Customize

Proof that Israel is destabilze Twitter?

Discussion in 'Help Iran Online' started by Unregistered, Jul 15, 2009.

1. True or not, I can't say it moves me one way or the other. If life has taught me anything, it's that more often than not the enemy of your enemy is not your friend. He's usually just some guy with his own agenda. Sometimes he's a raging asshole in his own right. But it is true that spammers of any description can gargle my gonads, regardless of nationality or political agenda.
  2. looks like wishfull thinking

- it's rubbish. One main argument is that the only newspaper, running a story about the algeded spammers, is the Jerusalem Post. A newspaper supposed to do so because they share the interest of the spammers. It's not true, at least one danish newspaper have run stories about one ore more of the twitters. And why should JPost highlight itself in relation to its own "agents"? Naaah
    - and another argument, that they all communicate in english. They are trying to connect to people outside Iran, and they are using the internet so that choice of language seems far from suspicius. And so on...and on
  3. Ray Murphy Member

Yes, of course there would have been participation by many people in other countries - particularly when communication was strangled in Iran, but those outsiders would have constituted only a small proportion of the number of Iranians who would have spoken out if they had felt free to do so.

The question is not whether outsiders participated - the big question is why were there not a lot more of them!
  4. gr88iran Member

1. They each created their twitter accounts on Saturday June 13th.
    A. That is the day after the election. Many of us created a new anonymous account since the government monitors internet to catch "online criminals!" Many of us also have created alternative email accounts and blogs just for this purpose, so what?!!

2. Each had extremely high number of Tweets since creating their profiles.
    A. Yes, we were all shocked and started to tweet and re-tweet everything that we found.

3. “IranElection” was each of their most popular keyword
    A. Yes, no wonder the hot topic back then was #iranelection. But little by little it lost its popularity. Online stats: #hashtags - iranelection

4. With some very small exceptions, each were posting in ENGLISH.
    A. Mostly Iranians abroad use Tweeter. Traditionally iranians have a huge number of blogs, and little by little Tweeter microblogging service is becoming popular. However, many Iranian tweeters write in English (not very competent) to get the attention of international community.

5. Half of them had the exact same profile photo
    A. Half of the facebook profiles in my account have green pictures and the rest are "Where is my vote" or "Where is their vote" in green background. We try to show unity this way. Don't you?

6. Each had thousands of followers, with only a few friends. Most of their friends were EACH OTHER.
    A. This has to be researched. I recommend the following article about various ways to research on Tweeter relationships: 17 Ways to Visualize the Twitter Universe | FlowingData

Final word: even though I replied all the 6 items, I believe the objection of the article is still valid. Tweeter, as far as I can remember, is something new inside Iran and I doubt if it was so popular to have #iranelection hashtag popular for almost one month. A hashtag has NEVER been popular for so long. In fact I was designing a robot with jTweeter for keeping the hashtag popular, but as time passed, I realized that there's no need for that! This diagram shows that #iranelection has had a constant rate recently: #hashtags - iranelection

Anyway, I strongly believe that ONLY arrogants claim that Israel is behind these suspicious stats. Watching Iranians abroad, I can say that there has always been a conflict between Iranians and we are used to condemn others for that! We have to accept that there's no conspiracy theory and what is happening to us is caused by ourselves. If Israel could collapse a government using an online service, let them do! If a nation is weak enough to collapse like that, let it collapse!!! It's time to stop being afraid of Jews and realize that Islam is the root of all of our disasters. I also heard another conspiracy theory which claimed that Ahmadinejad has Jewish roots. It seems that "Jew" is a devilish label that we can assign to anyone and destroy them. It's the same as what our government does. If someone is called "mofsede fel arz" or "jorsoomeye fesaad" or "moteham alayhe amniyate melli", it means that the person is in big trouble. They are just some ready made labels that can kill whoever is assigned with them! Our Jewish brothers in Israel and around the world has supported us in the protests. (refer to the news) There's nothing wrong with being Jewish or Israeli. It's just our government which made a devil from them. Israel has always been a good placeholder for the word "enemy". Our government even condemns Israel to control america. Of course these theories have their own believers! But still I say: if Israel could collapse a country just by online activity, let it do! A nation with a censored Internet and low bandwidth will collapse only by hands of its uncontrolled and highly fanatic government! (The last paragraph is my very own personal view and I don't mean to insult respective Muslims in this forum)

PS. I would rather prefer Israel govern Iran rather than Khamenei and Ahmadinejad! At least they don't murder their own people like animals :(
  5. Thank you for your excellent answer.
  6. Ray Murphy Member

Very good.
    This is an example how the facts got in the way of a good story (or rumor).
  7. Srpska Member

OP is correct. It is bullshit. Can we get back to business now?