Customize

Post Game Sandy Springs, Ga. Ideal Org, April 24, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Stutroup, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Stutroup Member

Post Game Sandy Springs, Ga. Ideal Org, April 24, 2010

The weather was miserable! There was thunder, and rain ... and more rain ....... and more rain. But we had events!

Even though the cult is not yet occupying the building, they sent out someone to watch us and take pictures from the far end of the parking lot ... hiding behind their blue Kia SUV ... using their flash. They apparently called the police.

One police car parked in the middle turn lane across from the front parking entrance. Another police car parked behind the building (I think ... we didn't see it until the police were leaving), and the third drove a lap around the idle org, then talked with the Scilon in the Kia before they all left. As they left, some of them smiled and waved at us.

Eventually the Kia drove away. But first they drove to the post office lot and took pictures of several cars' plates, I guess hoping they were all our cars. Lol. Then they took a left on Glenridge and made an apparently very long loop back to Roswell Road. About five to ten minutes after leaving, they passed the front of the org and took our picture again ... with flash, inside their car. Luz! All they're getting is glare from that one!

A few minutes after that, another known Scientologist dove a lap through the parking lot.

Although the cult doesn't even yet have a sign up, people were honking, waving, giving us thumbs up, smiling, and pointing. Gee ... I guess Sandy Springs will be aware of Scientology's presence before they can even decide to call it a church or a Dianetics center.

One man stopped and yelled, "Are you protesting Scientology the religion?" Someone yelled back, "No! The corporation!" The guy gave a long, satisfied, "Ohhh!" and drove off.

Epic win, everyone. It was totally worth going out.

I'm sure I didn't cover everything so stand by for more!
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Post Game Sandy Springs, Ga. Ideal Org, April 24, 2010

Nice one for turning out in bad weather.
    Any pics/vids ?
  3. Stutroup Member

Pics are coming eventually. For now, a diagram of WHY the lurking Scilon was lulzy.

2kj6s3.png
  4. mefree Member

Pics are coming.

Protest was wet!

I believe there was a total of 5 police cars. Kind of makes one wonder about the content of the initial call to police. To be honest, the police did not seem to be overly concerned about us. They didn't stop to talk to us or check our permit (of course we had one) and they waved good-bye. Nice.

We enjoyed much support in thumbs up, waves and honks from the Sandy Springs Community.

We are fairly accustomed to surreptitious photography by now, lol.
  5. Re: Post Game Sandy Springs, Ga. Ideal Org, April 24, 2010

And here's some pictures! :-D

P4250004.jpg.gif

P4250005.jpg.gif

P4250009.jpg.gif

P4250010.jpg.gif

P4250007.jpg.gif

P4250013.jpg.gif
  6. ethercat Member

I had a sign that read "Scientology vs. Sandy Springs - Support the City!" on one side, and "Scientology makes a Bad Neighbor" on the other. It went over pretty well and got thumb's ups and nods from a lot of the local citizens, and hopefully piqued the curiosity of the others who don't already know about the RLUIPA lawsuit. I hope they will start asking some questions about what's going on.

Scientology called the police, to show the local force what a truly bad neighbor they can be. There were 5 police cars that responded, but apparently we weren't much of a threat to them, because the police never came and talked to us, or asked to see our permit, or anything, though they did spend a while (maybe 20-30 minutes) talking to the lone scientologist parked in a difficult-to-see-but-not-completely-hidden spot who was taking pictures of us. After the police left, the scientologist went over to the Post Office and started taking pictures of the cars parked there. I hope none of the local Sandy Springs residents got tagged by mistake. :eek:

It was a pretty good picket, considering the rain. Scientologists were enturbulated; awareness was raised among the citizens.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

Well done. Reminds me of Luzern:

2pry7f5.jpg
  8. Bipolart Member

Weather tech doesn't work on Anonymous. We're too determined for that. Good job. We can haz pics?
  9. Anonymous Member

Look up.
  10. PodPeople Member

Good job! Um, this was my husband's suggestion, obviously, of what to bring on next one:

fgsport_umbrella_girls_laguna_seca4.jpg
  11. manly man Member

that pattern sure iz freak'n lulzy XD. specially the fact that they will be getting a glare pic.

awesome way to show yer determination :D
  12. manly man Member

is this the first time y'all protest at this location... too lazy to lurk... >_<
  13. Anonymous Member

Wow thats wet, good job!
  14. ultrapoet Member

It's the first proper protest, yes.

