Customize

Post-work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oooo000, Feb 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnome Chomsky Member

The industry I work in is constantly in a state of reappraisal we're always looking at methods to improve our processes whether it's being greener, more productive or whatever, you get me on that.

Why not spend the time saving the planet and working on a greener alternative instead of wasting time on R&D on robot technology where the ultimate goal is to have the robots literally work the world.
    It won't end well for us humans.
  2. oooo000 Member

You're right in that it will not end well if those in control are primarily concerned with the extraction of profit. Post-work will not benefit society much unless the economy moves toward post-scarcity in tandem.

If you truly enjoy the work you do, you'd do it without getting paid. Nothing wrong with that unless what you do is harmful to others. In a post-work world you'll be free to work as much as you desire. You just will not be forced to work in order to survive and thrive.

Here, it sure is about saving the planet; it also is about saving everyone and everything on the planet from exploitation. And it's about shifting society from the dysfunctional factory it is now to a space where anyone, no matter what they do, will be able to live life the way they enjoy living it.
  3. Gnome Chomsky Member

It's all a bit pie in the sky and I can't be arsed giving it any more consideration life's too short.
  4. oooo000 Member

Implementing anything new sure is for the few who believe the effort is worthwhile. Here, the effort is not trying to convince anyone who will follow later, but sharing information with those among us who will lead.
  5. oooo000 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.