Customize

Project: List of Scientology-Affiliated Policitians.

Discussion in 'Media' started by nailinpalinnow, May 2, 2010.

1. Enturbulette Member

Project: List of Scientology-Affiliated Policitians.

UPDATE:

This thread had a bumpy start but morphed nicely into "The Anonymous School of Poli-Scion" and here are some relevant links:

The Anonymous Wiki page for "Politicians Influenced By Scientology"
    List of Scientology-Affiliated Policitians - Why We Protest Wiki

An article with a wealth of topical political leads:
    Clearwatergate: US politics and Scientology

I used this article extensively in my post and found it to be well written and researched with a very good bibliography:
    The Journal of Religion and Popular Culture

Keep in mind that politicians as well as lobbyists, lawyers, campaign contributors and campaign staff will all be part of the picture. It was discussed that any elected official, including school board members, some judges and city council members all belong on the list of shame if they have COS affiliations.

Appointees such as some judges, police chiefs and etc... can be contributed and put in their own section.

The WIKI will be populated with data collected from this thread and any links provided, along the lines of this suggested formula:

First and Last Name:

Position/Title:

Jurisdiction: (State Senate, United Nations, etc...)

Political Affiliation:

Affiliations/Lobbyists/Donars/Usual Suspects: (Possibly the most important part of the entry)

Implications:

Activist Actions Available:

Links:

Please add at will with whatever political/Scientoloy leads you find, with supporting links from trusted souces.

Original Post:

(I don't know how many of you read the new members introduction posts so I am going to put a copy of mine here, thanks - NPN)

Hi All,

I am NailinPalinNow and as a result of my Palin-exposure activism I wrote an in depth post of 7 chapters reporting Scientology's links to Palin through Coale/Van Suckup and other political figures including the Clintons, Pelosi, etc... the post also explores the beginning of Scions problems with Germany and serves as a heavily linked primer for those who don't really understand the abuses of the so called "church".

Here is the link to that article:

nailinpalinnow: Palin's Coale Keeps Scientology's Political Ambitions Burning Bright

I noticed that one day ago the post was linked in one of your forums here, and I tried to follow the link but was shut out of the site until I joined. I have joined up and still can't find that posting of my article in the forums, but I am glad to be a member here and look forward to being able to view the news and info posted here as well as explore the possibility of further anti-Scion activism on my part in the future.

In the meantime if anyone can send me to the forum thread where nailinpalinnow was mentioned a day or so ago I would appreciate it.
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Ann O'Nymous Member

4. Enturbulette Member

re: Project: List of Scientology-Affiliated Policitians.

Ann O'nymous:

1. Learn not to be condescending.
  5. Anonymous Member

lol I don't think a newcomer is going to be able to teach that to ann
  6. Enturbulette Member

Thanks Anonymous - when I follow your link I get the following.

"Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?"

So perhaps I have not been a member long enough to go there. Thanks anyway.
  7. Anonymous Member

in your control panel there is a menu item 'group memberships' to sign up for the dome tho you may be right about the waiting period
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

I was conmounting and will let you when I change the direction.
  9. Anonymous Member

Nice.
  10. Enturbulette Member

Success. Thanks to the helpful directions above I went to the dome.

Sorry, this sentence doesn't make any sense to me:

"I was conmounting and will let you when I change the direction."
  11. re: Project: List of Scientology-Affiliated Policitians.

Here five minutes and worked out so much already.
  12. Anonymous Member

That's Ann's term for "sexy time". Just ignore Ann. We all do.
  13. Enturbulette Member

: )
  14. Enturbulette Member

Yes the sweat is flinging off my brow ya know. ;)
  15. WagTheWog Member

@nailinpalinnow:

I posted the link at the start and the thread devolved very quickly into partisan B.S. to it was thrown into "The Dome."

If you haven't already discovered . . . The Dome is a scary, scary place where many go in, and few come out.

Keep up your good work on both topics too BTW.
  16. Enturbulette Member

Ha ha the Dome does add a little spice to the place, doesn't it.

And thanks very much for linking. :D
  17. Anonymous Member

Oh the Dome, what a special place it is. :). Good to know which politicians are tools of scientology. Could there be a thread completely dedicated in exposing such politicians. Kinda like the list of ex-members and scino celebs.
  18. Enturbulette Member

Oh, so you mean the political side of Scion infiltration hasn't been thoroughly explored already? :confused: This would be as important a place to dig as celebrities, arguably more important....

Here's a doozy off the top of my head regarding the current Governor of Maryland getting in office due to lobbyist Coale, then putting Scion Coale in a position of governance over Marylands psychiatric system. (From the article on NPN linked above in Chapter 5 - if you go there you can follow links to the backing evidence.)

"In 2006, Baltimore Mayor Martin O’Malley won the fight for Governor of Maryland in the most expensive gubernatorial battle the state had ever seen. Emerging victorious but a half million dollars in debt he turned to, who else? John P. Coale for a financial bail out. Coale’s reward? In 2008 O’Malley appointed our very own ambulance chasing John P. Coale to the Board of Directors of UMMS, the University of Maryland Medical System, after a dramatic force out of the sitting Chairman and resignation of most of the other board members in protest. That means that the following Maryland psychiatric hospitals will be under the control of John P. Coale, the Scientologist cozy with David Miscavige. Here is a list of the specifically psychiatry related treatment facilities within the University of Maryland Medical System:

Brook Lane Psychiatric Center • Clifton T Perkins Hospital • Potomac Ridge Behavioral Health Center • Rosewood Center • Saint Luke Institute • The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital • Spring Grove Hospital Center • Springfield Hospital Center • Taylor Manor Hospital Center

If you have a friend or family member that receives treatment in one of these facilities, you might want to encourage them to review their choices for treatment and go elsewhere."

