Customize

Please Read and =

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnonYmous03, Jan 7, 2013.

1. AnonYmous03 Member

“I'm sorry but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, black men, white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others' happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls; has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge as made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all.

Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say "Do not despair." The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Soldiers! Don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you; who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder! Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men---machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have a love of humanity in your hearts! You don't hate! Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural.

Soldiers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty! In the seventeenth chapter of St. Luke, it's written "the kingdom of God is within man", not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power.

Let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill their promise. They never will! Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free the world! To do away with national barriers! To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance! Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite!” -Charlie Chaplin
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. AnonYmous03 Member

4. AnonYmous03 Member

Love this pic did you draw this??
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  6. Anonymous Member

Ok, I don't get why you made this thread or posted the transcript of Charlie Chaplin's epic speech. Is there a reason and would you please clarify?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

op-is-a-faggot-make-me-a-cake.jpg
  8. AnonYmous03 Member

Yes i just think it is important speech. That had a very powerful and moving impacted on me in this time in my life. I just stumbled this speech of him and I was surprised that I've never seen this before? I really wanted to share it with this site and other people that have never seen it before. Because i feel like there is a obligation to listen to the voice of charlies and try to understand the fact that this is going on in this corrupt corporate capitalism america.....and just maybe get 1 or 2 people involved? like it has me
  9. Anonymous Member

If you want to defeat capitalism, don't buy stuff, and get others to stop buying stuff. Also, stop working a job, if you have one, and get others to do the same. Soon, the capitalistic system will crumble.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. You are not the first to post this speech,and you won't be the last.
    Still it is my favorite chaplain movie.
  11. AnonYmous03 Member

totally agree! but we need everybody to do it! power in numbers
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Charlie Chaplin made money.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not today,have bills to pay.Family to feed.
  14. Anonymous Member

What is fascinating about watching older films such as these, is that there is a timeless quality about them....
    and its almost as if things have not changed at all, when it comes to people.
    OP, you're not gonna be able to change anybody else. You just life your own life.
  15. Anonymous Member

16. The dome needs more happy hedgehogs.
    7014342.gif
  17. AnonYmous03 Member

sorry but I'm going to have to disagree wit you..living my life has to change or its going to seem like i am really only going to work a 7 to 5 everyday for the rest of my life.. there's more to life then working like a zombie every day unhappy that nothing changing and everything seems for the worst.. cant except the fact that when i am on my death bed and asked myself if i have lived?? that the 7 to 5 was the fulfillment of my life.......no, I wish to help others be more creative make a change for the better of man and stop thinking money will solve problems and make money to fix the problem of capitalism. i chose to fight fire wit fire...
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Since you (may have) started today, it may benefit you to look around other threads and see what interests you. There is an Occupy Wall Street section that may interest you, since it kind of fits what you are describing.

Now, what you have posted has been posted before a few times around here. Nothing wrong with that since it did have a great impact on you and it is a good speech/film. However, it has been done before so others may not be as impacted as you.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

It's not our problem.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

So don't do that then.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. PresidentShaw Member

Good, now go watch the whole movie
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

If you want to join a commune, go join a commune.

I'm not going to.
  23. Anonymous Member

That's cool.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Anonymous Member

Brillant. ^^
    The Great Dictator was a film he pushed to make over objections at the studio.
  26. Kilia Member

AnonYmous, could you help me cross the street, please?
  27. Anonymous Member

You have a job.
    Prozac
    Are you going to whine all they way to your deathbed? Sucks dude.
    That is actually kind of cute.
  28. Dyl.74 Member

Never seen this movie . Nice speech
  29. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I haven't either. However, there is a Youtube video of the speech.

I have forgotten, but isn't this speech the first time Charlie Chaplin spoke in one of his films? I think there was another, but he sung.
  30. A.O.T.F Member

"My prodigious sin was, and still is, being a non-conformist."

Charlie Chaplain

He was hounded by J. Edgar Hoover, and the FBI. He made them all look like a bunch of dickheads with his movie satire about McCarthyism "A King In New York". Charlie would have loved Anonymous - If he was around today .. He would most likely be a Member.
  31. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.
    Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost....
    !/images/photos/0000/0874/Great_Dictator_Pub_140-6_normal.jpg! The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.
    To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. .....
    Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!
    In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
    Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!
    Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite! :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  32. A.O.T.F Member

^^

Charlie-Chaplin.jpg

Charlie would have loved us. (Anonymous) I am of the opinion, if time & tide were different, and he was around today, he would be one of us.