Customize

Psychs: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Psychs: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

Let this be a placeholder for all the avalanche of media that will descend in Australia tomorrow, Wednesday.

And as we wait, let us sing along with the boys our joyful refrain:

THE PSYCHS ARE COMING!

Update:

Mod edit: Here's the original report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and a link to the audio of the radio segment from the AM show:

ABC News Article:
    Scientology 'putting lives at risk' - ABC News

ABC Radio's "AM"
    Transcript of "AM", Australian of the Year supports Senate Scientology probe 10/03/2010:
    MP3
    WMA (MMS)

News.com.au
    Scientology putting lives at risk, says Australian of the Year Pat McGorry | News.com.au
    The Independent Weekly
    Australian of the Year backs Scientology inquiry - National News - National - General - The Independent Weekly

SBS World News Australia
    World News Australia - Scientology 'dangerous' on mental health

Herald Sun
    Scientology's views on mental health could 'cost lives', says Professor Patrick McGorry, backing Nick Xenaphon | Herald Sun

Sydney Morning Herald
    McGorry backs Senate Scientology inquiry

The Age (Melbourne)
    Scientology puts lives at risk, says Australian of Year
  2. Optimisticate Member

Re: Wednesday = Winsday in Aus Media

Redneck subscribe to potentially epic thread and/or lulz.
  3. STC_SOCk2 Member

in this thread - wild speculation.

Also, could you be a bit more vague please?

wait: Am i missing something? Is Weds a special event in Aus? Something to do with a scn investigation?
  4. Re: Wednesday = Winsday in Aus Media

Moar?

popcon.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

I usually hate blue balls threads, but this is gonna be a good one.
  6. Anonymous Member

Nothing will happen on Wednesday. It will be a very ordinary day.
  7. Belladonna Member

When focused marketing hits the nail on the head:

picture37c.png
  8. Anonymous Member

Introducing
    Australian of the Year, 2010
    Professor Patrick McGorry, Psychiatrist

9. Belladonna Member

Doesn't get much more eppic than that.

picture41s.png

"headspace." lol
  10. Anonymous Member

Nice shirt.
  11. doz3r Member

ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

Mod edit: Here's the original report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and a link to the audio of the radio segment from the AM show:
    Scientology 'putting lives at risk' - ABC News
    Audio from the AM show: AM - Australian of the Year supports Senate Scientology probe 10/03/2010
    MP3: http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/audio/am/201003/20100310-am-6-scientology-mcgorry.mp3
    WMA: mms://media4.abc.net.au/winlibrary/audio/am/201003/20100310-am-6-scientology-mcgorry.wma

---
    Scientology putting lives at risk, says Australian of the Year Pat McGorry | News.com.au
    Hang on a minute Cyrus... you are a religion that is going into the field of mental health... without any training at all!

Oh thats right... you guys are the only ones that can help.
    --
  12. re: ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

"They're going into the field of religion and they're in the field of mental health,"
    Actually, when your religion f***s with your head and makes you do things that no civilized person would do, then it is a matter of mental health.
    God, there's such a taboo to absolutely not touch religion in whatever circumstances. That kind of thinking is also very dangerous.

I'm glad they're getting involved as well. I can't wait for the world to see the scilons rambling about psychiatric conspiracies. It wold be just another example of what an utter and complete lack of critical thinking and skepticism does to people.
  13. Anonymous Member

re: ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

The Anderson Report - Contents

Report of the Board of Enquiry into Scientology
    by Kevin Victor Anderson, Q.C.

Published 1965 by the State of Victoria, Australia

CHAPTER 23
    DANGERS TO MENTAL HEALTH

[...]

The danger to mental health is further emphasized by the peculiar basis of scientology. Its practitioners use techniques based on impossible theories and directed towards the treatment of "conditions" said to be brought about by completely fictitious circumstances. Based on fantasy, scientology has built up a body of "knowledge" which is fanciful and simply not true: thus scientology treats its imaginary "diseases" or conditions with its own fantastic procedures. The alarming feature is that real diseases and conditions do exist and often the fantastic scientology procedures are positively harmful to the real condition. It is like applying an oxy-welding torch to a leaking rubber tube to weld on a patch of rubber over a hole that does not exist, the real trouble being a leaking valve.

