Customize

Project: ClearCraig

Discussion in 'Projects' started by SomeRandGuy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. SomeRandGuy Member

Re: Project: ClearCraig

.Net has a similar problem, but you can use the dotfuscator to obfuscate some of the code, and lock the rest in compiled libraries. This results in something that can't be so easily decompiled. If someone has the know-how to decompile it, edit it enough to recompile it, they probably have the know how to make an app like this. So that's good enough security for me.

I *really* don't want to add another script kiddie tool out there. This coupled with a bot net (btw, does anyone have one? That would be pretty sweet!) would allow them to remove any ad or ads from craigslist that they wanted to.

Although I'm not 100% sure, I think that java classes you run are downloaded to your comp (IE temp files, java tmp, etc). Thus the source is there for decompiling.

Not sure what this is going to accomplish. Assuming CL has a fixed amount of flags needed to remove a post, the posts should be disappearing almost all at once. I have ran this app *a lot*. I'm beginning to believe that you need to flag from a unique IP address, that hasn't flagged before, for CL to record the flag. Not too easy for me since I'm on cable.

Running the app for 500+ posts takes maybe an extra 2 mins when you're running against 300+. The problem isn't the number of posts, it's the number of people running the app. P.S. run the app.
  2. SomeRandGuy Member

I imagine it's saying that it can't find the Dat file. Post the error message exactly :eek: If it is a Dat file issue, make sure the dat file and the exe are in the same directory.
  3. Anonymous Member

Aye.
  4. MIanon9966 Member

Its saying 'to open this file you windows needs to know which you want to open it'.
  5. SomeRandGuy Member

Open the Dat file with notepad to edit it.
  6. MIanon9966 Member

What am I suppose to be editing? I suck at this.
  7. SomeRandGuy Member

Aight, I'm guessing you haven't even unzipped it yet. You need to download winrar or another file compression app to unzip the files into a directory. Once you see a .exe file and a .dat file, you'll know you're on the right track. Then, you can edit the dat file in notepad and update it to what I have in the OP.
  8. anonym0us Member

Downloaded + ran.
    549 posts flagged.
    Will run again.
  9. Anonymous Member

476 posts flagged using DAT from two days ago, several entries returned "Search Error" and a couple returned 0 entries flagged.
  10. Twine Member

It seems we aren't getting anywhere. The number just fluctuates, like it would with expiring ads. How many people do we have flagging regularly? I think some sort of spam prevention feature might be coming into play and preventing our flags from counting.

Edit: Just flagged 555 entries after updating my DAT.
  11. Anonymous Member

nashville.craigslist.org: 3 posts flagged!
    dublin.craigslist.org: 5 posts flagged!
    orlando.craigslist.org: 5 posts flagged!
    northmiss.craigslist.org: 0 posts flagged!
    wv.craigslist.org: 0 posts flagged!
    nashville.craigslist.org: 0 posts flagged!
    miami.craigslist.org: 12 posts flagged!
    lasvegas.craigslist.org: 5 posts flagged!
    lexington.craigslist.org: 1 posts flagged!
    charleston.craigslist.org: 0 posts flagged!
    maine.craigslist.org: 0 posts flagged!
    dallas.craigslist.org: 5 posts flagged!
    london.craigslist.co.uk: 1 posts flagged!
    newyork.craigslist.org: 14 posts flagged!
    victoria.en.craigslist.ca: 20 posts flagged!
    chicago.craigslist.org: 14 posts flagged!
    oxford.craigslist.co.uk: 17 posts flagged!
    brownsville.en.craigslist.org: 17 posts flagged!
    seattle.craigslist.org: 25 posts flagged!
    stlouis.craigslist.org: 24 posts flagged!
    sfbay.craigslist.org: 48 posts flagged!
    losangeles.craigslist.org: 65 posts flagged!
    toronto.en.craigslist.ca: 101 posts flagged!
    sacramento.craigslist.org: 153 posts flagged!
    Done.

535 posts flagged!

Keep firing assholes!
  12. SomeRandGuy Member

I've considered this. I've been watching pretty closely I we may have been responsible for a few solo ads getting flagged down, but that's hard to say. Some ads are still around since I first launched this. So I'm thinking either A) We don't have enough people, or B) the flags aren't getting through. Hard for me to figure out as I don't know how many people are running this app.

