Customize

Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by OTBT, Dec 9, 2010.

1. OTBT Member

Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Narconon claims to be secular, and not religious. Narconon International claims to
    be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a secular, not-for-profit,
    tax exempt organization.

All Scientology HCOBs (Bulletins) were written by L Ron Hubbard. Church of
    Scientology claims every HCOB is part of sacred Scientology religious scriptures.

Here are excerpts from 2 HBOBs and 1 Executive Directive written by L Ron
    Hubbard, specifically giving technical information about Narconon. This means
    these instructions from Hubbard are sacred Scientology scriptures, are part of the
    Scientology religion. This also means that Narconon cannot claim to be secular.

tl;dr skip to the bold sections

narcononscientologyhcob.jpg

====================================================

narcononpurificationhco.jpg

=============================================================

narcononexdirpage1.jpg

narcononexdirpage2.jpg

Related old thread by Dr. Lilly von Marcab

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...ligious-status-cchr-other-front-groups-27191/
  2. OTBT Member

Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

narcononguardiansoffice.gif
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Intelligence Member

Awesome! I Love it :)

Good work OTBT!
  4. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Wonderful Find OTBT!!! Lovin' the leaked docs... Now how best to apply this..... could make interesting Youtube Video subject. Any other ideas?
  5. OTBT Member

Thanks, but you are the reason I posted this stuff. I hope some of this stuff is useful to your lawyers in your legal pursuits.
  6. Intelligence Member

This stuff will be a huge help to lawyers and governments.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

Oh shi........... guys, what hope do we have against lightning fast new tech??
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  9. Anonymous Member

Scientology is not a religion.
  10. Anonymous Member

Scientology is a religion.
  11. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

The quote below was also quoted in the original post but wasn't copied.
    Naconon has made the same spiritual claim as the rest of Scientology and it looks like Naconon is as much or as little a religion as the rest of Scientology.
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

They always manage to use the secular or religious angle to their advantage.

As long as nobody request from them even minimal consistency, they will go on like this.
  13. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Scientology isn't recognised as a religion in Canada. Narconon claims to have a spiritual purpose, your Canadian lawyer will know better what effect all this has in Canadian law.
  14. Intelligence Member

Scientology-Narconon IS a DESTRUCTIVE CULT:

It is NOT a religion. It is NOT Secular: "Scientology...is not a religion."
    - L. Ron Hubbard, CREATION OF HUMAN ABILITY, 1954, p. 251

"I�d like to start a religion. That�s where the money is."
    - L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949;

Destructive cult - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A destructive cult is a religion or other group which has caused or has a high probability of causing harm to its own members or to others.

To prepare and force their members to act without asking any moral question and act selflessly for the cause of the group and ignore all the ethical, cultural, moral or religious code of the society and humanity, those organisations have to change into a cult. Therefore to understand an extremist or a terrorist organisation one has to learn about a Cult.[25]

======================================================

Scientology is one of the most Dangerous Cults alive today. Is it a terrorist organization? In my opinion, yes it is.

Terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.
    Designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target.

Very often, the victims of terrorism are targeted not because they are threats, but because they are specific "symbols, tools, animals or corrupt beings"[citation needed] that tie into a specific view of the world that the terrorists possess. Their suffering accomplishes the terrorists' goals of instilling fear, getting their message out to an audience or otherwise satisfying the demands of their often radical religious and political agendas.
  15. Anonymous Member

bump
  16. Intelligence Member

They will continue to Morph their Religious/Secular definitions to further whatever agenda is on their plate at any given time. You are right; they will go on doing this untill some government authority demands consistency.

Perhaps under oath in a Court of Law. Perhaps January 17th, 2011? ;-)
  17. AnonyVix Member

Secular or not this is the primary function of Narconon and Criminon, as magnets for state (tax payer's) money.

This is the real reason the cult engages in such activities, all others like good pr and "safe pointing" are secondary.

Good find OP.
  18. xenubarb Member

It's amusing that Narconon is about to fall into the trap that opened when Hubbard split off from Dianetics to play the religious angle.

Scientology is a religion, so they claim.
    Narconon is secular, so they claim.
    The Purif as practiced by Scientologists is protected as a religious ritual.
    Yet the same thing in Narconon is secular, and should come under the laws meant to protect people from such blatant quackery and junk science.

Here's the part that amuses me. The Purif is NOT protected when it's being sold to the general public as a drug rehab tool. It's plainly dangerous, and science proves it.

When confronted by the authorities, which way will they jump? They can't claim religious protection, they've claimed often enough it has no connection with Scientology.

All they're left with is the right to defend this fraudulent bullshit, and since it's plainly bullshit, it will be discarded. No official with any concern for the well-being of constituents would grace this ridiculous rubbish with approval!
  19. Anonymous Member

Yes, they'd done this ever since Fred Goldberg gave Scientology the gift of secret and special religious cloaking, tax exemptions in the IRS scam on the world.

Freddie now working in a law firm, but is advisory on U.S. tax councils, including tax exemption groups.

I'd been going over Christmas lists. I can't think of a more appropriate one for old Freddie boy than a monogrammed list from Why Are They Dead?

