Customize

Pizza? Denied!

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Pizza Nazi, Jun 27, 2016.

1. At the end of the article, Ortega shows Mark Bunker's latest video.
    The end of the video shows Bunker trying to buy a piece of pizza from a restaurant called Café Milano and he was refused. I noticed the owner is wearing an OT bracelet.
    His name is Donato Loi:
    Maybe Ortega should give him a call and ask Donato why he ran out of pizza at 1:30 in the afternoon?
    Donato Loi in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 25 individual completions for Donato Loi appear in official Scientology publications:
    Donato Loi BASIC GRAMMAR COURSE Source 55 1987-01-01
    Donato Loi PRO E-METER COURSE Source 55 1987-01-01
    Donato Loi PRO TR COURSE Source 56 1987-03-01
    Donato Loi ARC STRAIGHTWIRE Source 57 1987-05-01
    Donato Loi ACADEMY LEVEL 0 Source 58 1987-07-01
    Donato Loi ACADEMY LEVEL I Source 58 1987-07-01
    Donato Loi ACADEMY LEVEL II Source 58 1987-07-01
    Donato Loi ACADEMY LEVEL III Source 58 1987-07-01
    Donato Loi GRADE 0 Source 60 1987-12-01
    Donato Loi ACADEMY LEVEL IV Source 60 1987-12-01
    Donato Loi THE ASSESSMENT DRILL COURSE Source 60 1987-12-01
    Donato Loi OBJECTIVES Source 63 1988-09-01
    Donato Loi CLASS IV INTERNSHIP Source 64 1988-11-01
    Donato Loi ARC STRAIGHTWIRE Source 65 1989-02-01
    Donato Loi GRADE 0 Source 65 1989-02-01
    Donato Loi PTS/SP COURSE PART TWO Source 65 1989-02-01
    Donato Loi PTS/SP COURSE PART ONE Source 66 1989-05-01
    Donato Loi ROUTE TO INFINITY Freewinds 2 1990-04-01
    Donato Loi FALSE PURPOSE RUNDOWN BASIC FORM Auditor UK 314 2003-11-01
    Donato Loi NEW OT VI HUBBARD SOLO NOTS AUDITING COURSE Source 170 2005-09-01
    Donato Loi SUCCESS CONGRESS COURSE Freewinds 68 2007-06-01
    Donato Loi L 11 NEW LIFE RUNDOWN Source 210 2010-10-01
    Donato Loi L 10 RUNDOWN Source 210 2010-10-01
    Donato Loi L 12 FLAG OT EXECUTIVE RUNDOWN Source 210 2010-10-01
    Donato Loi PURIF RD Source 233 2014-08-01
  2. Is that the same donato loi who has an arrest record in Florida for tampering with a witness and domestic battery . Clearwater police arrested and charged him in 2/08/2014.
    Check for yourselves.
  3. Florida.arrests.org

It's all there except for the pic which would have been nice.
  4. Donato Loi = Pizza Nazi
    No pizza for you!
    Looks like he is on Face Book and Café Milano too
    just sayin'
  5. At least pizza guy was 100% cooperative on getting water and then a disposable cup for Bunker.

He might have been instructed not to sell Bunker anything, but he seemed happy to help Bunker out when it came to this courtesy.

If the guy is the private owner of a private business, then he is probably 100% within the law when he "reserves the right to refuse service to anyone," so long as that refusal is not made on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or extremely arbitrary conditions (e.g., people who are wearing the gear of the opposing sports team). If the refusal is on the basis of the patron's sexual orientation, well, RFRA and some states' rights legislation may permit such discrimination in certain parts of the country, but this dispute is an active, ongoing legal battle the last time I checked.

In any case, the refusal of service to Bunker by a Scientologist who owned a private business would be entirely reasonable, given Bunker's long, well-known campaign against Scientology. The refusal is not being made for extremely arbitrary reasons. The owner did not even need to make up a lie about running out of pizza, though it was probably better PR than telling Bunker the truth on film.

Idk whether there are laws in Florida about refusing to provide water, so I can't say whether the owner was compelled to provide water to Bunker, or if he was doing it because he voluntarily chose to provide aid to a thirsty man. I'd like to think it was the latter, since he was so polite and cooperative about it.