I have some testing to do it would seem. I'm busy this weekend, but I'll tinker with some ideas soon.
  13. ScudMuffin Member

Get some code that'll run on a mac up and I'll get as many macfags as I can to join in.
  14. Anonboy Member

wtf i just flagged over a 400 ads, where are they coming from??
  15. Belladonna Member

16. ScudMuffin Member

I'm assuming a bot war. Bunker down folks, this is gonna be a long one.
  17. Belladonna Member

Some stealth objectors are going to be caught up in the sweep.

This is lovely:
    go to www.cchr.org or call (916) 925-2545.

Isn't there some tech journalist who would find Scientology's abuse of Craigslist a particularly lulzy story?
  18. Belladonna Member

Eleven new posts in NYC Sept 7 alone. This is total garbage. Sacramento 23 new posts in two days.

In other news,,,

Is this misleading medical advice?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bks/1366281959.html

All About Radiation - $36 (Redmond)

Date: 2009-09-09, 1:25PM PDT
    Reply to: see below

Get the straight facts about how radiation is affecting you and your body.
    -What is radiation?
    -What are the real dangers of radiation?
    -Can you keep yourself healthy if exposed to radiation?
    -Can you safeguard your family against radiation?
    -What should you do in the event of radioactive fallout?

In All About Radiation, bestselling self-improvement author L. Ron Hubbard presents clear, concise data about radiation and its effects --- data you can use to deal with one of today's most serious health threats.

Buy this book and read it today. Your life may depend on it.

The total for the hardback is $36

Call to order (425) 558-7644

or send your check or money order to:

Hubbard Dianetics Foundation
    7901 168th Ave Ne #200
    Redmond, Wa 98052
  19. ultrapoet Member

. . . because ATLnons are JUST THAT GOOD.

Okay, maybe it's because the Atlanta Scienos don't know crap about Craigslist. They only recently got their Ideal Org website off of a free web hosting service when we taunted them about it.
  20. determu Member

belladonna,

Those heartless douches

yes, yes that is
  21. Belladonna Member

determu:

What I really mean is, is there somewhere I can go with this information to get some results?

Can this be used as leverage with Craig, or even a medical advisory board? (Edit -along the lines of Kevin Trudeau, Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About)

In related Craigslist news, I just came across this complaint:

Scientology overposting

When is this going to come to a boiling point?
  22. determu Member

perhaps but the only people who i can think of would be the FDA as advertising a cure
  23. Re: Project: ClearCraig

I found some suspicious ads on craigslist while using the phone numbers for orgs. They say nothing about Scientology or Dianetics, but do talk about classes, not needing psychiatry, 'are you depressed?' and so on.
    What is the key to happy, honest relationship?
    How to help an ill person get better
    Is it hard for you to let go?
    How stressed are you?
    Group for Depression, Anxiety and Stress

These don't have the phone numbers of any orgs, just someone named Julie who gives (408) 512-9053 or jewel95131@gmail.com , as contacts. Tried looking up the phone # which is a cell phone in San Jose. I have to go get my bus.
    Can someone find out more, maybe contact her? Don't tell her who you are, of course, but is this connected to scienfraudery or what?
  24. Anonymous Member

Yes they are Scilon ads

25. Re: Project: ClearCraig

^ They certainly read like scilon ads.
    Will OP add (408) 512-9053 to sfbay list, or is it already too long? It might get cumbersome if more scilons put ads up with their own phone numbers.
  26. Belladonna Member

#*#!@&*
    there are 135 ads just here alone, mostly in events and community

519-5287,916-294-0434,294-0434,916-879-4119,879-4119
    sacramento.craigslist.org
  27. SomeRandGuy Member

I think the large search string may have broken some things... I am going to have to do some tinkering/testing tomorrow.

:(
  28. Belladonna Member

Here are some that have fallen idle for the time being if you want to take them off:

*615-687-4600,687-4600
    nashville.craigslist.org
    *407-895-9917
    orlando.craigslist.org
    *877-413-3073
    northmiss.craigslist.org
    *877-413-3073
    northmiss.craigslist.org
    *877-413-3073
    wv.craigslist.org
    *877-413-3073
    nashville.craigslist.org
    *877-413-3073
    lexington.craigslist.org
    *1-877-413-3073
    charleston.craigslist.org
    *1-877-413-3073
    maine.craigslist.org

*"The only book which has been read by every major race on earth"* LOLOLOLOL
  29. Anonymous Member

483 today.

SRG, have you confirmed whether or not the flagging system is ip sensitive? I've also had some greyhats tell me that CL discounts flags that come from ips outside of that geographical area. (I believe this to be complete bullshit, frankly, but I've been wrong b4.)

