Customize

Postgame Boston megaraid May 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by LarryBren, May 29, 2010.

1. cherrybomb Member

Re: Postgame Boston megaraid May 2010

Mine are still pretty pasty. Had a great time though! Thanks Boston for having us, it was awesome! <3
  2. Little_Sister Member

I've been waiting for this for months and now everything is over. I don't like it, feels bad man.
  3. Anonymous Member

You're right about taking criticism as needed, but here's where I disagree : the megaraid was not only the raid in front of the org and I found the rest of the weekend to be very high energy. We walked our asses all around boston the next day chanting and screaming and getting the attention of many many a passerby. We also buzzed the org which was awesome.

Not to mention the island day, which was simply amazing.

I'm going to assume you're one of the new york faggots who shitted everything up on the first day helping to kill an already somewhat subdued raid with your constant bawwing. What you (those, whatever) faggots weren't keeping in mind was how much work people put in to this. If you just shit all over people without being at least somewhat polite in your criticism nobody is going to give a shit about what you say. It also serves to de-motivate people and in general reduce the possibilities for lulz.

Boston Anon had no control over the cops being dickheads, but the New York dickheads should have control over themselves.

I had an amazing time at the megaraid, and I met a shitload of anons I hadn't encountered before. That's for me the main purpose of a megaraid, as it will serve to make organizing global operations all the easier.
  4. RightOn Member

wow it must have been very freeing for Nancy to speak there, after selling books in the same area when she was in.

I enjoyed all the speakers. Thanks for posting.
    Looking good Larry too!!!
  5. Sol Mann Member

Not to mention how many of her books were handed out for free downtown on Sunday afternoon. It was awesome.
  6. RightOn Member

oh wow that is very awesome
  7. x-calibur Member

I was there. Decent turnout, and there were masks and signs. But there was no chanting! Overall it wasn't anywhere near the level of energy and activity that I'm used to in nyc. You should definitely see about a permit that gives you more room to maneuver, as my city has always done. Because otherwise, milling around on the street corners is not enough activity for a protest. I'm trying to be fair and honest.

It was cool to see new people and people I haven't seen for awhile.

I can't speak on the rest of Bostons weekend since I couldn't be there, although my weekend was dope.
  8. 3rdMan Member

Now that i got a descent amount of sleep...

1st raid was without musics and chanting (dear Boston police, wtf?). It included loud angry cop bitching about the presence of cameras. Anons prevailed regardless and got plenty of honks.

Had the pleasure of eating with Gregg, Sparrow and his friend, Pooks, Larry Bren, an older ex whom I forgot the name of, and Nancy Many. Nancy gave a signed copy of her book to a waitress who came up to us expressing her gratitude for protesting against Scientology (awesome). Got a free "Volunteer SP" t-shirt from Larry Bren (you da man, Larry).

2nd part was epic. Dragonforce air-guitar action commenced after speeches from Larry, Nancy and Steven Hassan (HAHAHA! Psychfags strike back Scifags!). Then we took out big balls and hit each other with them.

DC fags separated from the party and did some sight-seeing.

Great times were had and special thanks to Boston-fags for hosting an awesome megaraid.
  9. Anonymous Member

I agree with you except for this. Boston Anonymous claim they have been planning and organizing for months. I know this to be true, personally. However, I also know that nobody bothered to contact the police and inform them that there will be a raid until literally the day before the protest.

Kudos for organizing a fun social event, but you guys fail at organizing anything resembling a raid against scientology.
  10. XenuPhobic Member

[IMG]

LOL is this a scilon or just some creepy dude?
  11. lostatsea Member

Paul Bradford--Boston Scilon, and Director of Special Affairs (at least I think that's his proper title). :)
  12. Anonymous Member

That's not Paul Bradford at all... unless he aged about 20 years since last year
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Sethdood Member