There's no Christmas Future for these tortured souls. Maybe should throw in a DVD of Ebenezer Scrooge for good measure.
  20. Intelligence Member

We operate a little different here in Canada. Because our medical system is run by and paid 100% by the government, they take a dim view of anything or any organization that may increase their costs. Especially one that is Criminally Convicted in Canada.

The Health Ministry is now investigating all their operations and this will increase soon ;-)

Their days in Canada are numbered and I hope this will trickle down into the USA.
  21. DeathHamster Member

Trickling down into Canada's pants? :)
  22. Anonymous Member

they should feel some groin pain in 2011
  23. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Actually, it does meet most, if not all, of the definitions of a religion. This does not preclude it from being a destructive cult. If that's how you wish to refer to them, you'll have my agreement, but from a nit-picking perspective, I have to disagree on that minor point.

Tl;dr: They're a religion, but they're also a bunch of systematically abusive, culty fucktards and their victims.
  24. Intelligence Member

Scientology has so far failed to gain official recognition as a religion in Canada.
    Scientology in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cult can also be defined as a religion. But can a Destructive Cult be defined as a religion?

Whatever the case, I think we're on the same page :)
  25. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Official or not, it is a religion. Plenty of destructive cults can also be classified as religions, like Heavens Gate, David Koresh's group, Aum Shinrikyo, and the Order of the Solar Temple.
  26. Anonymous Member

Scientology is a destructive cult and religion.
  27. Anonymous Member

Christianity, Islam, LDS etc.
  28. Anonymous Member

"The most detestable wickedness, the most horrid cruelties, and the greatest miseries, that have afflicted the human race, have had their origin in this thing called revelation, or revealed religion."

Thomas Paine
  29. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

[IMG]
  30. Anonymous Member

Correction: They deliberately pretend to be a religion as a way to dodge taxes and scrutiny.

Word-clear "Religious Cloaking".

Or visit Larry Brennan's blog.
  31. Anonymous Member

Has anybody held him to account for his massive unconstitutional taxfaggotry yet?

Two Anons, one with a camera, outside his office, demanding an answer. Traditional guerrilla reporting. Results on Jewtube for all to see.
  32. Anonymous Member

Scientology is a fascist political movement that thinks itself a mafia, disguised as a religion, pretending to be a self-help philosophy, hiding behind 166 front groups.
  33. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

Well, they do have a set of beliefs, and while they lack anything resembling a sacrament or prayers, they do have "churches". Granted, most of those beliefs involve aliens and/or fucking people over, but they are a religion, and they were always a religion. If anything, they have been guilty of pseudo-scientific cloaking, not religious cloaking, though the latter is a term they and their critics have used. That said, they are also a destructive cult. The terms "religion" and "destructive cult" are not mutually exclusive. In this case, both are true.

FWIW, I would be far happier if we had a benefits test for ALL charities, be they religious or secular, to determine tax exemption. Using such a metric would put the United States more in line with Canada and the United Kingdom, and might end up crushing this cult once and for all.
  34. Anonymous Member

Shazam! It doesn't matter if Scientology is or is not a religion.
  35. DeathHamster Member

Narconon is Scientology. Leave the question of whether Scientology is religious or secular as a problem for them to answer. (And then don't let them change their answer as convenient to the situation.)
  36. Anonymous Member

True ^

narcr.jpg

2004-isn-27-p20-clip1-751x600.jpg
  37. Intelligence Member

NED? Had time to look this up today. "New Era Dianetics." This is Gold.

Also studied "Secular" : Secularity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good Thread!
  38. ultrapoet Member

Calling yourself a religion doesn't automatically make you one any more than wearing a paper crown and calling yourself a princess makes you royalty.

The very fact that their 'religious rituals' are being marketed as secular 'tech' is PROOF that their status as a religion is nothing more than a paper game. If you are only a religion when the tax laws are in your favor and a 'technology' when they aren't, you're not a religion, you're a fraudulent tax dodge.
  39. anon4eva Member

Posting in epic thread.......

GREAT reading, thank you OP. THIS could be the proverbial nail in the coffin if the right sets of eyes PAY ATTENTION
  40. Re: Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular

I think you're missing an important point. Whether you think it's a religion or not, their status as such doesn't matter. The protests have been about their behaviors and their irrational beliefs that in most cases mandate those abusive behaviors. Their sacrament happens to be fucking people over. So be it. I'm in favor of letting the assholes and their victims call themselves whatever they want.

To quote George Carlin, "I know I'm a little late with this, but I'd like to get a few licks on this totally bogus topic before it completely disappears from everyone’s consciences. First I want to be really clear about one thing: as far as other people's feeling are concerned- especially these "victim groups"- when I deal with them as individuals, I will call them whatever they want. When it's one on one, if some guy wants me to call him a morbidly obese, African-ancestored male with a same gendered sexual orientation I'll be glad to do that. One the other hand if he wants me to call him a fat nigger cocksucker, than that's what it will be. I'm here to please. If I meet a women who wishes to be to be referred to as a motion-impaired, same gender-oriented Italian-American who is difficult to deal with, fine. On the other hand, I am perfectly willing to call her a crippled, Guinea dyke cunt if she prefers. I'm not trying to change anyone’s self image. But! But! When I am speaking generally, and impersonally about a large group of people, I will call them what I think is honest and fair. And I will not try and bullshit myself."