Customize

Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by j0eg0d, Jan 8, 2009.

1. j0eg0d Member

Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

The only people expecting us to present a press release is the Scions. We know they want us to say something, yet I don't want to give them anything they can "spin".

In reading what's already available; I don't agree with the long winded evidence pointing out Scientology crimes & policies. Because readers assume what we'll say anyway and read past it - Instead, keep it brief, keep it simple, maybe DO THE UNEXPECTED or just don't bother.

MEDIA INFLUENCES SUPPORT; More people will join our side when they recognize there's a line dividing the Scions that are currently defending their hatred of mental illnesses & psychiatrists and the protesters that support Jett Travolta and other cases of autism.

Hell - Make a press release stating that our next protest is honor of Jett Travolta.

Carry images of Jett at the rallies, make him our poster child, let Jett Travolta define our cause and let the audience recognize that we care about what happened to him, others and the victims to come if Scientology continues.
  2. mrfyde Member

Re: Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

It will be misunderstood by some. And since jett is in the news it would not even have to be mentioned.

But as always each person should decide for themselves.
  3. Re: Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

expect jett shoops on poster board for the lulz
  4. Anon1720 Member

Do not want.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

Another press release is discussed elsewhere. Lurk moar.
  6. j0eg0d Member

morluk
  7. anongurl7 Member

Shut the fuck up im sick of shouting "Xenu" and "body-thetans lol" we're going for the jugular and it will be TL;DIDr! We are too close to fuck this up and backtrack our approach!
  8. not shure Member

nothing about Jett yet.

Let the general public handles this, let the cult defend it self and give them nothing to attack us on.

Let the foot bullets flow
  9. Mutante Member

Fuck no.

Do a Jett memorial protest THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.
  10. Re: Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

No way, this will just appear bizarre and distasteful. Doing something unexpected might have benefits sometimes, but not if it means doing something illogical and footbullety
  11. Re: Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

FUCKING HELL NO!
  12. j0eg0d Member

So I'll just put a little "X" in the NO box ?
  13. anon131 Member

No.

However, pimping whyaretheydead.net is related, but not as disrespectful. I'd avoid mentioning Jett directly.

But again, to each their own.
  14. PAnonA Member

Agreed with the naysayers. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to do something like this.
  15. BTANONNYC Member

no, not in our style at least.

if talking to people, bring him up in the most respectful way you can if necessary, but be REALLY REALLY careful with it.
  16. ARC Member

How about this:
    Don't bring him up at all. They will ask YOU, and then it's good to have the facts ready (see the op-ed suggestion http://forums.whyweprotest.net/298-jett-travolta/poll-use-op-ed-letter-press-release-35811/ and more importantly the links), but also an attitude of sympathy and still waiting for more information.
  17. abattoir13 Member

Bring up the why are they dead cite more in raids allmost as a topic for the raid would be alot more tasefull.Better point to add is do not have Jetts image let them ask you and give the cite for the dead and simply be considerate to the fact that Jetts loss is current,he was a kid and the parents were loving and caring to him dispite the fact that the cults beliefs 99.999% is at fault for the passing of him (Jett). Plus educate people the diff between kawasakis vs. autism,that the symtoms are completely different (mid you if someone asks about our two cents about poor Jett). I think that would be a better call of action for protest,not to make just Jett a headline,however all of the people that the cult killed.
  18. A.Non Hubbard Member

I agree with this post.

We already have Lisa, Isaac and Uwe to talk about. Those are three cases of tech likely or obviously playing a role in a person's death. Everyone you talk to will fill in the blanks with Jett's case.

I wouldn't mention Jett at all unless someone you're talking to brings it up, and approach it with utmost sensitivity.
  19. kremmy Member

Way, way too soon. Like others have said, maybe next year but next month? No way.
  20. subgenius Member

JETT
    DIDN'T
    HAVE
    TO
    DIE
  21. Yoni Alter Member

I would stay away from mentioning Jett at the next protest. The most I would do would be a sign that says "Scientology Believes Autism Doesn't Exist" or something like that.
  22. Think.

I agree...deeply. This is a precarious situation. Everyone is all amped up about this. Our signs should NOT have Jett's name. Focus on medical malpractice, and other Scientology abuses. It's one thing to capitalize on Tom Cruise's blatant insanity, it's quite another to capitalize on the death of a young boy. Stay focused on the root problem, not on the person.
  23. Skeptic1337 Member

If you changed it to EBG or ESG I'd be all for it.
  24. rof Member

Just bring a bathtub and take turns knocking yourselves out.