Alternatively, pizza guy probably could have directed Bunker to ask a public safety officer for water, since they actually have a duty to render aid to citizens - that is, assuming Florida doesn't have a law that requires businesses to provide free water to everyone who asks.

race, color, religion, or national origin.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Quentinanon Member

Except the refusal was made on the basis of religion. Bunker objects to scientology.

Florida Profit Corporation CAFE MILANO, INC.
    Filing Information
    Document NumberP12000096841
    FEI/EIN Number80-0869598
    Date Filed11/26/2012
    Effective Date11/23/2012
    StateFL
    StatusACTIVE
    Last EventAMENDMENT
    Event Date Filed05/16/2016
    Event Effective DateNONE
    Principal Address
    105 N FT HARRISON AVE
    CLEARWATER, FL 33755
    Mailing Address
    105 N FT HARRISON AVE
    CLEARWATER, FL 33755
    Registered Agent Name & Address
    Loi, Donato
    105 N Fort Harrison ave
    Clearwater, FL 33755

Name Changed: 05/24/2016

Address Changed: 05/24/2016
    Officer/Director Detail Name & Address

Title P

LOI, DONATO
    13125 WILCOX RD APT 5104
    LARGO, FL 33774

Donato Loi

105 N FORT HARRISON
    CLEARWATER, FL 33755
    DOB
    March 9, 1963
    Race
    WHITE
    Sex
    Male
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Hair Color
    Black
    Height
    Weight
    Complexion
    MED
    Arrest Date
    February 8, 2014 5:35 PM
    Arrest Age
    Charges
    TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS

Statute
    914.22(1)/F
    Charge Status
    RELEASED ON OWN RECOGNIZANCE
    Arrest Type
    ON VIEW
    Report Number
    CW14017629
    OBTS Number
    Court Case Number
    CRC1402343CFANO
    BATTERY;DOMESTIC

Statute
    784.03(1)/M
    Charge Status
    RELEASED ON OWN RECOGNIZANCE
    Arrest Type
    ON VIEW
    Report Number
    CW14017629
    OBTS Number
    Court Case Number
    CTC1402871MMANO
    Booking Date
    February 8, 2014 5:35 PM
    Current Age
    Arrest Agency
    CLEARWATER POLICE
    SPIN
    Booking Type
    FELONY
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

After viewing the video, I have to disagree.
    Don't forget that he WAS going to serve him until he was told not to.
    It's his business and yes he has the right to refuse people for certain things, but he only refused to serve Bunker becasue he was told to.
    SO FUCK THAT
    He wouldn't let Bunker sit down even after Bunker offered to pay for a soda.
    Which makes him complicit in the COS's abusive and bullying ways.

EDITED:
    Hey Mods, Maybe Pizza Nazi needs his own thread? This is in the Chick Corea thread
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Quentinanon Member

Looks like Loi got the two criminal charges expunged. Records not publicly accessible anymore.
    But, LoiBoy is getting sued for using the same business name as another Floridian:

LEONOR SURIEL CAFE MILANO INC Vs. DONATO LOI

Case Type: INJUNCTION - CIRCUIT
    Date Filed: 03/16/2016
    Judicial Officer: SCHAEFER, JOHN A
    UNIFORM CASE NUMBER: 522016CA001722XXCICI
    Party Information
    Attorneys
    DEFENDANT LOI, DONATO
    105 N FT HARRISON AVE
    CLEARWATER, FL 33026

PLAINTIFF LEONOR SURIEL CAFE MILANO INC

ROSY A APONTE
    R APONTE & ASSOCIATES PLLC
    8180 N W 36TH STREET
    STE 100-J
    DORAL, FL 33166
    305-753-9600(W)
    1431 NW 112 WAY
    PEMBROKE PINES, FL 33026

Events & Orders of the Court
    OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
    03/17/2016 SUMMONS TO BE ISSUED (SUBSEQUENT PLEADINGS)
    ISSUED 3/18/2016
    03/16/2016 CIVIL COVER SHEET
    03/16/2016 CIVIL COVER SHEET - E-FILED
    03/16/2016 COMPLAINT
    03/16/2016 SUMMONS TO BE ISSUED
  9. RightOn Member

Further more, this guy knew he was being filmed and he was still stupid enough to refuse to serve Bunker.
    Did he really think that would be good for business for him to say that he had no pizza at 1:30 in the afternoon on camera after he already said he would serve Bunker?
    And that he wouldn't serve him anything else OR let him sit and buy a soda?
    Screw him. He pulled it in.
    So he turned OTVI in 2005?
    Guess his OT powerz were on the fritz when he got busted?
  10. He's a private business owner, so he has the right to refuse service if he has good reason.

