Customize

Purification rundown leaflets delivered London door-to-door

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Horseradish, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Horseradish Member

Just been handed a 4-side A4 scilon leaflet pushing the purification rundown, delivered to a friend in SE London this week.

Will scan and upload today, but wondering if this is a new thing or not.

First page mentions nothing about scilontology - it's all about your toxic shit - then page 2 is all about purif, then Elron book pushed on page 3, along with the two London scilon venues. Peter Hodkin is the scilon rep listed on the small print on the final page, using the usual Australian non-profit.
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Horseradish Member

• Like Like x 13
  3. Perfecto Member

There's irony in there somewhere.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Anonylemmi Member

Toxic waste dump. They got that part right, just not the location. They need to look a little closer to home.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Perfecto Member

What they ought to say is give up the drugs , drinking and smokes and the money you save give it to us so that we can poison your mind.

Put it that way and the punters will soon see through it.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. RightOn Member

I always said never underestimate the power of one of their leaflets.
    I remember reading an ex's story (from the UK) who said he got into the COS via a leaflet left in his letter box.
    These things do work.:(
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Horseradish Member

My informant was actually drawn in by the first page, and then turned over and spotted Elron.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. DeathHamster Member

Downstream of Saint Hill would be a good start.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. afternon Member

It must be time to raid and flier London against the cult!
    • Like Like x 6
  10. At over $30,000.00 a head for LRH Quack-Tech,
    there's over $300,000.00 worth of suckers/'patients'
    crammed into this germ-infested cesspool @ Narconon
    th?id=HN.608042067805867630&pid=15.1.jpg
    The Narconon Way: No meds, up to 5 hours a day
    in 150-degree saunas and ingestion of medically
    dangerous toxic levels of niacin and other LRH
    insane vitamin concoctions without proper medical
    supervision.
    th?id=HN.607986490926435893&pid=15.1.jpg
    'Dr.' L. Ron Hubbard shown here conducting his
    'research' for the Narconon Purification Rundown
    and so on and so forth, haruuummmpphhhh.......

Scientology's Naronon is one of its biggest cash cows,
    imean one of its largest multi-million dollar
    tax-deductible humanitarian contributions to society.
    Clam-Scam: Let the buyer beware that Narconon's 70%
    success rate is a total lie. It's called fraud on a massive scale.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. fishypants Moderator

Advertising Standards Authority has jurisdiction ( http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/What-we-cover.aspx ).
    Make your complaint online:

http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

Top tips:
    • Be very specific about the claims you wish to challenge
    • Keep it brief and tightly-focussed on challenging untrue claims
    • Then leave it to the ASA to assess the 'research' that the advertisers provide. They're pretty rigorous.
    Example:

• The advertiser claims: "Drugs are essentially poisons and take their toll on your body by eating up its stores of vitamins and minerals". I do not believe the advertiser has robust evidence to support this claim.
    • The advertiser claims: "The SCIENTOLOGY Purification Programme can get rid of the devastating effects of drugs and toxins". I do not believe the advertiser has robust evidence to support this claim.
    • The advertiser claims: "The Purification Rundown can rid you of the harmful effects of drugs and other toxins". I do not believe the advertiser has robust evidence to support this claim.
    And so on and so forth.

An ASA ruling against the purification rundown would be a really good press victory for us - this mailing contains loads of unsupportable claims, so it's very vulnerable - this is a good place for us to expend effort.

PS The standard they're assessing against is here:
    http://www.cap.org.uk/Advertising-Codes/Non-broadcast-HTML.aspx
    and section 12 (Medicines / health)
    http://www.cap.org.uk/Advertising-C...ical-devices,-health-and-beauty-products.aspx
    and section 14 (food supplements / health / nutrition)
    http://www.cap.org.uk/Advertising-C...-associated-health-or-nutritional-claims.aspx
    are particularly relevant.
    tl;dr: Ads must be legal, decent, honest and truthful. So the easiest way to get a ruling is to spot specific sections of text that are untrue, and focus your complaint on them.
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Where in SE London?
  13. fishypants Moderator

It's a relevant question but OP you might want to reply to this by PM or not at all, in order to retain anonymity.

A-non-non-anon, the ASA does not pass the complainant's details to the advertiser, so the cult could have difficulty saying "no, we didn't deliver leaflets to that area", because they won't know the complainant's address. Hopefully.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 8
  15. Perfecto Member

You are a veritable goldmine of information.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Horseradish Member

I give the location; note it is *not* where I live.

