Customize

Press Release? y/n?

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by gregg, Jan 3, 2009.

?

Press Release about Jett Travolta and Scientology?

Yes 14 vote(s) 20.6%
No 54 vote(s) 79.4%
  1. gregg Member

Press Release? y/n?

So, does everyone think we should put out a press release? I havent sent a release out on the big list in over 2 months now.

If people want one, start getting one together? (saw one first draft in another thread.)

ps, if it gets done it should contain condolences and reasons why proper treatment wasnt given and sources proving that. Links to the video proof of his autism and other strong links to back up whats said.
  2. Bluebell Member

Re: Press Release? y/n?

there is this Gregg

3. dub Member

No.

This is an issue which we should learn the facts of and use in the long tern. Putting out a presss release now will only look like we're trying to cash in on this young man's death.
  4. AnonLover Member

Yes we need a press release in the near future - but NO it shouldnt be about jett cuz it doesnt directly concern us, just like isaac hayes death didnt concern us nor even epic swords guy for that matter.

what we need to be promoting right about now is the fast approaching you got mail effort
  5. Snake Member

fuck no
  6. Re: Press Release? y/n?

NO NO NO

It is not our job to send out press release offering sympathy and compassion. It is our responsibility to use this tragedy to rub in the faces of Scientololgists who think that being OT means you have magic powers to cure all illnesses and nothing bad ever happens to you so they start questioning, find out the truth, blow, and SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLES.
  7. gregg Member

So far its pretty clear. I actually agree with the no's. I just felt the need to offer it up to the hive. We do need to get something out, its been awhile.
  8. Re: Press Release? y/n?

Wait and see what the autopsy says. Maybe get two or three different drafts ready, including a 'we told you so' draft, a 'they've covered this shit up, and here's how and why' draft, or a combination of both.

It's usually not wise to pre-empt, but we've got a fairly good idea about this situation, and if the autopsy lends weight to our suspicions, then it helps us. It should, at least, confirm or deny this 'kawasaki' thing.

And yeah, if it does turn out that the autopsy criticises a lack of anti-seizure medication, or anything like that, then some kind of 'this is why we protest' statement in the press release might be in order.

I, for one, wouldn't like to see any syrupy condolences or anything like that in the release and it definitely shouldn't be the focus. That would just seem insincere, considering that we would be going on to make accusations against the parents.

Also - if any firm evidence of Kelly Preston's alleged other disabled son could be turned up, and if there actually is, or was, a campaign to hide his existence, then this should be mentioned too.

This might seem like a harsh thing to do to grieving parents, but if the death could have been avoided, fuck it - it might help to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else.
  9. TheBitch Member

Absolutely it is time. Whether or not the death is ever sufficiently revealed to say ANYTHING conclusive or not, the reality is that the boy had a psych problem and it's pretty fucking clear the mother did a Munchausen's By Proxy on him and had him treated and diagnosed for everything BUT what seems to have been wrong with him.

You don't have to be accusatory in order to provide people with information.

Re the above video. It does NOT include necessary info on the connection between seizure meds and psych meds. I've made the videofag aware of the issue, but so far dunno if there's going to be a re-release of this version. That being said, the following video contains the PSA release entire, including a copy of the transcript on the JewTube video and release for distro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnjwP8Y2HRU&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Jett Travolta, Seizures, Psych Meds, and Scientology - A Public Service Message[/ame]

Do with it what you will provided you're not a $cilon. If you are, please be a rich one so I can sue for lots of JewGoldz plox.
  10. Bluebell Member

Maybe something more like a recap of the past year. Like how Anonymous started the campaign againist Scientology a year ago over the TC video etc

About the "Wins", media story, infomation thats been uncovered, sci's quiting etc

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/france-wheels-justice-turning-35034/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-m...ny-scientology-under-observation-again-35092/

John Duignan / The Complex - Why We Protest | Activism Forum

NM Second Chance Narconon - Why We Protest | Activism Forum
  11. JMac85 Member

I agree that we should wait until the autopsies, but have a few drafts at the ready. If it's proven that his death was the result of negligence, to hell with appearing warm and cuddly!
  12. mrfyde Member

I think the press has already heard.

But if a press release involved some information that could be useful when the autopsy results are released then YES.
  13. Anonakitty Member

Wait for autopsy results when we have actual Knowledge instead of speculation.
  14. gregg Member

This is the best idea. Decide when we have more information.
  15. Mutante Member

No.

The press already has the story and anonymous isn't Reuters. If further information comes to light that the press doesn't pick up, like a possible disconnected Preston child with disabilities, or questionable autopsy detail that hints at Scientology-led neglect, or attempted suppression of witness statements, or bad things happening to the nannies, or Scientology interference with medical investigation, etc., then anonymous can step in.

What matters right now is Google searches are taking people to places where they can see information about the Scientology dogma that kills people with serious medical conditions by denying them effective treatment.
  16. Anonakitty Member

yeah , though its hard not to speculate plus with the media going mental already theres enough drama without us adding to it looking like idiots... until the time is right for a press release from us .
  17. terryeo2 Member

I think that if we do a press release this month, that we do one to announce the 1 year anniversary of "dismantling the cult in its present form," and recap the progress that has been made (public awareness, 12 months of continuous protests, giving the ExSciKids and others courage to speak out, Second Chance in NM, exposure of the front groups...damn we did a lot in just one year!)
  18. Ianon Member

If they start shit with how much scientology helped him over his life - attack that.
    Otherwise shit happens - let em greave.