They'll get it eventually.
  25. subgenius Member

they already cremated him....don't think its too soon....if done correctly
  26. Re: Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

ARE YOU KIDDING? Enough time has passed in YOUR mind because they've ALREADY creamated him? What, did you think they would just cart his body around till they recovered from his passing? The fact that he's been creamated has NOTHING to do with whether it's too soon. The average person takes a full year or more to recover from the death of a close family member. Maybe, stop thinking about yourself and what you consider to be enough time, and start thinking about other people.
  27. Sefus Member

DO NOT EVER WANT
  28. eddieVroom Member

The text of the press release proposed earlier might make a good flyer -- but I'm not in favor of this proposal. As I see it, the "window" for an effective press release was lost two days ago and was optimal five days ago.
  29. Etain Member

Hmm, lesse....

NO.

Bad idea is BAD. It's WAY TOO soon and would be the epitome of tasteless. It will look like we're capitalizing on his death.
  30. Hurley Member

next protest? I had a Jett sign at todays..

too soon?
    baww
  31. cubby Member

^i got a good pic of that, will upload tomorrow
  32. SwordSworn Member

The STL Anons brought it up and people were receptive though on the large scale the moralfags probly are right and Scientology could accidently shoot our foot.
  33. subgenius Member

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    from someone who is doin' it.....not talking about it or criticizing those that are doin' it.....
    Don't want to do it? Don't.
  34. subgenius Member

If a parent kills a child no one should wait a year to do something. I'm not thinking of myself, I'm thinking of the next one that might die. Who is it that you think I should be thinking of?
    Being cremated so fucking quickly does have something to do with this. "Dispose of them quietly and without sorrow."
    Your opinions have been thoughtfully considered.
  35. Re: Press Release: "Next Protest In Honor Of Jett Travolta"

Some customs dictate that people who pass are buried or creamated within four or five days. HOWEVER, many customs (Native American for example) dictate that the person who passed is buried or creamated within TWENTY FOUR hours. The Jewish custom is to bury loved ones as soon as possible unless the death falls on the sabbath.

I am not trying to argue with you personally, but showing some respect is a good idea. You are reading too much into their decision to creamate him before going home. The travoltas own property in the Bahamas so I imagine it's their second home. Not only that but in Scientology, celebrations of any kind that involve the individual are not promoted as being good. (Unless you are Tome Cruise) I'm talking about Birthdays, Baptisims or naming ceremonies, even funerals.

If you have no respect for the Travolta's, then have some for Jett. We don't even know all the facts yet. I believe their way of life contributed to Jett's death, but I doubt they purposefully set out to kill him. Have you ever been in a cult or a church that is fanatical? I have. I know what it's like to be manipulated into blieving something and then finding that it's totally wrong. And usually the way I figured that out was by doing somethign that negatively affected someone else. I still have faith that John and Kelly might have some kind of revelation about Scientology. Anything is possible.

I, for one, am not yet prepared to condem the Travolta's. I am willing to wait while more information slowly becomes available. I think gathering all the facts before choosing to go down a dead end road is a good idea. This is my last post on this issue. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  36. subgenius Member

Thank you.
    May he rest in peace.
  37. Erra Member

No
  38. cubby Member

ww.jpg.gif
  39. azonymous Member

Done correctly can be about all the things scilons believe that could have caused Jett's death, his name doesn't have to be mentioned, it could be for all the children, etc

If done for a child (children) it must be seen as respectful, maybe even somber.
    Not very lulzy, I know...

Media
    Ridiculous l-ron quotes on everything relevant, especially anything "shocking" and weird about illness, parenting, children
    Details of the Purif
    medications
    touch assist
    as many relevant stats as we have that they don't want out
    code of silence (there's lots more all over the boards)

Pics we have of others from whyaretheydead (that we have permission ,whatev to use)

How about black funeral armbands with something like whyaretheydead on them? (or?)

Focus on how it KILLS, blackmails, ruins families

Co$ wants this to GO AWAY. That means it can't

I really believe there is something big here, and of course anytime a child dies, it is sensitive.

Jett deserves for us to keep this alive. I do believe Co$ is the reason for his death

And I still want to know who the other nanny is?

Who is Eli?
  40. azonymous Member

OT's can save the world
    Why is Jett dead?