Customize

People Mag: Jett "was never heard speaking"

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by TinyDancer, Jan 7, 2009.

1. TinyDancer Member

People Mag: Jett "was never heard speaking"

COVER PREVIEW: Loving and Losing Jett - Jett Travolta Cover, John Travolta Cover, Kelly Preston Cover, Jett Travolta, John Travolta, Kelly Preston : People.com
  2. RedOrbifold Member

Re: People Mag: Jett "was never heard speaking"

tragic,

+1 autism -1 kawasaki disease
  3. Re: People Mag: Jett "was never heard speaking"

Anne Archer (the mother of the current cult mouthpiece) may be spanked for that.
  4. moarxenu Member

By her son, Tommy Davis?
  5. Skeptic1337 Member

Sounds kinky.

I might change my mind on Ann Archer if this is true.

Vids plox
  6. Joyful Member

Sooo....is it okay to be significantly mentally handicapped in Scientology?! Do they recognize that?

How is that different than being on the autism spectrum?
  7. BunnySkull Member

I just don't see how the Travolta's can keep repeating his condition was Kawasaki Syndrome (or that it was his only problem) when Jett had such extreme neurological deficiencies (i.e. Not speaking by the age of 16! Regular seizures, caretakers 24/7 all his life, etc..).

Kawasaki's is curable and even then the symptoms and problems it causes are not even in the same field as the major issues Jett was dealing with. If he truly had Kawasaki's it seems like heart monitoring and other such issues would be the main concern - not major neurological problems.

I think the Travolta's counted on Kawasaki's being obscure enough that no one would really question it, now that Jett has died and people are really putting it under the microscope I don't think it can continue to hold up.

(The most credence I will even lend to the whole "Kawasaki's" PR line is that maybe he did have it once as a young child, but that was the least of his problems. The parents just decided to latch on to it and pretend as if all his other major neurological deficiencies either didn't exist or were just part of the KS bullshit)

Also, has anyone heard ANY mention of ANY kind of schooling Jett received or attendance at schools of any kind? I wonder if the Travolta's just let him play video games all day (as has been claimed) and monitored him with babysitters - not even attempting to send him to any type of school (particular a school that specializes in special needs kids) that could have been very beneficial to him. Seems like "keep the secret" of Jett's condition took precedence over almost everything in that poor kid's life.
  8. eddieVroom Member

Any school that an autistic child could be placed in would almost certainly be a Wog school full of Eevil Psychs who would "officially" diagnose Autism. IIRC, there was something mentioned in a news story about Jett being Home Schooled. So, yeah, I'm guessing video games all day long.
  9. not shure Member

FWIW, people who suffer from seizures should not be playing video games.

I'm curious if the "caretakers" or Johnny himself even had valid CPR/first aid cards (just in case they ever needed apply CPR to anyone).
  10. King Nerd Member

Another cultie with attorney friends.

Move along, people.
    This is about a cult. Not the people, whomever they may be.
  11. basil Member

Anyone in a position of 'carer' of any kind should have at least basic first aid training, let alone more advanced stuff if they're dealing with more high risk cases.

Hell, I have one at work, I also have a food hygiene cerficate and the most 'food preparation' I generally do in my day to day work is putting a pie in a microwave.

There's a lot of health and safety/compliance stuff in the UK, probably even more so in the sue-happy US of A... so yes, I think it would be in the public interest just to find out what kind of qualifications Jett's carers had for that position.
  12. Aika Member

I’ve read an old interview with John Travolta and he said that Jett was home-schooled, but that he could attend any school if he wanted. I will see if I can find it.
  13. not shure Member

[IMG]
  14. RedOrbifold Member

oh that is just low...

but hilarious
  15. Top Grunge Member

took a second to get it....but wow.
  16. Donovan Cook Member

Saw this last night on one of the myriad of shows I watched with the story.

Maybe change OP title to reflect more of the Anne Archer angle?
    Now we know where Tommy gets his footbulleting skills. smiley374.gif
  17. dwest Member

The video game thing really depends. When I worked with handicapped teens some of those with epilepsy could play video games fine, although we preferred they used a handheld for a number of reasons. One girl was extremely photosensitive so she could not play.

As for the CPR, if I had a child who had a grand mal every four days I'd sure in hell make sure his caretaker had a current Red Cross cert.
  18. not shure Member

With an estimated net worth of $200mil -- A pair of RN level or higher.

(not mention maybe a helmet)
  19. Re: People Mag: Jett "was never heard speaking"

^^THIS^^^^^THIS^^^^^^THIS^^^^THIS^^^^

Did I mention that ^^^^THIS^^^^^ Would be a good idea!

Something is rotten and not in Denmark. Hell! Travolta could have had a personal physician with him at all times with that money!
  20. not shure Member

When there's an accident, you know, two scientologist photographers are the only ones who can really help, you just know. arff arrf gnnorshh
  21. dwest Member

Agreed. I was shocked when I read that the caretakers were not nurses of any level. We know Scientology has some of those in their ranks.

So why not a nurse or two? Perhaps it was part of their denial. (Although I personally think it would play into their "he has a medical disorder" case).

ETA: although with only one seizure every four days and adequate care Jett would not need a helmet from my experience.
  22. not shure Member

Do you suppose these folks are scilons too? dance instructors, acting coaches and other glamorous type jobs scilons seem to flock too --or-- does a REAL professional pilot and crew have command of his valuable Jett?

travolta015aw4.jpg

It would seem, to me, his status symbol garners more care than his son did.
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"](not that he didn't love his son)[/COLOR][/SIZE]