Personally (and I know others share this opinion) the gripe was not with how the protest was planned. I'm a big fan of BWG and the effort that she and the other organizers put into this, and I recognize that all they could do was give us a stage. Yes, the cops were HUGE dicks who didn't wanna be there and didn't want us there either. The problem was much more the other "anons" complaining to us every time we behaved like anons. It was very much a shock to be informed that calling the two old scientologists in the front boyfriends, and coaching them through the courting processes, was bad for anonymous's image. The sign with the word "dick" on it, seen by the cops multiple times with no request for removal, or even a dirty look, bothered the other protesters much more then it bothered the scientologists. Dirty looks for calling a female scilon body router fat. People are still worrying about OUR image?! We're anons, or are supposed to be, and if we had the image of any other protest movement we wouldn't be very interesting. Also, we have no will to suck the dicks of scientologists until they switch to our side, or suck the dicks of the cops until they let us chant, or suck the dicks of other cells till they're okay with being anons. If you wanna have a regular anti-scientology protest except with a few Gf masks, don't call it a raid and don't call yourself an anon, it's fine that way and you don't need to drag actual anons into it. I didn't have a full understanding why /b/ turned on chanology so quickly, why chanologists are always considered newfags and cancer, and why oldfags constantly ask me wtf I'm doing with you people. So I think that the whole NYC cell finally got the answer there, and it was very disheartening.

Also, we didn't leave in a huff, we waited till the permits were up and everyone had to go and said goodbye to who we knew, just like every other group there.
  15. Anonymous Member

O rly? Proof?
  16. JohnnyRUClear Member

That Nancy Many speech should be shown to any gummint official considering any investigation of anything within the cult -- especially part 2. Protip: gummint rAIDS won't do any good if the damn cult knows about them in advance.
  17. Anonymous Member

This is probably going to hurt some butts, but you could kind of see the trouble with the police coming a ways off. The planning thread was saying things like not to stand on the corner in front of the church because "the police don't like it" and not to say anything to people entering the building. (Free speech wtf?)

This is not to blame Boston for the way the police behaved, and I totally understand with their situation, having dealt in my own cell with cops who like to make shit up on the fly. That said, there seemed to be a pretty clear precedent in Boston for just rolling with whatever they say rather than what the laws actually are, so in light of that slippery slope going on, I'm not sure why people were surprised at the lack of civil rights.

Dude. You aren't from Boston. They're the ones who might have had to deal with any potential, long-term fallout from excessive douchebaggery when the police were already in a tizzy. Don't take a shit on someone else's lawn and act confused when they get upset.

Really? There are going to be people driving hundreds of miles to protest at each others' orgs all the time now? Or there will be internet projects that couldn't have been completed without meeting in person first? C'mon now.

I'm glad you had a fun and generally successful time and everything, but this smacks of being a little to eager to grasp at straws and shout EPIC WIN.
  18. Anonymous Member

Whooosshhh.... oh look at that, it was the point
  19. Crucifuckwad Member

i was bored to tears at the boston "raid" and definitely won't come again. hard to believe that nobody bothered to get a noise permit, consult with the police, or consider alternative location in the event that noise was truly prohibited in every case. poor planning imo

and its sad that after a single warning we all just quietly milled around for how many hours like obedient children instead of doing...ANYTHING. I think everybody was just really shocked and demoralized.

NYC anons were dicks, and not in a funny way, more in an elitist way that pissed everybody off. at one point i saw an anon trying to organize a chant get completely shut down by a NYC cool guy who just looked at him and said "no." and then turned back around to continue playing grab ass with his bros :cool:

zombie march was one of the coolest things i've ever witnessed, cop playing "thriller" through his police-car megaphone contrasted sharply with the angry cops at the org.

the follow-up event at the park was fun, despite the worst music evar. i don't think I'm alone in thinking that completely obscure (home-made?) night-club trance/dance tracks aren't the most appropriate playlist choices for mask-clad faggots from the internet playing dodgeball (in the sun). play something we can sing along to and dance to and get excited about. play something that trolls passerbys. ffs.
  20. MeganonOT8 Member

129143689174546053.jpg
  21. Anonymous Member

Wait. I'm confused. You said there was no noise permit, and you got a warning for yelling and then someone tried to do it anyway? Why did it make a difference that they stopped if they were going to going to get told to stfu by the popos anyway?

also last I remember nyc isn't in charge of all of anonymous. Or were there really that many more nycers that day than the rest of the cells?

blame game is lame. Scientology is our enemy, not each other.
  22. JohnnyRUClear Member

KEEP FIGHTING

I FEED ON YOUR ANGERRRR
  23. Anonymous Member

I'm sure that for now you can live on the tears of Scientologists.
  24. Anonymous Member

threadlikewheregoing753.jpg
  25. Anonymous Member

What a bunch of spoiled brats ITT. Grow the fuck up.