If you haven't confirmed, I could test this against a one or two "fresh" ads.
  30. Belladonna Member

Just wanted to check in to report that Craigslist may have responded to my complaint emails. Toronto (792 1889) had zillions of current ads, but as of today there are only three. Win?

Edit - never mind, they are still there. They were just hiding.
  31. crockhat Member

Yup, that's the problem, and I'm sure some kiddies would abuse it if you released it, shame.

Correct.

Another limitation is that by default, Java applets on web pages can only connect to the server they were originally downloaded from. You can sign Java applets to give them extra abilities, however, so that's prolly possible.
    Much the same for flash.
  32. Belladonna Member

---I'm having trouble breathing---

picture4pf.png
  33. determu Member

in the drinking world they call that a

P quiver.... you can guess what the p is
  34. Re: Project: ClearCraig

The Victoria (Vancouver Island) Craigslist is getting spammed mercilessly. You can easily find their ads on vancouver.en.craigslist.ca or victoria.en.craigslist.ca by searching for

"(250) 220 3772" or "www.island-scientology.net"

Thus far the ads are all cookie-cutter, for example:

Problems dealing with people?

Date: 2009-08-28, 3:12PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-kp6ux-1347532878@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Come to our classes or free seminars. We have counselors and books here you would
    probably enjoy, too.
    You will learn:
    How to relax
    How to deal with negative people around you
    How to be more positive
    How to get over past painful experiences
    How to not react to situations

Buy and Read Scientology: A New Slant on Life

Call to Order: (250) 220 3772

or visit Can something be done about it? <center><h2> YES!</h2></center>

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1347532878

I have personally flagged these many times from multiple locations, but they are still multiplying:

Sep 17 - Do you feel you have stress, anxiety, or depression? - $20 - <<books & magazines

Sep 16 - Do you feel you have stress, anxiety, or depression? - $20 - <<books & magazines

Sep 12 - Do you feel you have stress, anxiety, or depression? - $20 - <<books & magazines

Sep 4 - Do you feel you have stress, anxiety, or depression? - $20 - <<books & magazines

Sep 1 - Do you feel you have stress, anxiety, or depression? - $20 - <<books & magazines

Aug 28 - Problems dealing with people? - <<books & magazines

Thanks for the help!
    - E
  35. anonymous1312 Member

I'm having trouble breathing too because I'm ROFLMAO.

I think what the scilons are trying to do is get us to defend an image they believe Anonymous has by deliberately associating there idea of our image with themselves.

It's all about them attacking and getting us to defend; while we're busy defending our image we theoretically have less resources to attack them.

We're suppose to spend time going, noooo &quot;V for Vendetta&quot; is all about Anonymous not scientology. In fact we don't give a toss and just carry on explaining that the organisation calling itself the church of scientology is all about screwing people for money.
  36. SomeRandGuy Member

Damn it, I've been rather busy as of late... I didn't think it'd take me this long to get to working on this project again. I'll be more productive soon, so don't worry ^_^.
  37. Anonymous Member

Hate to burst your bubble, but this doesn't seem to be doing *anything*. I think your top priority should be figuring out the IP limits. I'd strongly recommend creating a version that lags votes considerably behind one another - flagging 463 posts in 2 minutes makes it kind of obvious you're not doing this by hand. If you created a program that could run in the background, I'm sure there are people willing to run it 24/7 @ 2 flags/min.
  38. Belladonna Member

I've been doing it by hand, once a day - don't know how many other people are also. I've also been sending in complaints about the outrageous abuses but it doesn't seem to be getting any response. Which doesn't make sense to me at all, when you consider the rules and CraigsList culture.
  39. Anonymous Member

Perhaps we need to start some craigslist ads bashing craigslist for allowing this kind of abuse to go on. I just flagged 577 posts - 71 in LA, 88 in Toronto, and 178 in Sacramento. There was a post by a craigslist community member bashing the Toronto scilon poster in the Toronto craigslist a few months ago - I think we need to follow his lead, en masse.

But OMG. Why isn't Craigslist dealing with this problem?
  40. caekanon Member

miami.craigslist.org: 7 posts flagged!
    losangeles.craigslist.org: 24 posts flagged!
    victoria.en.craigslist.ca: 41 posts flagged!
    toronto.en.craigslist.ca: 62 posts flagged!
    sfbay.craigslist.org: 38 posts flagged!
    sacramento.craigslist.org: 85 posts flagged!

Nice, a few hours work in a few seconds. Nice job.