Customize

Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by BusterFriendly, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

Pitt calls Cruise?s Nazi film ?ridiculous?- msnbc.com "When the Stern reporter mentioned Tom Cruise's recent turn in a film about a real plot to kill Hitler, Pitt simply said, 'It was a ridiculous movie.' " To all Clams reading this: Don't feel too bad-at least he had nice things to say about Saturday Night Fever, lol.
  2. COB Member

Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

I agree whole heartedly with Mr Pitt. I tried to get Tommy boy to be in the sequel to Battlefield Earth and the movie based on Mission Earth Chronicles but he refused. I was very sad. Still sad. Valkyrie was a wash and just one in a few million awful drawn out movies on World War II. I am satisfied with Mr Tarantino having completely destroyed the genre from inside-out and done a service to the world at large.
  3. PimpXenu Member

I actually broke down and torrented it a few weeks ago. I probably should of known something was up when the nicest things most critics had to say about it was something like "Well...it wasnt THAT bad".

I hated it. For one i cant stand how every movie cruise is in, it becomes about HIM. Like it's not a movie about jet-fighters, it's a movie about TOM CRUISE as a jet fighter. It's not a movie about samurai, it's a movie about TOM CRUISE as a samurai. They guy doesnt act, he just shows up on ever set and acts exactly the same for every damn role he's ever been in. It's always the same fucking person.

Anyways, the movie was boring, you knew what was going to happen, just had to sit there and watch it all unravel and watch cruise act like himself, dressed as a nazi. I got sick of it about 3/4 in and just fast forwarded to the end, didnt seem like i really missed anything.
  4. Anonymous Member

I kind of liked the movie, but then again I'm kind of into that world war II crap. I find some things about it fascinating. Cruise wasn't that great of an actor, but the story of Stauffenberg is amazing to me. You have to think about it in the context of the times. Very few people in Germany were open critics of Hitler and if they were, they weren't for long. To have even THOUGHT about staging a coup against Hitler and trying to assassinate him took some big fuckin cojones. It wasn't just their lives on the line, it was their wives' and children's lives at risk too. That's what I liked about the movie.
  5. xenubarb Member

ITT:
    Brad Pitt shows Cruise how to do it right.
  6. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

^^What is this place, a fucking movie club now?

Where is the relevance to the cause in your need to communicate your personal perceptions of some shitty two-bit historical pantomine?
  7. Anonymous Member

They said they hated it, I merely said why I liked it. this is a thread about a comment made about a movie. expect more comments about the damn movie.
  8. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

Stauffenberg not the point. The point is, Cruise's blatent attempt to ingratiaite hisself w/Germans by playing one of their national heros, thus countering all the negative feelings Germans have for the Cult. Plan FAILED miserably.
  9. COB Member

I'll give it that, the story was mint but the acting left much to be desired. Hence my idea of him doing Battlefield Earth II "Machine-Gun the Psyclos!"
  10. PagAnon Member

true. they're still not much liked in Germany.
    also true. Cruise I'd say is better off sticking to Mission Impossible stuff or as you suggested.
  11. Anonymous Member

I'm going to anonymously break ranks here and say that I think Tom Cruise is a good actor.

It is possible to separate acting talent from whether or not the actor is a complete tosser.

Tom Cruise is a perfect example of this IMNSHO.
  12. PagAnon Member

I'm gonna go with south park on this one.
  13. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

I disagree. Tom Cruise is good at playing Tom Cruise. He is not a good actor a good actor will "become" the roll. Tom is just Tom playing a part. He used to make the bank for the studios thats the ONLY reason he is a "star"
  14. Anonymous Member

LULZ, as long as WWP has a "Celebrity" section, I expect these sorts of posts will continue.
  15. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

Name one movie that Cruise was in, that wouldn't have been better if someone else was playing his part?
  16. PagAnon Member

the mission impossible movies. but those are the only ones that I can think of.
  17. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

Hell thoes movies would have been better if I played his part lol(they would have made less $$ but would have been better)
  18. Anonymous Member

TRUFAX. Even when he played that fat bastard it was Tom as a fat bastard.
  19. Anonymous Member

Is he better or worse at this than....Sean Connery, Brad Pitt, Harrison Ford? (non-scilons)
  20. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

I'll give him one-sort of; Born On The Fourth Of July. Might of been shot B.S.(before sciontology). But, if you notice, he seems to be at his best when playing characters who are over-amped and borderline psychotic, like Sean in Taps(worth viewing just to see Cruise cut down in a hail of bullets, lol)
  21. Anonymous Member

/r/ you look what fucking forum this is.
  22. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

That may be but I hated the MI movies because I loved the original show which was an ensemble and and not just a stupid cruise vehicle.

P.S. Anything I've seen cruise in he seems to be acting as himself. I think all of the hoopla there ever was about him had to do with looks and not whether he could act (which to me he can't!)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Pitt's new movie tomorrow!
  23. Anonymous Member

You'd best be trolling, nigger.