If there is no such thread by all means there should be one.
  19. WagTheWog Member

@ nailinpalinnow
    Me likey this new member.
    I hope you stick around and continue to contribute.
    Me thinks you have a lot to offer.
    Cheers!
  20. Enturbulette Member

Cheers Woggiest : )
  21. Anonymous Member

Its not a bad idea but will eventually will fall into political faggotry. Not that all sides (in multiple countries) are not at fault - because all sides have someone that will be uneducated or sell out for a nice fat campaign donation. If people can keep their extraneous opinions to themselves; haha fat chance; then this idea could be powerful in compiling a list of people that can be be either directly lobbied or protested against.
  22. Enturbulette Member

I see your point about the potential idiocy, but consider this: the thread could be focused on something simple like, "Which politicians take money from CO$ or do favors for CO$" and concentrate on provable events and financial accounting. No argument necessary whoever it is if they are in Scion pockets we should know about it. For example what is there to argue about the O'Malley info above? It is eye opening and disturbing that the Maryland Psychiatric community has quite possibly been compromised through Coale/Gov of Maryland.

"this idea could be powerful in compiling a list of people that can be be either directly lobbied or protested against."

I second that.
  23. Anonymous Member

political faggotry??? I am not sure I follow you (maybe 'cause i am high as hell). But I don't see how outing/exposing w/ dox that a certain politician is forwarding scilon agenda will cause political faggotry. Are you reffering to the fact that if we name a certain politician in the thread; it will easily be derailed by some trollfag into a debate of politics. Wouldn't that be avoided if that thread has the same format as the ex-scilon list?
  24. Anonymous Member

ANON under you... damn you beat me to it... I was typing in supper slow motion... obviously, you know the reason why... >_<
  25. Anonymous Member

as a matter of fact, I think NPN should start that thread. Go Go Go!!! :D
  26. Enturbulette Member

Ha ha ha its all good...

I had changed that phrase but when I used it I was referring to when you referred to it ya know...so much reeferring here but I think we are on the same pixel now....I mean page.
  27. Anonymous Member

I think out and exposing politicians involved with sci's is a good idea. A lot of that has already happened on this site. My point is that it might not be trollfags that end up derailing. I can behave myself if others can if we were to put together a thread similar to the Ex-Sci that have spoken out.

A nice format would be

Last Name, First Name, Country, Title, District (county, state, etc. - need more thought around this) and political affiliation (this would be to make it easier to go up the food chain in a political party on endorsements, blah, blah, blah).

Connection to Scientology

Implications, either through laws being implemented or PR.

Keep it to the fact and keep the other nonsense out of it.

Yea? Ney? Is someone going to call a point of order?
  28. Enturbulette Member

It seems like an idea that is way overdue actually - you know how things are done around here, so I nominate you as "Head of the Poli Thread" cause you thought of it and plus I'll make silly mistakes and then Ann'll come along and stomp on me and soon we'll be in a catfight ya know. Entertaining but a distracting side show to the real political circus.
  29. anon8109 Member

I Want.
  30. Anonymous Member

A poli thread is a good idea and it should be tied to the wiki to make things easy.

brb trying to remember how to wiki.
  31. Enturbulette Member

Yippppppeeeee Yi Yay-O
  32. Anonymous Member

Open to any other ideas to include with regards to this information. Years? Begin and End?
  33. Enturbulette Member

How about "Jurisdiction" instead of District

$$$Known Payouts and Dates: It would be good to have a $$ figure area that would be quick to see, aside from it being mentioned in the "Connection to Sci" section. Pelosi "only" takes a few hundred thousand per year for example, while Gov O'M of Md took around a million in one year

Affiliations/Lobbyists/Donars/Usual Suspects: This would be the place to talk about who is giving them the money (IE coale), other suspect associates (Scion lawyers, etc)

Title/Office

Not in that order: just thinking.
  34. Anonymous Member

Anonymous haz always been the "Head" of everything. lol.... anyhow, I am off to sleep. I'll peek on this thread later.
  35. Anonymous Member

Basic wiki page created.

Politicians Influenced by Scientology - Why We Protest Wiki

Let's use this thread to hammer out the details of what it should look like and then begin another thread here for people to contribute.

Its late now. I'm out.
  36. Enturbulette Member

I edited in some other suggestions above.

One question for any and all - are there Anonymous members in Clearwater? I have had a hit from Clearwater on my NPN blog from the link here and was just wondering.

G'night Anon. Dreamless sleep.
  37. Anonymous Member

INDEED. You are the perfect candidate. Anonymous Will Deliver!! :D if it wasn't 1:40 am where I am at and I wasn't sleepy and h*i*g*h* I would start that thread and so now I am of to sleep.
  38. re: Project: List of Scientology-Affiliated Policitians.

By Hades a special snowflake has fluttered in from lands arctic. I retire well content that thy shall be greeted singularly and with note.
  39. JohnnyRUClear Member

hawt

It's always worst after Thanksgiving dinner. It's nearly supper freeze-frame.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
  40. Ann O'Nymous Member

Lurk moar: John P. Coale on Maryland Medical System Board - Counterknowledge - Why We Protest | Activism Forum

More generally, compare the following situations:
    - one individual on a topic for 2 months,
    - a few thousand people on a topic for more than 2 years, not to mention those who worked on it before that.

Guess who is the most likely to have more information than the other ?

TL;DR Keep up the good work and use the search function.