I wasn't able to attend, but kudos to Boston for planning this event. It's not an easy task.
  26. Anonymous Member

you know whats the most lulzy thing about NYC claiming to be the ONLY real anonymous cell left or whatever the fuck? the fact that they are the ONLY cell (as far as i know) that has to show their face...making them literaly not anonymous at all. lolfail
  27. Re: Postgame Boston megaraid May 2010

Wow. Just wow.

I'd make some sort of comment here, but I think I've been repeating the sentiment since 08.

I had fun and I'm all that matters to me. The rest of you can climb a wall of dicks, etc etc.
  28. N.A.T.E Member

Huh?
  29. Anonymous Member

ALL OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP. NOBODY CARES IF YOU WEREN'T ALLOWED TO YELL LOL CULT LIKE A BUNCH OF MENTAL DEFECTIVES. ALL THAT MATTERS IS PICTURES OF BWG AND LITTLE SISTER. EVERYONE ELSE CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF. I HATE YOU ALL SO FUCKING MUCH AND I HOPE YOU ALL CHOKE AND DIE!!!! FUCK!
  30. Cheshirecat Member

EXACTLY.
    ITT: bawww bawww bawww the world doesnt revolve around me and what I want to do.

On topic had a good time, and it was great to see the the people that showed up. :)
  31. x-calibur Member

Yes, NYC has strict mask laws. But what is the big deal about that? You can show your face and still keep your identity hidden. Besides, I don't remember any nyc anons saying that our cell is the ONLY real one.. although it is true that we've stayed active and consistent for over 2 years and have gotten alot done.

:-( FRUMP

Anyway, I maintain my stance that protests should be more active and loud, and not just hanging around on street corners. You should definitely see about permits.
  32. PodPeople Member

My husband just pointed out something that made me lol.

The good news about the bawwwwing in this thread: Boston staff are probably bawwwing about the NY Anons. Caek, anyone?
  33. 3rdMan Member

Cruci forgot to specify it was going to be a creepy monotone chant. So no yelling would have been involved.
  34. Anonymous Member

Fixed. You're welcome.
  35. Sethdood Member

I don't believe you. When, what was the chant, who stopped it? Why would we do that? We hated how quiet it was. At the beginning we were quiet like everyone else, and talking to other anons just like everyone else. We got restless because of the reasons I mentioned before, but stayed till the end of the protest just like everyone else anyway. When we had a complaint, we didn't take it out on your people, we mostly talked it out amongst ourselves. Look, we pride ourselves on being huge motherfuckers to scientologists, both the actual brain dead people in the cult and to the cult itself, but we weren't over there trying to step on toes. So suck a butt.
  36. Sethdood Member

First of all where'd you hear that from? And more importantly, LOL it takes a lot more then a fuckin gf mask to be an anon, fuck-o. Also, we're not the only city with mask laws. Go grow a smartness!
  37. JohnnyRUClear Member

tone != volume

ride that short bus, helmetboy
  38. tippytoe Member

I can now see how the Yankees / Red Sox rivalry got started. ;)
  39. Anonymous Member

Monotone = single unvaried tone. No need to bring volume up here, unless you wanna talk shampoo.

You want some of that, shampoo boy? Huh? How do you feel about conditioner? Hows your water, huh? Huh, huh?
  40. 3rdMan Member

LOL. Johnny cut down on the liquor kid or share the sauce man.

Oh yeah and thanks to Anons who brought the e-meters. Until the raid I never once saw those pieces of junk in person.