Customize

Petty Theft

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Dec 12, 2012.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. Anonymous Member

lol, petty theft.
  2. another123 Member

What are your crimes?
  3. Anonymous Member

Aug 17 1948.
    Anyone remember what the date of that PI badge or whatever it was hubbard had?
  4. p15_3.jpg

It was January 1948 when Ron commenced his duties as a Special Officer. Although his employer of record was the Metropolitan Detective Agency, his ultimate license came from LAPD; for only the department possessed the authority to determine who was "fit and proper" to serve. Nor was that authority in any way a rubber stamp, for as Los Angeles Police Chief W. H. Parker had declared, "You can’t be too tough when you give a man a badge and allow him to carry a gun." Moreover, no Los Angeles police officer could walk a more challenging beat, i.e., the notorious Central Division in what is still the city’s dark heart.

Encompassing about seventeen square miles beyond First and Main Streets (wherein lived but thirteen percent of the city’s population) the Central Division generated nearly a full third of all Los Angeles crime. That is, in less than one twenty-fifth of Los Angeles came roughly thirty percent of all burglaries, robberies, murders and assaults. Causes were complex, but obviously included a large transient population – the area was littered with one-night flophouses – and a certain degree of racial tension. In particular, Central Division lay between a growing Hispanic community and the northwestern perimeter of the African-American. There was also, of course, much in the way of gang violence, and that which had no real explanation at all.

Ron offers several pointed anecdotes to underscore the desolation: An intoxicated Native American threatens to kill the occupants of a Main Street bar for failing to serve him a drink. (The man is only mollified when LRH sits him down and convinces him a shot glass of water was the smoothest vodka in the civilized world.) Determined to resolve a quarrel with a friend, an equally intoxicated Alvarado Street resident attempts to snatch Ron’s side arm from the holster. That LRH never actually bothered to load the weapon was immaterial ("The cartridges are heavy," he quipped). The poor wretch perceived he had been wronged and wanted revenge, and only after what amounts to a heart-to-heart talk with Special Officer Hubbard, does the offender finally conclude one did not shoot one’s friends. On the other hand, Ron observed, there also was what LAPD police officers dished out in the name of law enforcement, including billy club beatings and forced confessions, inevitably driving petty offenders to increasingly more serious crime . . . Until, as LRH so descriptively put it, life on these streets became "completely lost from all creation".
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Tourniquet Member

[IMG]

Gosh! It looks to be "1-7-48"!

Also:
    juniorbadge.jpg
  6. I Special Officer LRH was a petty offender who was driven to increasingly more serious crime by the psychs!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

By what they did to you, or what they refused to do for you?
  8. Anonymous Member

We already know most of Scientology's crimes.
    They don't know ours and they be jelly.
  9. Psychs are the cause of crime on this planet.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

They made you do it all by telepathy, didn't they?
  11. Anonymous Member

i like where it say "expires 12-31-48 (unless sooner annulled)"
    I think the power went to his head.

Personally, I think it was just a misunderstanding. You see Hubbard had a MU. He wanted to fly a kite, instead he got all mixed up and kited a check. It could happen to anyone. Probably about the same time Sara put a needle in his eye.
  12. Anonymous Member

FLUNK!

They're the problem that goes beyond our galaXy

MOAR!
    http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?Itemid=202&id=226&option=com_content&task=view
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    Mod Edit: Sci Link: http://legacyimgs.lronhubbard.org/human/respect5.htm
  14. Anonymous Member

Ah, so Hubbard was a toy cop, rather like our modern-day rent-a-cops. Interesting.
  15. grebe Member

And he wrote bad checks. Gee, color me surprised.
  16. DeathHamster Member

He wrote bad self-help, religion and sci-fi books too. I see a trend!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. DeathHamster Member

Special Officer sounds like he was a Short Bus Cop.

These days, he'd need a license as an armed security guard from the state of California. I guess he'd call himself a Special State Trooper.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Great story...probably true, but the man who wore this badge was not a Policeman, and never "Walked a Beat". I know, because I wore one for nearly ten years. The badge pictured is issued to Private Security Officers who wish to work in a "Patrol" enviroment, driving around the City of Los Angeles while carrying a loaded firearm. The badge was issued by the Police Commission, who was tasked with regulating the fast-emerging business of Private Vehicle Patrol. The Police Commission regulated everything the Private Patrol Operators did, including the color of their vehicles, the color of the uniforms, the caliber of ammunition, lettering on the vehicles, etc... Then there was this badge, silver by the time I wore one in the 1970's, that resembled a Mailman badge more than a law enforcement badge!! All applicants were (and still are, I believe), required to make a personal visit to City Hall to apply for their Special Officer Permit. There was a small fee, and you were also issued an ID Card, with a picture you were required to provide. We all hated the badges, and usually kept them in our top pockets, ready to present, if ever asked for by a Policeman. But most of us had store-bought generic badges that more closely resembled the then-current style of police badges.
  19. Thank you for your post