Customize

Pile of Scientology books here at uni...

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Nosmo King, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Nosmo King Member

Pile of Scientology books here at uni...

As mentioned in the title, here in my university's commons, there is a pile of shrink-wrapped Scientology books-low level stuff (Dianetics 55, History of Man, Science of Survival, Way to Happiness, Scientology 0-8, 8-008) , but probably still worth in the 100s of dollars.

They're on the library's "free book cart"-and I didn't see them before today.

Should I do anything about them? I do intend to ask why they are there and how they got there in the first place to the appropriate people here.
  2. mortified Member

Re: Pile of Scientology books here at uni...

A great first step. Too bad they're shrink-wrapped...that would be a damn good opportunity to slip a "youfoundthecard" cards or two in between the first few pages.
  3. womanonymous Member

They're on the free book cart? I would take them if I were you. You'll be saving some poor curious person from a lot of trouble and picking up some useful research/picket materials while you're at it.
  4. Lrononymous Member

You know what I hate. I hate those pesky stickers that bookstores put on books. Even though stickers on the shrinkwrapping of some books is better, I still have to look at what the sticker says. Hard to tell is the sticker is good info or useless so I have to look anyway. Who knows? I may have won a million dollars or something. yes. stickers are a real pain. :guyfawkes:
  5. Anon1412 Member

Get it and kill it with fire!

Just kidding. Just buy it if you are really interested in, otherwise I would save the money for something another..
  6. Nosmo King Member

Well... they were all free to take-and someone did, right as I was about to. I made sure he knew (in a non-hostile way) that the material contained within was from a cult; he responded he knew the score about Scn and Mr. Hubbard.

He said he'd use the books to annoy someone else.

At least they're gone now.
  7. Re: Pile of Scientology books here at uni...

Print out stickers instead :D
  8. Re: Pile of Scientology books here at uni...

If they are free, take them. There are plenty of Anonymous and critics that want to compare the new basics with the old, and document any changes. Then we will have proof that DM either squirreled the Tech, or didn't change it much at all (meaning that he charged devout Scientologists over $4000 for something they already had on their shelves). Either way, Co$ is screwed.

There IS a reason that DM wants the old books destroyed. It is so people can't compare them.
  9. anonj Member

Exactly. Go get them!
  10. GeriKhan Member

No probs then, that man is Anonymous in spirit if not in fact.