Customize

Political Parties in Exile

Discussion in 'Resources' started by DasGeneral, Oct 30, 2009.

1. DasGeneral Member

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking the forums since July to try and keep up with the protests and resistance movement inside Iran and figured now was as good a time as any to try and get involved.

I know that the Green Movement is largely centered around Mousavi with some connections to Rafsanjani. It has the most support from Iranians in country and poses the best chance of enacting real reform within the system.

But I was wondering if anyone has gotten in touch with members of the Iranian emigrant communities, either in the USA or elsewhere, and discussed the status of the Iranian political movements currently in exile? I've looked up a few of them, like the Constitutionalist Party of Iran (CPI) that's working with the son of the former Shah for the founding of a Constitutional Monarchy, the Tudeh, and the social progressive parties on the left.

If these exiled parties could be somehow brought into the fold with the green movement, especially the members of the parliament-in-exile in Paris, they could provide some form of both monetary and political support for the reform efforts. Some of those exiled political movements have been involved in armed resistance over the past 30 years. It seems like both the Green Movement and the exiled parties are working towards somewhat similar goals: Government accountability, free and fair elections, free speech, and so on.

Anyways, it's just a thought.