I am sorry to have missed it but I was laid low with a splintering headache that left me cranky and unwilling to venture out into the rain and by the time it finally died down enough for me to emerge everybody had left. Glad to see you had some good enturbulation going.
  15. AuntAnonymous Member

What a great job! It's wonderful how you were so organized and all. You got public support, educated more and it sounds like the police have been calibrated as to who is creepy and who isn't! lol

Epic WIN!!!
  16. Anonymous Member

That looks like a great protest! Well done!
  17. Anon998 Member

fun stuff. Good job guys.
  18. Bipolart Member

<facepalm>
  19. RightOn Member

wet and wonderful
  20. Anonymous Member

I never understood why one would wear open shoes on a day like that, but whatever.

Good job!
  21. 3rdMan Member

Nice work.

Thats what she said. Sry couldn't resist.
  22. Re: Post Game Sandy Springs, Ga. Ideal Org, April 24, 2010

Go Sandy Springs Vikings! You must be Vikings getting out in that weather. Awesome Stuff.
  23. Anonymous Member

Thanks for the new sign. You guys are dedicated.
    SCIENTOLOGY
    MAKES A BAD
    NEIGHBOR
  24. Anonymous Member

Thanks for the new sign. You guys are dedicated.
    SCIENTOLOGY
    MAKES A BAD
    NEIGHBOR

Damn little buttons on my Droid.
  25. adhocrat Member

Always good to find the proper why.
  26. Anonymous Member

and that's wut i was thinking >_<
  27. Sponge Member

No ferrets then? I am disappoint.
    ;)
  28. Lorelei Member

Didn't make the 6-hour trek this month. Had enturbulation duties elsewhere.

@Sponge: Sorry u disappoint. :D Murphy the Ferret didn't enjoy the last downpour-enhanced protest, though, so he'd probably be left out. Previous ferret (RIP) was moar hardcore liked running about in the rain and thus would have probably had a blast. You never can tell with the little buggers. /derail

Good jerb, ATLanons!

I am amused by the Scilons attempting and failing to use proper stealth tech. (What, no shrubberies to lurk in?) Their continued insistence about taking pictures of random vehicles near their culthive despite it not being a viable or effective technique for the past couple of years is pathetic. They really don't know what else to do, beyond responding with creepiness and irrelevant Bad Surveillance Tech.
  29. ravenanon Member

congrats guys! Awesome picts
  30. Stutroup Member

I know, right?

And I'd LOVE to know what they tell the police! There may have been five cars. I noticed three as they were leaving, but others tell me there were two more.

The reasons I can think the police would have responded so calmly:
    "There are people on our private property. I'm out here now, keeping my distance"
    "They're parked on our property. I'm not going to tell them to move; I think they could be dangerous."
    "They're blocking {traffic/ingress or egress from our parking/access to the Post Office/something}."

I'm sure they could have come up with something else, but I still want to know what it was.

Things that would be even lulzier:
    "There's a terrorist organization on our private property" (They tried calling their critics terrorists at the zoning meetings. The City Council said basically 'If terrorists are coming to Sandy Springs because you're here, we're not sure we want you here' to which their lawyer said, 'They're well-behaved terrorists' which, of course, caused laughter in the meeting)

The lulz speculation could so easily go on!
  31. Random guy Member

LOL! Not obviously sneaky at all!