Customize

"Project Inherent" Proposal

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by WagTheWog, Jul 26, 2012.

1. WagTheWog Member

Yes, Miscavige is an evil dwarf. But unfortunately (quite frustratingly, for me), he seems to get the lion's share of the blame for $cientology's current problems and wrong-doing (in the press, by Marty, etc., etc.).

Simply, I'd like to see the hive mind help to devise a media/Interwebs blitz that helps to educate that $cientology is inherently dysfunctional, paranoid, and evil now because it started that way due to it's founder. In other words: it was rotten at the core from the very beginning.

Possibly there could be a simple slogan/meme that would be followed by an example of the inherent madness/evil? Here are some examples of what I'm thinking to get the brainstorming process started:

IT STARTED THAT WAY!
    The Founder of Scientology taught his adherents that: "The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them."

IT STARTED THAT WAY!
    The Founder of Scientology initiated what he dubbed "Operation Snow White." [Insert a succinct description of this here].

IT STARTED THAT WAY!
    The Founder of Scientology taught his adherents that: "The purpose of the [law] suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly"

/
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Wogs whom I've spoken with recently regarding the current TomKat drama, who for the most part, like most wogs, have never paid very much attention to scientology all seem to have been quick to determine that the fat guy spokesperson that keeps turning up on the news seems far too interested in promoting the "idea" of scientology to be taken seriously. They still have no idea who David Miscavige is, or who that "fat guy" is either for that matter. They equate scientology with crazy, even if only on a "lol Xenu" basis, and they equate that crazyness with Hubbard.

I think one really has to be paying very close attention to this stuff before all the little details that we follow on a regular basis bear any kind of relevence. Also I believe that the only people who are ever going to be swayed by any Hubbard vs Miscavige arguments are scientologists themselves. Wogs simply don't give a shit.

With that, I like this initiative, but suggest it be directed more towards the "indy's" and potential fence sitters (ouch!) than to the wog public in general who are less likely to care about the minutae of who's playing who inside of the cult but rather are very keen to learn more about the abuses, the impact of front groups, the questionable tax breaks that enable them to get away with all of this, etc.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Hubbard designed it that way. Miscavige has merely dialed it up.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Clusterdux Member

Personally I don't think this issue matters. Two reasons:

1. DM himself has been pretty busy eliminating the top management to make himself more essential. This means that it is unlikely that CoS can maintain operations if he were gone. Even IF someone managed to pick up the pieces, there will be a phase of utter confusion (and a huge defection wave) first.

2. CoS (or any organization like CoS) can never have the expansion that CoS had in it's glory days. As generations progress it gets harder and harder to convince the average guy to ignore the internet.
    Every year more people know how to to use a search engine effectively and how not to drown in overwhelming amounts of info, making it less likely they will fall for a scam artist who has claims as wild as CoS has..
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1