Customize

POLL: If Iran was attacked

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Unregistered, Jul 21, 2009.

?

If an attack or invasion on Iran was imminent, what would you do?

I would support the attacks so they can destroy the mullah regime 1 vote(s) 16.7%
If would support the attacks, but only if the Green movement has been crushed or suppressed 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I would oppose the attacks but not do anything 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I would oppose that attacks and join protests 5 vote(s) 83.3%
  1. atmasabr Member

Your point is well taken. I do not think I have a good answer to you.

But I'll tell it anyway. It's easier to think and talk about war than about building and reinforcing the traditions of democracy? War seems like something that's likely, or at least a topic of discussion? It's what's in the news? It's what most people (at least in the United States) know.

Perhaps it would be accurate to say that the poll question is biased and part of a larger bias that ignores important issues. Do you think that it's part of a pattern of saying the same insulting things over and over again?

Get used to it. "Educating" the "mainstream" is a common experience of "minorities" in free speech. But we should all try not to be *too* stupid.
  2. atmasabr Member

Come on! Let's shoot the moon!
  3. But I really do not think anybody would have any problem with Iran having nuclear energy or even nuclear bombs if Iranian government did not threaten other countries and helped some ME organisations.
    If there would be different government, even somewhat theocratic, who would not claim that some countries are theirs (Bahrain) or that other countries "are cancer on the body of ME and should be removed" than there would be no problem, wouldn't it?
    I mean I would like Iran to have different government and nuclear energy - no problem for me provided that Iran won't threaten other countries or help some organizations with munition.
  4. حمید Member

The purpose, guidelines, rules and regulations … of a poll are defined clearly. For sure it has none for ever to create a debate but to measure the debate. The subject of the poll in this case is leading and is not constructed proper. A single person is able to manipulate the final result thus crate an illusion upon which a decision can be made. I being critical to this poll dose not in any way mean discouraging any discussion.
  5. حمید Member

There are classic known easy kinds to cope with classic tasks. Dose an ostrich kind when in need of flying is to be flayed if adapted? It has always been such an easy kind to exploit mob for that has always made glorious victories. Shall those be made as glorious traditions? What others should be reminded as glorious? The battles performed by name? This is a crime to introduce an illusion of reality leading people to enjoy melancholy schizophrenically for the result is adopting new traditions backwards. You cannot deny the thrown youth adopting tradition of throwing stone refusing otherwise an ostrich kind. Reinforce democracy? Who has been talking about democracy in recent time not having only misused the word democracy? Can you experience the current situation anything but applying resources to overcome tyranny? Can you deny the developments in current situation anything but a repeat of a so called glorious victory by rules of a pit when first experienced glorious having split organizations in development of being a part of pluralistic culture, shame, in the name of what not?
    Well, I say it too but it does not disturb me by any name given.