Customize

Post-Jan Eastgate Raid!!

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by skeptic2girl, Jun 27, 2011.

1. skeptic2girl Member

some photos from the event are on:
    http://chanologysf.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=2slusw9vf03jo

Also included are some "demotivational" posters, et al. that I've been printing up and creating into collages for this:

http://api.ning.com/files/dpf4EB1LG...W*tDkfNjw7wK0gAunP/8.jpg?width=200&height=160

The original idea was to plant it right next to the much crappier sidewalk sign that the cult puts out by the front door, pimping the Dianetics film and inviting passersby to a free showing.

But we just end up putting the sign next to their side door, where we camp out. :)
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. hushpuppy Member

Awesome presence ***AND great pics FTW***!

Spectactular!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. skeptic2girl Member

happy to say we succeeded in a full-on raid this time, without getting shut down by the police. in fact, we were sort of insulted by their lack of interest in our escapades. Goofy mustered up all necessary chutzpah and energy in anticipation of meeting up with another What-Are-You-New?-Unripe-Angry policeman but this time the cops, whom we assumed received the automatic summons from the SF staff, simply walked into the cult and left shortly thereafter without any drama except - apparently - a rousing, supportive chorus by SF Chanology of, "SFPD! SFPD!" (They Stand Tall!)

My theory is that the cops were called and they asked the staff, Why is it you called, exactly? And the staff said The terrorists are out there and they're... and the cops interrupted, "Exercising their right to free speech?" and the Scilons said, no! They're, hold on a sec, I know they're up to 'something'...

only to realize there was no "chalk art," the music was turned off, there was no sidewalk-blockage to speak of (unless you count the invisible but ever-present body thetans), and there was no evidence whatsover of their favorite complaint - that we tend to stand on the street instead of the sidewalk! (Again, why they seem to not want us to get run over is beyond me!)

FAIL.

As it turns out, Jan Eastgate is still looking the other way when it comes to certain activities, as one of our most demonstrative frenz was making love to the org and no one said boo about it. I unintentionally interrupted, as I mistook the activity for dancing. What can I say? I've just never seen anyone f*** a building before.

some highlights:

*signpost came through with his as-usual very apt, portable, lightweight, highly-readable, durable (no, you CANNOT ask for anything more! :;) signs... including one someone propped up in the windowpane:

http://api.ning.com/files/fMSdstJ6v...r4lVz2U*03V35BrQjB/7.jpg?width=200&height=160

so that:

http://api.ning.com/files/YQW*fkk*A...neKIki23BhJvZdgmpq/5.jpg?width=200&height=160

But my personal favorite signpost sign is this one:

http://api.ning.com/files/S0m4sIKDA...ZJtb4Lf0YngnQeiFA/21.jpg?width=200&height=160

*Civ took a break from his Santa Rosa protesting (though his streak remains unbroken!) to schlep down to SF and join in the fun! The tireless SquirrelBait was actually - understandably! - but anachronistically too tired to come :(

*Moar Xenu represented, roaring in on his cyke

*My fave anons from Santa Cruz were there, too! Though I didn't get a snap of Luna (!) there is one of Tulu holding the signpost, "It's a Beautiful Day!" sign (Bono was right)

*adhocrat brought communal copies of "My Billion-Year Contract," "Abuse at the Top," and "Inside Scientology" that we are passing around in a super-informal SF Chanology book club...

I noticed a gap in the window curtains at some point and simultaneously a Scilon yak yak yaking to someone right in my line of sight. So I pressed up the "Inside Scientology" tome to the window, hoping she would see it. Apparently, she did, because eventually she crossed the way so her back was to me. I couldn't help but think that they're cheap-ass curtains just couldn't close anymore.

Even after she turned around, I was able to prop the book up in case she wanted to jot down the author and title...

*for some reason, they always leave the curtains of the Room-of-Ultimate-Fail open... which seems to be the "office" meant for Jabba the Hub when he comes back to Planet Earth after completing his "studies" on another planet (no, really)

*moog's tunes... AWESOME as usual

*I got to meet L'il Terror for the first time! She's the cutest! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture... I was still pouting about the batteries being dead on my "main" camera and didn't think until too late that photos taken with my cell were better than nothing...

*you-don't-eat-this-in-Sea-Org pizza and cupcaeks (aka raep caeks aka anti-raep asterik cakes, since the Jan Eastgate scandal is not about rape but even though the phrase "raep caeks" is pretty phugging offensive, it's somehow better than molestation caeks: hence, the *asterik*)

*headed off another potential der Booben Grabber (Christine Craft's original term for Arnold Schwarznegger) through my OT powers and got the hell out of there before things started to truly get weird

*had 2 Kiwis similarly insist that I take off my mask ("it's creepy") and since I wanted to talk to them I took off that mask only cause underneath I have my emergency back-up sparkle mask.

Luckily, moog had printed up some awesome handouts. When I began to explain to them about Lisa McPherson and Sea Org, et al I realized I sounded like I was an insane person making stuff up which reminded me of how bad this cult really is.