John T's a closet fag anyway (lol hairspray) I'm not firing any shots over his son dieing.
  19. Forseti Member

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
  20. Vir Member

I'm with dub on this one.

OK so this may have more to do with us than the sword guy, but we still have limited info.

21. anyjane Member

Just throwing this out there- it may be a good time to revisit what was known for a little while as the proposed Psyche-Out theme. Not have Jett front and center, but as a mention with others within the message about their plan of getting rid off all options for Psychiatric/Neurological medications and the removal of choice in health care. After the official story comes out.
  22. TheBitch Member

Lemme guess; Delphi grad?
  23. Vir Member

I heard people didn't want to do psych-out because

- Too big a topic to learn about for some anons
    - Psychiatry doesn't have a positive image in the media because almost only the failures get publicity, unlike surgery.
    - Dressing up as nurses and doctors didn't sound like fun to some people
    - Marblecake?

I would have like that theme, but I was didn't follow its development or why exactly it was rejected.

New York and Germany have shown that dressing up as doctors and nurses does produce lulz. Think of it as protesting against a KKK convention in blackface.
  24. anyjane Member

I think all of the above.

But right now it seems kind of relevant - but only if real info that can be worked with comes out if Jett Travolta's image is used in conjunction.
  25. Skeptic1337 Member

I'm voting no. I wont get into why No suffice it to say it's emphatic.
  26. muldrake Member

Seems to be premature for a press release. No for now, but there may be good cause for it later. It should obviously be discussed in the meantime. Also, there's nothing wrong at all with people individually doing videos and other work.
  27. Optimisticate Member

No for me.

Moralfag vote.
  28. nonnonanon Member

No to content-free press releases. There's nothing substantial to say unless something incredibly significant is discovered. The press is currently making all the relevant connections. If the videos were worth doing at all, it was a) as moralfag camouflage and b) to PA Travolta obsessives more likely to click around YT than read raw press releases.
  29. iaxiloll Member

Nein !!! too soon
  30. Grunce Member

Agreed. For those who disagree, I would ask you to think about what kind of reaction Scientology gets every time there's a school shooting and Scifags leap in with their mouths oozing bullshit about how psychotropic medication must have been responsible for the shooting before they have any facts about whether anyone involved was on medication or off it, prescribed medication or not.

When they do that, they look like fanatic shitheads who are trying to cynically exploit a tragedy. They think they're sending the message "We are trying to alert people to a very real danger" but their unwillingness to wait for very real facts means they're instead sending a message of "Screw the facts! We have our prejudices and we're sticking to them!"

Let's not follow their example.
  31. RavenEyes Member

No, unless we want to send out a press release apologizing for all of the press releases.
  32. A.Non Hubbard Member

I feel that we don't need a press release. I know that there is already one major US daily working on this, and NineMSN in Australia already planted the seeds with a few lines in an article I saw this morning.

Given the high profile nature of this death, all we have to do is harpoon the articles as they come in just to maintain public interest. Work on new fliers for the January protest that tie Jett in with other Scientology-related illegal medical deaths, particularly Isaac Hayes and Uwe Stuckenbrock.

That's 3 deaths in under 6 months that relate directly to Scientology practice. The Jehovah's Witnesses are held in low regard in the public mind due to several stories as long as I've been alive about denying blood transfusions for children. If we can FINALLY make people equate the JWs with the Scientologists when it comes to careless indifference to medicine, then this will be a PR flap which they cannot recover from.
  33. teh_platypus Member

No, this dosnt even need a fucking situation room, Jett's death, although a tragedy for his family, has NOTHING TO DO WITH US
  34. catwoman30 Member

I don't think a press release is necessary-for now....although I am not outwardly opposed to it either:I am honestly curious to see how the media and CoS spin this one......I will say I feel that his death is beyond relevant to this forum-period.Want me to explain why????Will be happy to.
  35. MrNiceNice Member

e
  36. attackgypsy Member

NO NO NO NO FUCK NO!!!!!!!

Nothing but condolences and sympathy. Nothing else. To do so would make us look so bad, I can't even think of the scale of fail of it.

Doing this could quite literally ruin us. It would turn public opinion away from us in a heartbeat.

Never mind common decency. Let the family mourn and grieve in peace.

Leave Travolta and Preston alone. For at least 6 months, minimum. Just leave them be.
  37. RavenEyes Member

..and yet <sigh> there are now 28 ZOMG IMPORTANT threads in that situation room already. :mad:
  38. Scythe Member

This is a good idea.
  39. NotBobMinton Member

The press is already doing their job on this one. Us stepping in could only muck things up & provide the cult an avenue to misdirect. Unless a coroner's report comes out that the Travolta's were negligent for withholding anti-seizure medicine, the press has this one wrapped up.

Focus on other areas. Hit stories that have seizure references in it with comments about how scientology strongly discourages the use of such medication because it is an evil psych drug.