Customize

peephole.tv threatens to sue AnonTube.com

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by moose, Oct 17, 2008.

1. moose Member

peephole.tv threatens to sue AnonTube.com

Yesterday AnonTube received an email from Oliver Schaper:
    (thanks for appreciating my corporation, olli.
    Let me guess: CoS cured you from dyslexia too? )

Anyway, we explained that the least he could do is tell me what content is 'infringing on his copyright'.

So, somewhat later, he threatened to sue AnonTube and send a DMCA notice:
    The videos however were already taken down days ago by youtube, and he knows that because he asked youtube to do so...
    We also reminded him that the accusation of 'stealing the photograph' is false.

So, in a next email he claims is that its not about the video, but about the thumbnail; he claims to have the copyright to these 3 pictures (actual size):
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    (these pictures are located on youtube servers and advised him to complain there)
    He even claims that his 'spider' is scanning the internet looking for the watermark in the picture of head or something, and miraculously found his water[strike]head[/strike]mark on AnonTube.com

So, after I explained him that the images are embedded pictures from youtubes server (over which i have no control) and deeplinking and parody is protected by law, he began threatening us again, now for a bunch of other reasons
    Our reply was that he is just making false claims.

Because I don't want to destroy any 'evidence', I havent touched the site, so you can still see the images from youtube here and check that the videos already had been removed:
    AnonTube Oliver Schaper. Feel free to apologize!!
    AnonTube Oliver Schaper: Get Down Tonight (test reel)
    AnonTube OSCHAPER MAKING FALSE COPYRIGHT CLAIMS STOP BREAKING THE LAW

Anyway, I'm sure he will read this. (ow, hi olli!)
    Keep that in mind if you post here and want to give any advice.
  2. Re: peephole.tv threatens to sue AnonTube.com

From a technical point of view, claiming he has a "'spider' scanning the internet looking for the watermark" is complete BS.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't know if the entire email is a lie. But that 'spider' sure is.
  3. norma_scock Member

Re: peephole.tv threatens to sue AnonTube.com

FEED HIM TO THE CHANS

(again)
  4. Mouseyhair Member

I lol'd. Then I lol'd again.

There was plenty more email from him, by the way... Moose, will you post the full Olli collection at some point?
  5. iaxiloll Member

6. zanoni Member

Are you already namefagged? I ask because it seems to me that getting your ID is the primary purpose of his correspondence right now.

IANAL but I am not sure how Anontube can be liable for content hosted elsewhere that is linked thru Anontube. Get a good lawyer, scream on WWP if that's a problem.
  7. iaxiloll Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  8. iaxiloll Member

Moose you are aware of the fact that you can be sued for posting those thumbnails are you not?
  9. Anonypeg Member

So this is what happened behind closed doors when Dr. Schaper makes legal threats like this. Now that you've exposed them, we have a lot of eyes to analyze the validity of his statements. Perhaps some lawyers or those well versed in law can validate?
  10. moose Member

He doesn't have my name or address, and since the police is well aware of 'fair game' and our situation I am more or less protected from revealing my ID.

'Deeplinking' is protected by law (as long as it is clear what the original source is). And since olli knows everything about EU and US laws he probably knows about these cases: Deep linking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Youtube/Vimeo promotes embedding their stuff, so i don't see a problem with them either.
  11. moose Member

no, thats not possible
    1. its 100% clear that this is a parody
    2. he is unrecognisable in these pictures
    3. i'm not the creator, nor did i have anything to do with these pictures before he started to accuse me of anything
    4. the pictures are still hosted by Youtube
    5. deeplinking is protected by law
    6. youtube is well known for taking down about anything if you have a complaint, however, olli refuses to send a takedownnotice to Youtube even though I advised him to do so. He is deliberately threatening Anontube instead.
  12. zanoni Member

So is the guy only chasing you for linking to content that is hosted (legally) elsewhere?
  13. iaxiloll Member

fixt
  14. D... Member

fix'd
  15. T.W.C_Anon Member

Is Anontube hosted on American soil? If not then ignore it because contrary to what Dubya would like everyone to think American laws only work in America.
  16. T.W.C_Anon Member

What we need is a moar better pic of this dude and feed it to the chans. Can anyone help me with this?
  17. moose Member

dont post it here please
  18. T.W.C_Anon Member

Oupps I should of mentioned that...cocks and such.
    lings in a prvmsg will do just fine.
  19. iaxiloll Member

20. Top Grunge Member

So, I don't know if Ollie is just trying to distract Anon from its goal, or if he realllly thinks he can fight the internet without doing so through OSA and Moxon. Either way, thank you Ollie for the lulz. Seriously, best thing YOU can do is stop trying. This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!
  21. NotBobMinton Member

His spydering consists of him googling his name & user name & shitting bricks.

