Customize

Pretty much everything about this forum is broken

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I'm having a very troubling time posting here.

• Replying to a thread or posting a new thread, I will get about 30 seconds of loading, then "Done", as the redirect appears to be broken. I have to then refresh the page to see if my post went through, and if not, hit "Reply" again (at least it actually saves it in the refresh).
    • Sometimes, the "view first unread post" function redirects to the from page of the forum for no reason at all.
    • Every little action takes longer than perhaps it should take. For example, hitting "Reply" on an individual post will bring me to the reply field instantly, but the quote from the person I'm quoting will take a while to actually appear in the field. I've talked to others about this problem, but I appear to be the only one experience slowness on the site. Kinda makes me wonder if someone's running a miserable user script against me.
  2. Herro Member

3. Anonymous Member

Some people are also reporting errors with their browser/OS and jquery. Could be a pointer?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Yes it's all you. Either your internet sucks or your computer.

kthxbai
  5. Herro Member

Ok, I'll try to actually make a positive contribution. I'd give it time OP. Lots of stuff is still being worked on and many kinks are still being ironed out. Patience.
  6. Anonymous Member

I'm disappointed that I am not able to like someones like. :(
  7. hushpuppy Member

Give it time.
  8. Silly433 Moderator

I have also some on those issues. Running Linux Mint 10 and Chromium web browser here. I do also have issues with facebook and flickr, so I always assumed the issue was on my end. Still commenting just in case it is in any way helpful.

Op, what OS and browser are you using?
  9. Miranda Member

10. Anonymous Member

cant get the BB-code form an qoute
  11. Silly433 Moderator

12. Miranda Member

No, it's good information, thanks. I'll report your post so the admins can look into it.
  13. Anonymous Member

Yeah, clearing cookies didn't work for me. Using Firefox on a Mac. The glitch seems to come with a slow loading time. Sometimes, if it takes too long to load, any internal link I click on will just redirect to the front page of the forum.
  14. Anonymous Member

Do you run virus scanner? Did scan recently?
    Intego is a good one it is specialy made for MACs

also try changing dns maybe your dns service is not working.
  15. Anonymous Member

It's only this website though. Which leads me to believe that there's either a problem with the site, or admins don't like me.
  16. Anonymous Member

...is there a reason the admins shouldn't like you? time for an honest doubt formula maybe?
  17. Anon Gin Member

why only the admins?
  18. cubby Member

that's definitely it
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Are you the OP?

First, there is a thread on this (Does everything work?) topic, authored by the person that can solve the problem or advise you.

Anywho, I had noticed the same thing after I went to the v. 4 Firefox; post Beta.

I'd post, the little lines would move, but then I would not be directed back to the thread. It appeared I may not of successfully posted. I hit the post button again and wait. Success. I get sent back to the thread, and see that it posted twice. Sadly, I may have posted Anonymously, and cannot delete duplicate. I figured when the mods get sick enough of pruning double posts from threads, a solution might be afoot.

Summary: it might be the new Firefox?
  20. Anonymous Member

(I don't know where to file this, so , i'm just throwing this here..... it's not related to this Op, really....)

But, I just wanted to say that I liked the "What's New" page you guys created. I thought it was really helpful, and am wondering if it still exists.
    That was a good one. thanks.
  21. Anonymous Member

it would be nice to have that back, if it would be possible, in some form.
  22. Anonymous Member

Look to the right on the main forum page, you complete cocks.
  23. Anonymous Member

LOL
  24. Anonymous Member

i see the thingie which shows which retarded comment was most recently posted. that usually leads to some crappy crap.

lol . maybe i am missing something. i was referring to the "newest threads" thing, i think it was.
  25. Anonymous Member

So then look at the top of the page, you utter twatmunch.
  26. anonymous612 Member

You mean this? The link at the top of every single page?
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/find-new/threads
  27. n3uromanc3r Member

I've been lurking here for some time, and signed up for this account on May 11. The "Reply" GUI was working fine until about a week ago, at which point it completely vanished from sight. Now, I have to copy code into the text box, just to make a line break. Anyone have an idea what might be going on, and how I can fix it? Thanks!
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

Reply works fine. Problem should be on your side.