.
    • Like Like x 6
  24. xenubarb Member

I can hardly stand the win...Paulette Cooper, The Sparrow, Snancy Cartwright foiled, Love is everywhere...Crutchfields down in flames, Ted Stourton still sucks and must dwell in halls with a lack of glitter...

I'm gonna go blind! BLIND, I TELL YOU!
    • Like Like x 9
  25. moarxenu Member

Totally awesome. Thanks for speaking up Paulette! I hope more people in the Jewish community will.

lol panic-stricken OSAbots; Paulette certainly put the fear of God into them.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Anonymous Member

An anon left this comment on Tony's blog:
    It's a quarter to 2:00 on Thursday and you Scilons are losing!
    LOL
    • Like Like x 10
  27. Anonymous Member

By the way people - how do we get the main media pick up the story? I wanted Paulette's statement cited everywhere.
    Moar- didn't you say that some LA newspaper was willing to run an article if a Jewish organisation condemned the award? Well, we've already got some small Jewish anti-cult organisation doing that + Paulette. Should be enough.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

Well done, Madam.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
    Bozuri, congratulations!

You just won yourself a fabulous internet!
    • Like Like x 2
  30. slobeck Member

I wish that paulette was on WWP. I would like to deliver to her:

Awesome-Award.png
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Anonymous Member

I love the comments. Well done anons.
  33. moarxenu Member

Paulette is on WWP. Profile

She joined exactly one week before Anon's first epic raid on Lisa McPherson's birthday on February 10, 2008.

• Like Like x 3
  34. slobeck Member

FUCK YEAH!!!!! then Paulette, please accept your award for EPIC AWESOME.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Herro Member

Notice that she never really gives a reason that Tom Cruise shouldn't have been given the award. Just a bunch of "Scientology is bad and they're like the nazis." Instead of telling us that scientology is bad, how about telling us why Tom Cruise is a bad man? Total fail.
    • Like Like x 4
  36. slobeck Member

True that. I would have appreciated her making the case that I think is her point...that giving the award to TC is the same as giving the award to Scientology et al.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Agreed. Disappointing rant was disappointing. Maybe she was letting her anger and trauma from Operation Freakout doing the talking. But yeah I don't think Paulette was actually using her writing talents for this.
  38. Anonymous Member

Paulette has moved on and it was difficult for her giving this statement as is. So I'm glad she spoke out at all, she could have just chosen to continue with her new and fabulous life. I am sure that following her suit other organizations will get much harsher on Tom Cruise the man.
    • Like Like x 4
  39. Anonymous Member

Sci is bad. Tom promotes Sci despite the evidence of the badness, therefore Tom is bad too.
    • Like Like x 3