Customize

Project Parking Lot Time Lapse

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anoninoob, Feb 10, 2012.

1. anoninoob Member

Just realized that a great way to prove that the empty orgs are empty is to place a time lapse camera somewhere pointed at the parking lot. Capture a week or a months worth of footage and show how empty they are.

Just an idea, any thoughts?
  2. Anonymous Member

I always wanted time lapse. It doesn't seems to be a feature in the compact digital cameras. Casio or Lumix. I would hate to leave my camera unattended though.
  3. anoninoob Member

apparently some of the Nikon Coolpix cameras have a time lapse feature and you can snag one of those for under $100
  4. anoninoob Member

5. Anonymous Member

My brain is telling me I read something recently about hacking into your camera and getting it to do time lapse and other functions. But I can't find the article or thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Death Hamster posted this earlier today: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/canon-powershot-camera-hacking.99971/

Fascinating! Canon Powershot line of cameras can be easily and reversibly hacked into time lapse and all sort of other cool shit.

Be mindful of possibly invalidating a warranty, but otherwise, nifty info.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I like the idea, especially if it could be managed as a stakeout situation like we see in the movies - a premises that could be rented for a week/month/whatever with excellent lines of sight for cameras on tripods.

Setup the hardware and do a long term survey of a cult parking lot.

A Major YouTube Hit! ;)