I don't think you'd hold it against an African American business owner who refused service to a Klansman in full regalia filming in his store.

I don't think you'd hold it against the same business owner if the Klansman came into the store in plain clothes, but the business owner was informed by a concerned citizen of the Klansman's membership and disposition before the completion of any transactions, and the business owner then made the decision to deny service.

I know a lot of Mexican-American owned businesses are currently denying service to Donald Trump based on his political views, as well.

That business owner was exercising his rights as a private American business owner. He told a lie about running out of pizza to smooth it over, but he was still entirely within his rights to refuse service.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. RightOn Member

OTVI and he couldn't serve a slice of pizza? He has to listen to some security guard wanna be?
    BWA HA HA
    The guy is a douche
    And comparing Bunker to a Klansman is WAY over the top. "full regalia" WTF did Bunker wear besides a camera.
    That guy didn't say stop filming me either.
    As far as I know Bunker, has never hid his face at a protest or filming in any of the vids I have seen, nor is he a raciest or a bigot and he is not against what Scientologists believe in as he again mentions in the video, he is against the abuses of the COS.
    So save it

EDITED:
    even if the guy did have a LEGAL right not to serve him, he is still a douchebag.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. anon8109 Member

WBM blocked from filming Miscavige at ribbon cutting event by a line of dozens of homo novii standing 10 feet apart along the street.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RightOn Member

14. DeathHamster Member

That's not even his site.

It looks like he let that one lapse last year and it was picked up by Japanese scavengers.
  15. Quentinanon Member

Except, osabot, you have presented different circumstances to the one involving Mark Bunker and ronbot Donato Loi. Bunker disagrees with scientology and has been publicly outspoken about that. For that, he has been discriminated against on orders from the scientology crime syndicate. Loi or anybody else has no such right to discriminate and I'd like to see Bunker hire an attorney and raep your corrupt, evil organization in a lawsuit. Scientology ought to be driven out of existence.
  16. Wrong on the osabot. I'm a long-time user of the site and an avowed enemy of Scientology.

My position is probably the same one that JohnnyRUClear, Herro, or adhocrat would take in this situation.

Also wrong on the idea that Loi "has no such right to discriminate," because private business owners do have the right to refuse service. Neither of you has actually disputed this idea head-on. The Trump banned by Mexican-American businesses example is completely applicable, as is the plain clothes Klansmen example.

Freedom to associate necessarily entails the freedom not to associate. They use the same legal and constitutional reasoning to justify disconnection. That doesn't make it admirable or popular, but it is certainly legal.
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

That's correct about freedom of association as an individual right. Where it gets murky is when you go to the gummint and beg for privileges, such as incorporation. Those privileges come with strings attached; if you want the privilege, you gotta pay the price stipulated by the privilege-giver. So that's how a business becomes something less free than an individual. If Donato were DBA himself, I think he would retain the rights you discuss. While DBA a corporation, though, he's regulated by the state.

I don't expect adhocrat or Herro to weigh in (sadly enough), so hopefully that is a sufficient answer in their stead. ;-)
  18. Idc if his business is incorporated or not. He is a Scientologist running a private business in the heart of Clearwater, a place where Mark Bunker has a long and storied history with Scientologists.

If there is a "legitimate business reason to deny service...then there is legal precedence for the business to refuse service."

Mark Bunker's notoriety combined with his patronage could/would negatively impact pizza guy's ability to do business with much of his regular Scientologist clientele.

I would expect that, quite similarly, a Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles franchisee wouldn't want the reputation that serving David Duke might bring him, and so would, for legitimate business reasons, refuse his patronage.
  19. RightOn Member

All those people lining up on the sidewalk like that?
    Is that entrapment?
    Is the COS going to have every single one of those people file a case against Bunker now?
    Does the restraining order or injunction (or whatever they are calling it) against Bunker go both ways? Do Scilons have to stay away from him too?
    Wasn't them lining up proof of them trying to entrap someone?
  20. anon8109 Member

The point of the scientology corporation's lawfare is to use their multi-million dolllar lawyers and PIs to harass, discourage, and tangle up critics in a legal morass. Winning is not important, what matters is to drag the lawsuit on for years and years draining the time, energy, and financial health of the victim.

The US legal system is very broken if it allows this to happen.