One question they kept lobbying my way and which we got in Santa Rosa a lot earlier in the day was "Why Scientology?" These two New Zealanders kept pointing out that a lot of bad shit goes down in the world and lots of religions are phugged up, etc. etc. I told them the Cliff's Notes version of my own story, which is Why I Protest, but when people get really almost angry at us for protesting it doesn't really matter what we say.

Later, I think I offended moog by conveying their Do You Know Where We Can Find a Blues Club question to him.

That's more than you wanted to know, so I'll sign off for now...

proudpts
    • Like Like x 10
  5. adhocrat Member

We had lots of great dancers, great horn love, plenty of opportunities to talk to people, and lots of passers by who knew a lot about scientology's nonsense already, and at least three who joined in the dancing.

I had an awesome chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting.

At 9 oclock Goofy said all the scilons were gone, he called it and we had a group shot. Then MOOG and others kept dancing another half hour while Moarxenu and I watched on benevolently as the kids got their jollies.

we went out for supercalifragilistic type food, then off to bed and berth after a fine evening of lulz.

Watch the video with a glass of fine wine or cheap beer, it don't matter no how no way anyhoo...
    • Like Like x 8
  6. i'mglib Member

I love WATCH YOUR WALLET IT'S SCIENTOLOGY. But do I need another sign? Probably not, but that's a really good one.

Not to mention SCIENTOLOGY WHEN YOU WANT SOME CRAZY WITH YOUR EVIL.

You guys are awesome.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. adhocrat Member

When Sign Post was mulling over options for the signs, I was a bit leery of Sh*t Heap of Fail sign, but it has gotten a lot of comments and laughs, and one couple asked Civil to pose with it.

EDIT: I love protesting with the Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz and San Francisco fags.
    They. Know. How.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. skeptic2girl Member

That was AWESOME, adhocrat! thank you SO much for filming. it really was a great time...

PtS: yes, yes, we ALL noticed how you kept the camera trained on hot lady and her sig fade into the sunset and that *somehow* it didn't get edited out! ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Well done - if the press wont tell people about Jan Eastgate, Anonymous will.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. pooks Member

Scientology a Shit Heap of Fail.

Got to luv it!
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. MOOG Member

BORED COPS and MY NEW BOYFRIEND: 2QJcf.jpg 9PbVK.jpg jzicx.jpg pt8O0.jpg LovvW.jpg ojTNk.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Anonymous Member

I guys. Who sucks for not telling me? :(
  14. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exponential Member

A shit heap of love to all you fags. SC anons had great lulz. The LRH bookstore feels more like Club Xenu evrey raid. Someone mentioned bringing lights ? And a building raep lovetrain is in our future... it is decideldly so
    Pts ur Raep Cakes are nomnom! pizza postgame was warm friendly faggy fun. We gain much wisdom from each of you oldfags each time.
    Excellent Reitman book is excellent. Moog, we'll get your new boyfriend will dance with us one day. But I dont believe he knows how to use that cellphone.. EPIC FAIL
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Exponential Member

Also, nice vid. Ty fur shooting. 'demotivational' poster are win
    Freedom x3 Oi!
    • Like Like x 3
  17. BLiP Member

booteefull, just booteefull - fanks
    • Like Like x 2
  18. RightOn Member

wow fab signage, energy and looked a loonnnng day
    you guise are sexy
    love the horn love and the people who danced "down the line" like soul train. lol
    • Like Like x 3
  19. moarxenu Member

Relentless raidfagz r relentless. It was scheduled from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. I left at 9:30 pm, and they were still ravin'. No idea when they quit.

Two cool things-

When I approached the raid I had my GF mask hiked up on top of my head, and passed by three guys in tuxes standing outside a restaurant like they were part of a wedding party. One of them gives me thumbs up and says, "Keep it Anonymous!"

Later, one of the raiders told me at his school the cult runs Dianetics ads all the time in the school paper. He clips them out and saves them, and begs his friends to do the same. He collects them and then hands them out as "Scientology toilet paper."
    • Like Like x 3
  20. skeptic2girl Member

eh. you're out of his league...
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

22. skeptic2girl Member

forgot to say:

sort of sad cab driver came out and gave us a fiver, and of course we said We Don't Take $ but he insisted and you could tell he really wanted to do it. "buy yourself a beer" he said :) we used it towards post-raid snack fund.
    at some point, he offered us to get in his cab and take pictures. no thanks. but now that I think of it, maybe he meant that we would get in (no thanks, again) and he would take the picture, like, of us hanging out of the windows like we were the Monkees. but I thought he meant we could take pictures of stuff from the inside of his cab which was baffling and had the aroma of possible kidnapping

ANYWAY thanks random cab guy!! :)
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Bonebreaker Member

You guys are AWESOME!
    • Like Like x 4
  24. skeptic2girl Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. grebe Member

This thread is quite lulzy. Highlights for me: der boobengrabben (never heard that one before), cabbie kidnapper, and moog's boyfriend's cell phone obsession.

Oh and the Eastgate raepcakes.
    • Like Like x 1