Customize

Protest Identity

Discussion in 'Projects' started by bengrv, Dec 4, 2013.

1. bengrv Member

Hay there,
    I´m not sure if this is the right forum to post my matter of concern, if it´s not please delete or move this.

Starting from the Question "Are we able to define protest in our culture?" - two Students from Germany began to catch up information which applies to different fields of protest, including the historical course and it´s development and also the new generations like online- or digital- movements.
    The target which the project tracks, is to create a kind of collection to introduce or question the nowadays protestmovements, by analyzing the identity of protest.

Too much publications which handle a kind of protest, try to give tips like a cookbook, - how to Protest, how do get active - whereby they unconsciously push Protest in a form. In view of this we need help from the acting scene. We need your help to get more insideviews, to be able to create a unadulterated view of the Protestscene.

We create some questions and would be very thankful if you could answer them from your view.
    Of course you don´t have to answer exactly this question, you also can give us some further information which regard to the questions.

How do you define "The identity of protest"?
    Which properties are assign to protests most of all?
    Is protest alway against an existing system/movement?
    With what strength depend planned protests after protest guidelines (e.g. from the government)?
    Which are the milestones in protest culture?

If you have some more suggestions, feel free to write it down.

Thanks for recognizing
    ben
  2. Anonymous Member

WTF does this have to do with Scientology?
  3. bengrv Member

Sorry, I wasnt shure where to put in, so I choosed the "projects".
    Maybe somebody is able to move this Thread in a more fitting category.
  4. JohnnyRUClear Member

I'd probably try to answer the questions if I could understand them. They should be translated better.
  5. mongrel Member

Lol, another fag researching for his school paper (or maybe a "her", doesn't matter). And obviously translated from German. I never understood why you guys always run words together to make newwords (e.g. protestscene and protestmovement). Do you realize how hard that makes it for other people to understand your language? AAAARRRRGHH!!!

But I'll do my part to contribute to your research paper...

How do you define "The identity of protest"?
    I don't, personally. That is done after the fact by historians. And is particular to whichever protest is the topic of discussion.

Which properties are assign to protests most of all?
    If you are looking for an all-encompassing description of the reason why people protest, you're gonna have a bad day. Also take note of how I hyphenated "all-encompassing". It helps people understand the words you are using. Compare that to allencompossing.

Is protest alway against an existing system/movement?
    Not to be a dick, but this is a stupid question. For the first part, "existing", it is tautological to state that something must exist before it can be protested against. So it is simply a statement of the obvious. For the second part, it should be equally obvious that one not need to protest a "system". One can protest against individuals as well as groups of individuals.

With what strength depend planned protests after protest guidelines (e.g. from the government)?
    This question uses English words but the question itself is not English. Please rephrase.

Which are the milestones in protest culture?
    Again, this is something determined after the fact by historians.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1