Thumbnails are fair use, otherwise google image searches would be in a shit load of trouble.

Defamation or Lible laws have a much higher standard when someone is famous. How famous is Dr. Orfaceschulffer?
  22. iaxiloll Member

If you have any Ollie goodies pm me the links so I can fight this boredom. I actually hoped that he would have taken the clips down by nao !!

DMCA ABUSE BY SCIENTOLOGY & OSCHAPER RuTube
  23. zanoni Member

Just keep the source material some place where it's legal and/or outside his government's jurisdiction as necessary, and link to it as widely as possible. That way people can continue to learn the truth about this individual and we can stay on target.

Learning how to deal with new information, new attacks and changing circumstances is what we do. So let's thank him for the practice. It only makes us stronger, faster and more wonderful.
  24. A.Non Hubbard Member

He doesn't seem to realize his actions have made him a public figure.
  25. AnonOrange_ Member

Let's make the Tustin protest the largest EVER. Make lots of signs specifically for Oliver Schapper. He's got to realize that we are a strong opposition that he can't defeat. WE WILL shut him up.

If you need a ride or anything, please PM me. We can give you a ride to Pasadena and back afterwards. Tell all your friends to come. Let's do this!
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/203-usa-west-coast/tustin-home-braves-snappy-dressers-29298/
  26. The Shadow Member

Just thought I'd wade in here....

The original legal threat posted in the OP is practically word-for-word what he put in his last DMCA claim against me.

Our videos are protected as parodies. There is no doubt about that.

888 are maintaining that his photo was located on that German social networking site. However the lastest is that, since his claims about the photograph being stolen, he has either deleted his profile or made it private. So it's going to be difficult/impossible to get a screengrab.

The Watermark:
    I'm still highly dubious that it even exists, HOWEVER I did notice something odd on his photgraph when I flipped it horizontally. Something which you can faintly see on the photo when it is the normal way round becomes a lot more obvious. To me, it looks like a watermark, but I'm no expert (hell I do all my comedy shoops in Paint, for god's sake). It is a white pinprick under his collar, with some sort of logo next to it (if you zoom in, it looks like a stylised cross in a circle)

[IMG]

And if it is a watermark, then it's clearly not on his head in the photo. So he can go and fuck himself.

Also: Oliver Schaper is a CRIMINAL and PERVERT!
  27. arPnonymous Member

Dutch law so probs not of any use, but maybe there is a US/UK clausule too.
    Sue me ;)
  28. iaxiloll Member

But that is what he is doing.
  29. zanoni Member

So evidence suggests this guy is seriously overweight, a known criminal, a serial bankrupt and a Wikipedia reject? Wow, he seems to have an awful lot of personality problems. Maybe he should take a stress test.
  30. The Shadow Member

I'm back on Vimeo (circumvented my IP block using TOR), I'm gonna put the Ollie vids back up and put them on AnonTube (pure genius that AnonTube, BTW)

Also I'm gonna stick em on RuTube
  31. iaxiloll Member

From Russia with love Ollie!!!!!
  32. The Shadow Member

In the immortal words of Terry Tibbs:

talktottherussianszz1.png
  33. Re: peephole.tv threatens to sue AnonTube.com

I'd like to know Ollie's excuse for having this pulled from youtube:-

rapidshare.com/files/153055613/censored_ollie.mov.html
  34. 0815 Member

They search the internets probably for keywords and review the content. We don't know but he has been fast the kill content.
  35. another123 Member

36. iaxiloll Member

I do not know but here it is again Zomgf !

The Efil of Scientology "Censored" RuTube
  37. zanoni Member

Possibly because he has paid people to find stuff on his behalf? Something tells me this guy sees everything in the world in terms of win or lose, in which case he's going to be over this whole scene like a plague and will spend and do whatever is necessary to squash videos he doesn't like in order 'win'.

Which would mean this tussle ties up his time and attention far more than ours, which means he's losing a grip on other matters and seeing hours of his life slip away into nothingness for no purpose, which means he already lost the only game that matters. I'm sure the Church has a course or two to help him with all of this.
  38. Re: peephole.tv threatens to sue AnonTube.com

Nice one :)
  39. 0815 Member

I'm not sure you have to spent so much time on searching videos? If they really have a good spider searching content for them using keywords, all we have to do is to change them and we are home free.
  40. iaxiloll Member

Wrong, he has spais as well they took a clip off one of my channels with a fake title and fake tags.