It is unnecessary to dwell further at any length on the harm which scientology has done and can do to the mental health of the community. It is not to be doubted that scientology techniques worsen and prolong the mental troubles of the mentally ill and that they produce in even a normal person disturbances and anxieties which may precipitate mental trouble.
  14. re: ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

I appreciate your quotation but what point were you trying to make? Supporting my statement or pointing out an innacuracy in it? I mean this sincerely. I intend no confrontation. :)
  15. Anonymous Member

and ABC news has it too
    Scientology 'putting lives at risk' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

amazing

as to the inquiry - majority uncertain, Xenophon won't let the issue go and reiterates determination:

Consider this as well (emphasis added):
  16. Belladonna Member

Add it into your senate harpoons, plox. Anderson Report too.

More
    The Independent Weekly
    Australian of the Year backs Scientology inquiry

http://www.independentweekly.com.au/news/national/national/general/australian-of-the-year-backs-scientology-inquiry/1772083.aspx?src=rss

SBS World News Australia
    Scientology 'dangerous' on mental health
    http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1210762/Scientology-%27dangerous%27-on-mental-health

Herald Sun
    Scientology's views on mental health could 'cost lives', says Professor Patrick McGorry, backing Nick Xenaphon

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/scientologys-views-on-mental-health-could-cost-lives-says-professor-patrick-mcgorry-backing-nick-xenaphon/story-e6frf7l6-1225838946108?from=public_rss
  17. re: ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

Really? Links, evidence :D

EDIT: Oh god, this just shows what a massive, massive noob I am. I thought you were talking about Anderson Cooper from CNN.......
    Nevermind.
    But he should do it too, of course.
  18. Anonymous Member

This story has a poll on the page regarding the need for a senate investigation.

This story also has a number of comments from the usual OSA socks, trying to say that scientology is just like all other religions.

Poons, plox!
  19. peterstorm Member

McGorry backs Senate Scientology inquiry

dianetics7fv.jpg
  20. ARC Member

21. Anonymous Member

I am a faggot.

The copy of the article (with poll) that needs pooning is here: Scientology putting lives at risk, says Australian of the Year Pat McGorry | News.com.au
  22. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

^ Poll (do we need an inquiry?) is 96% yes and 4% no.
  23. Anonymous Member

An hour ago it was 80 to 1 (99% in favour). It's now 92% to 7%.

Cocks.
  24. Belladonna Member

25. Zak McKracken Member

and severely vulnerable to faggotry

Yes 94.93% (206 votes)
    No 5.07% (11 votes)
  26. PodPeople Member

Just catching me breath, and counting this all up. When the sci crusaders come busting out of their idle org, they're gonna be so surprised that it's not like the old days. They might expect Ex's and Anons, but in addition...

They'll be surrounded by: Pscyhs, Nuns, Senators, Non-Sci Lawyers, World Wide Media reporters and cameras, curious and/or angry public. Have I left any group out? (personally, I'd be most afraid of those nuns)
  27. Barry41 Member

28. Relyt Member

29. PodPeople Member

re: Psychs: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

"All religions...(fill in the blank)" has been the script OSA has been using this whole last week of media shitstorm. It's been noted in some of the comments.
    I'd guess the new script will soon become "All psychs..."

Oh, and they're also pushing Amy Whine's House intermittently as well, still! lol
  30. Anonymous Member

re: Psychs: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

I know, I'm a newfag, but why should Wednesday be of particular concern again?
  31. Anonymous Member

Re: ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

Comments closed at 100
    ABC should take note they have a story with broad public interest.
  32. Anonymous Member

Re: Psychs: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

Transcript of "AM":

33. RightOn Member

"Are you obsessed by this?"

strange question to ask a senator (IMO) who is just showing concern for something.
    Do they ask the same question when other senators fight for other things? I doubt it
  34. Anonymous Member

OSA will be telling the members at the Briefing that the all of the negative press that is seen around the world which is heading towards a senate inquiry is caused by the suppressive persons and the psychs!!

Don't forget your cash/checkbook/credit-card for Scientology to rape so we can place an scathing ad that cost about a hundred thousand dollars in the New York Times, that will show them. Or lets have private investigators to stalk everybody who works at ABC, NY Times, NBC, and everybody who reported on us!!
  35. Anonymous Member

36. Belladonna Member

Was this what the Winsday thing was?

Sorry, we just won't be satisfied until we can have a nine hour commercial-free documentary and footage of handcuffs being passed around :)
  37. anonhuff Member

Re: ABC: "Scientology Putting Lives At Risk"

This article Scientology 'putting lives at risk' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) quoted him slightly differently, slightly more threatening sounding:

emphasis mine

edit: ahaha dianetics.jpg is so perfect here I'm going to add it again because looooollll

dianetics7fv.jpg
  38. eddieVroom Member

39. Anonymous Member

I am not sure how I missed the article in the OP until now, but this rocks. Pure Awesomeness.
  40. Anonymous Member