Customize

Press Release: Big List of Exes > 1000

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by AnonLover, Apr 22, 2010.

1. fisherman Member

Re: Press Release: Big List of Exes > 1000

AnonLover,

You did a fine job! ;)

Kudos to JohnnyRUclear and everyone else who contributed!

fisherman
  2. rof Member

Open up a huge can of glad-handy back-slapping!

Everyone likes each other so much and did such a good job they should get a lollipop and show it off.

[IMG]
  3. rof Member

4. RightOn Member

morning all.
    do we have the FINAL press release ready and is it corrected and ready to go???

And special thanks once again to JohnnyRUClear for writing the press release, and also to TinyDancer, AnonMom and Anon Lover Wrong Guy and others for all their help in getting this release off the ground!!!

Is this all done???? I don't want to get into people tweaking this again for days.
    Gregg needs it today.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

List Of 1,000 Former Church OF Scientology Members Publicly Speak Out Against The Church

Over 1,000 former members of the Church of Scientology have spoken out publicly against the so-called church, according to a list researched and compiled by Anonymous over the last year and announced on April 11th 2010.

The individuals on the list have spoken out under their real names against the abuses seen and experienced within the so-called church despite being subjected to Scientology's "Fair Game" policy, which gives members permission to destroy its critics. Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely due to this policy.

The stories told by these ex-members are similar to the revelations made recently by former members speaking out against Scientology in highly-visible stories in the New York Times, the St. Petersburg Times, and most recently, in a five-part series on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. According to the Church of Scientology, these former members are "liars" and "apostates" with an agenda to destroy the church. Anonymous wonders whether Scientology will also call all 1,000 of these former members liars.

The list, which continues to grow daily, contains many names of individuals who no longer practice Scientology at all as well as many others who do. What they have in common is that each of them has decided to step forward and tell the world what happened during their time within organized Scientology. While their backgrounds vary widely, their stories are similar and many themes run throughout: rigid control of information, enforced disconnection from loved ones who are critical of the group, zealous campaigns to squeeze money from members, physical and emotional abuse of children and adults, slave labor camps designed to reinforce indoctrination, and many other disturbing practices. The problem is not limited to any particular country. Their compelling stories emerge from numerous countries all around the world spanning decades.

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of a 1,000-strong list of human voices no longer silenced, and never again alone. You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out. Documentation is provided for each name included in the list.

All remaining victims or observers of abuse within organized Scientology are invited to speak out and add their names and their messages.

We hope that the courage shown by those named on this list empowers more people to come forward with their stories of abuse, and ultimately prevents such abuses from ever taking place again.

Since February 2008, Anonymous has protested the crimes and abuses of the "Church of Scientology" and its many front groups. These protests, as well as public awareness efforts like the Big List, will continue.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.
  5. RightOn Member

Grammar nazis....

Is this part of the sentence correct?

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of a 1,000-strong.
    or should it be:
    Publication of 1,000 strong
  6. Anonymous Member

Is this final? I can haz viral nao?
  7. Anonymous Member

I think it should be Publication of 1000
  8. mirror neuron Member

I bolded some small grammatical changes and proposed a solution to the 1000 strong problem. Hope this helps. Also inserted explanations in brackets at the end of paragraphs.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

List Of 1,000 Former Church OF Scientology Members Publicly Speak Out Against The Church

Over 1,000 former members of the Church of Scientology have spoken out publicly against the so-called church, according to a list researched and compiled by Anonymous over the last year and announced on April 11th 2010.

The individuals on the list have spoken out under their real names against the abuses seen and experienced within the so-called church despite being subjected to Scientology's "Fair Game" policy, which gives members permission to destroy its critics. Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely because of this policy. ["due to" requires a noun immediately preceding it]

The stories told by these ex-members are similar to the revelations made recently by former members speaking out against Scientology in highly visible stories in the New York Times, the St. Petersburg Times, and most recently, in a five-part series on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. According to the Church of Scientology, these former members are "liars" and "apostates" with an agenda to destroy the church. Anonymous wonders whether Scientology will also call all 1,000 of these former members liars. [this kind of compound adjective preceding a noun is not hyphenated]

The list, which continues to grow daily, contains many names of individuals who no longer practice Scientology at all as well as many others who do. What they have in common is that each of them has decided to step forward and tell the world what happened during their time within organized Scientology. While their backgrounds vary widely, their stories are similar and many themes run throughout: rigid control of information, enforced disconnection from loved ones who are critical of the group, zealous campaigns to squeeze money from members, physical and emotional abuse of children and adults, slave labor camps designed to reinforce indoctrination, and many other disturbing practices. The problem is not limited to any particular country. Their compelling stories emerge from numerous countries all around the world spanning decades.

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of a thousand-strong list of human voices no longer silenced, and never again alone. You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out. Documentation is provided for each name included in the list. [1000 strong issue. Might want to spell the numeral elsewhere as well for consistency.]

All remaining victims or observers of abuse within organized Scientology are invited to speak out and add their names and their messages.

We hope that the courage shown by those named on this list empowers more people to come forward with their stories of abuse, and ultimately prevents such abuses from ever taking place again.

Since February 2008, Anonymous has protested the crimes and abuses of the "Church of Scientology" and its many front groups. These protests, as well as public awareness efforts like the Big List, will continue.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.[/QUOTE]
  9. RightOn Member

[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much Mirror!!!!
    this looks really good to me,
    and if everyone is in agreement
    I will send it to Gregg.
    I will give it a couple of more hours and then send it over and let's put this puppy to bed.
  10. AnonLover Member

those last couple tweaks look good to me as well... if can we get a clean version reposted without the bracket notations & extra bolding, i'll give it one more good proofread.
  11. RightOn Member

HOW IS THIS????

