Customize

Pressfags: Statement concerning Riverside County protest restrictions

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by terryeo2, Nov 26, 2008.

1. terryeo2 Member

Pressfags: Statement concerning Riverside County protest restrictions

I feel that this event is worth crafting a good response for.

Link to the news: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-anonorange-formerlyin-situation-room/county-approves-new-restrictions-protesting-gold-32613/

Here is my extremely rough draft of a statement.

brackets to replace:

[AnonOrange] with his real name
    [time] with the time in the vid that AnonBarb was slammed against the car
    [law] with the CA law that talks about "three to the mile" postings. I don't want to dig through the XBOX HUGE thread to find that shred of info.
    [dates] with the dates that the "Gold note" was played.

It could stay as a media statement or be turned into a press release, depending on what the hivemind wants to do.

A couple of issues:

1. Did everyone TRIPLE check to make sure that there are backups for the AO video? I don't want Ollie the asslicker to mess this up. Please have backups ready in case this vid goes down!

2. How much detail do we want to give about the video? Too little sounds like we're just saying "watch this" and too much could mean that the message becomes tl;dr. Lets be careful about length here.

3. Do we talk about our concerns that the PD is in the pocket of the cult here, or should we leave that out for now? IMO it seems a bit tin-foil-hatty to a reporter who would read this, so I left it out.

Once this is done, I think we should send this out to jglick@PE.com (reporter of the story), and then to other media outlets.
  2. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: Pressfags: Statement concerning Riverside County protest restrictions

The AO vid is on gawker. Let's see Ollie try to take that down.
  3. Chester Member

4. AnonLover Member

Re: Pressfags: Statement concerning Riverside County protest restrictions

Just a tad more than you got in first draft... needs a 'hook' sentence added somewhere specifically noting he was cuffed & pinned by X number of guards.