I can understand putting Brad Pitt on Cruise's level, but don't fucking diss James Bond and Indiana Jones. Nuked fridge or not, but Connery and Ford can act circles around both of those faggots.
  24. muldrake Member

The last movie Cruise was any good in was Collateral. Maybe it's because he didn't have to do any acting, since the movie was about a sociopathic criminal. Similarly, he had a good turn in Rain Man, precisely because he played the same kind of narcissistic asshole he is in real life.

Disagree on Pitt. Reasons: Twelve Monkeys, Fight Club, Snatch, Seven (I refuse to do that stupid thing with the number in the middle), True Romance, fuck, even A River Runs Through It.
  25. Tofuman666 Member

The fact that Cruise couldn't do a German accent made the movie fail.
  26. Anonymous Member

People deserved a better movie about the July 20th plot.

As a history buff you may know this, but Claus von Stauffenberg wasn't quite the same type of person that Cruise portrayed. For one, while he didn't like Hitler he wasn't gung ho about getting rid of him from day one, the Germany the plotters wanted wasn't quite the egalitarian society that we assume Cruise's Ethan Stauffenberg is after, and Claus von Stauffenberg had a sort of warrior poet charisma that inspired his co-conspirators - he wasn't Ethan Hunt.

Stauffenberg is a hero because he was one of the few you rose up against Hitler - he wasn't some sort of generic action hero.

Sure Valkyrie is good explaining the mechanics of the plot, but the reasons why they did it is almost a complete lie.
  27. fitch2000 Member

1)Interview with a vampire, <3 Louis, Brad's vamp. Cruise's Lestat ummm no.

2)Cocktail, I liked Elizabeth Shue in this movies and the older guy, don't really remember Cruise's parts in it.

3)Top Gun, I <3 Goose and Ice Man and Meg Ryan in this movie. Didn't care for Cruise's part in this one either.

can't think of any of his other movies I've seen. I just don't care for any character he's played that I can think of atm.
  28. AnonymousNow Member

Gotta love that pitt quote.

I also think he is a better actor than cruise. Cruise has one character- a smarter and more athletic version of his real world self.

Pitt, to my initial surprise, has vastly greater versitility.

This quote is classic. Looks like tc has built up some hollywood frenemies in his days. Summner Redstone wasn't shy about trashing him either.
  29. POS Member

Why you got to bring Summner Redstone in this ? You know his daughter is a scientologist don't you ? The one who he almost handed his empire to and is/was up there in the biz.
    Redstone is a treacherous bastard and only distanced himself from cruise to save face when cruise went bat shit insane proselytizer. Redstone has since made up with cruise the couch jumping PROSELYTIZER.
  30. Anonymous Member

THE PROSELYTIZER would be a good name for a movie about wwp ,TC and scientology. I would pay to see this in a movie theater : )

31. muldrake Member

Another case of Tom Cruise doing a role well because he didn't have to actually act, since he was playing a closeted gay guy.

32. PimpXenu Member

Sean Connery can act, he did some different stuff....just not much of it. Watch "The man who would be king" if you think he cant act.

Brad pitt does some pretty good acting sometimes, as others have listed.

Ford...well....he was never a super actor either. I think han solo was his biggest stretch as an actor. Still...he's a buttload more likable than cruise.

But all three of them are hands down better than cruise acting wise. I do remember seeing him in tropic thunder and noticing that it's just him doing the same old thing, just tom cruise in a fat suit...except he uses more swear words that someone wrote for him. Even his cadence of voice was the same as always...you think he could try to sound more jewy or something...anything. Kinda pissed me off because it was a pretty funny movie, but he really ruined it. Plus it was supposed to be his big chance to show he can be different and not be such a douche and...well he did the same old thing and showed that he really is a douche, and he always sounds like a 13 year old when he screams.

Fuck him man...i hated him ever since top gun anyways.
  33. Anonymous Member

In Connery's case always in the same fucking accent.

Funny how the film club comments only start once someone says Cruise isn't a bad actor.

Even though I still said he was a tosser.
  34. Anonymous Member

Yeah, he was very convincing as a psychopath in Collateral.
    Trufax!

A psychopath?
  35. FUCK Member

Agreed
  36. eleven Member

Double agreed.
  37. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

Even though I did like the movie "Collateral" and his performance in it, He played an emotionless Scientologist drone, how was that a stretch for him?
  38. Anonymous Member

^QUOTED FOR TRUTH

39. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

bradpitt20.jpg

This pic belongs in this thread. Definitely needs shoop.
  40. Re: Pitt Calls Cruise's Nazi Film Ridiculous

TC_HtBrth_BP_v1b.jpg

Good thing Brad turned his head as Tom tried to give him his OT burp of fire power!