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

List of 1,000 Former Church of Scientology Members Publicly Speak Out Against The Church

The individuals on the list have spoken out under their real names against the abuses seen and experienced within the so-called church despite being subjected to Scientology's "Fair Game" policy, which gives members permission to destroy its critics. Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely because of this policy.

The stories told by these ex-members are similar to the revelations made recently by former members speaking out against Scientology in highly visible stories in the New York Times, the St. Petersburg Times, and most recently, in a five-part series on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. According to the Church of Scientology, these former members are "liars" and "apostates" with an agenda to destroy the church. Anonymous wonders whether Scientology will also call all 1,000 of these former members liars.

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of a thousand-strong list of human voices no longer silenced, and never again alone. You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out. Documentation is provided for each name included in the list.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.
  12. amaX Member

13. RightOn Member

IMO, I think it is fine the way it is.
    Let's not start another tweak fest. It will get too tl/dr and confusing to the average reader.
    Plus it will further delay this.
  14. AnonLover Member

read last version outloud & ran it thru grammar checking. it all seems good to me except for capitalization on the word "of" in title...

aside from this nit - i think its done
  15. RightOn Member

okey doke will fix
    DONE
    Well???
    Is it soup yet???
    I want to send it to Gregg nao

if so, just answer SOUP!
  16. AnonLover Member

SOUP!

screw the celeb angle.... that gets beat up ad maseum by press without any help from us. and the probs with this cult go far FAR beyond the celeb oddity dirt.
  17. RightOn Member

ok!! I am sending it over.
    CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!
  18. AnonLover Member

OP nao updated with final version
  19. RightOn Member

Ok it is sent!
    THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED TO "RAMROD" THIS PRESS RELEASE THROUGH!

And thanks once again to JohnnyRUClear for writing it. Thanks to all grammar nazis, tweakers and everyone else!

Waiting for epic justice!!!!

Once it finally goes out, it is suppossed to get put on the Wiki.
  20. sheeple Member

[/QUOTE]

Late to the ball, but...

You're saying that the list is doing all the talking, not the exes.

How about:
    List of 1,000 Former Church of Scientology Members who have Spoken out Publically Against the Church.

Great work!
  21. RightOn Member

<3
    and to all others
  22. Anonymous Member

Late to the ball, but...

You're saying that the list is doing all the talking, not the exes.

How about:
    List of 1,000 Former Church of Scientology Members who have Spoken out Publically Against the Church.

Great work![/QUOTE]

Just a technicality, the meaning is clear anyways.

Fantastic work
  23. RightOn Member

I JUST sent it, I guess it will have to be ok the way it was sent
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: Press Release: Big List of Exes &gt; 1000

I'd have left that out, purely in the interest of keeping things simple. Oh well.

I guess so. ;-)

And thanks again to [SIZE=&quot;7&quot;]JohnnyRUClear[/SIZE] for creating this awesome press release and being generally awesome.

awesome.jpg
  25. RightOn Member

Re: Press Release: Big List of Exes &gt; 1000

Check post #44 and #59
  26. amaX Member

BOOOOOOOOOYAH!

Doing another happy dance! <3
  27. Anonymous Member

Well how the FUCK was this reverted from:
    :mad:
  28. Re: Press Release: Big List of Exes > 1000

Big List = Awesome
    Press Release of Big List = Awesome
    JohnnyRUClear = Awesome
    Anonymous = Awesome
    You = Awesome
    Me = Awesome
    All God's Chillun = Awesome
    Srsly, Awesome!
  29. WagTheWog Member

Do you guise have a ling to the final press release?

1- I like how the Russian censorship press release has a link to the wiki with additional supporting links to help the lazy press. For this PR, this method could be a way to add the celeb angle that was called for earlier ITT, and any additional info.

2- A wiki-ling would also provide for small, last minute fixes if necessary.

3- Yes, I know the press release has already gone out (yes?). So, I guess I'm thinking for the future (that is unless it can be done before the LEADER OF ANONYMOUS sends it out).

4- Plus a ling is always nice when playing on the inter-web-o-tubes.
  30. RightOn Member

The press release was PM'ed to Gregg early this afternoon, I don't know if it is "live" yet
  31. rof Member

32. whosit Member

Silly question. What news worthy event are you tying this too?
  33. RightOn Member

Hey morning';
    what's going on guise?
    to whosit I just wanted to know if the press release went out or not last night??
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

I guess my sarcasm font didn't show up on your screen. :rolleyes:

Explanation: I wrote up a draft for a press release, but that ain't nothin'. Lately I got kind of sheepish about how this thread was starting to look like a me-fest, so decided to overplay it for dramatic effect. Evidently my funny was not so much so.

Maybe I should stick to writing press releases. :-D
  35. pedrofcuk Member

oh love!
  36. RightOn Member

meh, I figured as much Johnny, I just didn't want you to think I forgot about yah!
    <3

I don't know if the press release went out or not last night?
    Have not heard or read a peep anywhere
  37. Ann O'Nymous Member

Having read the 718.55 versions of the press release mentioned in this thread and made a systematic pairewise comparison of their content, I would be happy if a working procedure, slightly less confusing, was defined.

Having said that, nice job.
  38. RightOn Member

still don't know if it went out or not :(
  39. RightOn Member

Is there anyone that can help get this press release out?
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but
    The list hit 1000 on April 11th, it is now the 26th.
    The press release was PM'ed to Gregg on the 23rd, and also a week before that.

HAAAAAAAALLLLLPPPP!

This would be a very nice b-day gift for Miscavige. Don't you agree????
  40. Random guy Member

C'mon you press-realesfaggs, give RightOn a helping hand here. Is the release gone out or not? This list is a potent arguments against one of their favourite lies, if anyone can help or has helped, fess up!