London borough of Lambeth.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. The Internet Member

Page1.JPG

Disgusting anti-liver hate speech.

My own liver is deeply offended at the implication that it cannot detox my body with its advanced, specialized chemical factory. And it finds the idea of taking cancer causing vitamins ridiculous. Plus the mega niacin and sauna dehydration program is giving it nightmares.

Please, people. Just say “no” to Narconon and say “yes!” to your own liver.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. RavennahBlack Member

I'd sooner trust my liver to Hannibal Lecter than even consider this... It's truly horrifying to even imagine all the weak willed morons (Sorry Tom Cruise...NOT) that actually fall for this crap. I agree with the paper only that we are inundated with chemicals daily... but really?? A potentially dangerous chemical and a 5 hour session in a sauna will only lead to dehydration... not the cure. It is TRULY amazing how naive some people are...
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DeathHamster Member

"* Information from the Science Detox website", but they don't give a link? Odds are they mean some bumf from one of their own sites.
    • Like Like x 1

20. They're known for setting up Stress Tests in Brixton; must be a cultie or two living out that way.

At one point, we had a local Anon who was making sure the local Christian churches were informed, so they could keep a look out.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. The Internet Member

And we have doubled our life spans compared to people living a hundred years ago. So good for the chemicals, eh?

But watch out for DHMO. That shit is deadly. http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:
    • Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
    • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
    • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
    • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
    • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
    • Contributes to soil erosion.
    • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
    • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
    • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
    • Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
    • Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
    • Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. RavennahBlack Member

Yes. .. Water is dangerous. .. so is stupidity. Love you too
    PS...ive been using the DHMO thing on my kids forever.. too bad you had to waste all that time typing... for a snarky comment that doesn't do anything but make me want to laugh... loudly... at you...
  23. Anonymous Member

+7/10
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Internet Member

I’m just sick of the toxin meme.

Sure there are poisons and carcinogens in our environment. And they aren’t all man made. Natural selection favored a few plants that were good at killing things that liked to eat them.

But 99% of the time when I see the word “toxin” in print, it is in some subversive propaganda designed to make the public worried so they will be more inclined to mistrust doctors and established systems of regulation in favor of pseudoscientists promoting quackery.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. moxie Member

^^Made my day^^

I've put a lot of work into turning my body into a toxic waste dump and I'm keeping it that way. TYVM.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Horseradish Member

Oh dears. It looks like some poor person has already been taken in by this or similar leaflet. Reports not good. :(
  27. RolandRB Member

Their Orgs are going to be packed with fresh raw meat :(
  28. afternon Member

Really? I somehow doubt this will get many more people into the cult and certainly no intelligent people with internet access!
  29. Anonylemmi Member

Just the people least able to afford it.
  30. From what I remember Brixton has a big West Indian/African community, and more than its fair share of gun/knife crime.

Those looking to detox in the area would likely be on the fringes of the drugtaking community, and if word gets round that $cientology is taking customers and their money it might not end well for the staffers.

Also: is there even a Narconon facility in the UK ??
  31. Anonymous Member

Narconon at the street level is gone from the UK.

What is being promoted here via the leaflet in the OP is the Purification Rundown.

All orgs have the sauna and running setup in place, because all the culties are expected to do and pay for a Purification Rundown.

To compensate for the legal battering that Narconon has taken Internationally, the "purif rundown" has been set up as a substitute for the Narconon programs and premises.

If you proxy up and visit Purification Rundown site www dot purif dot co dot uk, you will be presented with this page, selling quackery and a book:

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 7.48.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 7.48.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 7.49.14 PM.png

You'll find no mention of narconon anywhere on that page.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. The Internet Member

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 7.49.14 PM.png
    Vitamins cause cancer and the supplement industry knows this. They are an old neighborhood of pure evil. No wonder Hubbard found a home there.

33. afternon Member

I do hope not. What really needs doing is to map out the area where these leaflets were distributed and counter leaflet with the truth about the "pufication rundown"- that mega doses of niacin and long sessions in the sauna cause liver damage.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. RolandRB Member

The Putrefaction Rundown?
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Horseradish Member

Quite right, Night Owl.
    No mention at all of Narconon on the leaflet either.
    The only common denominator is Hodkin, who is the rep and contact for everything scilontology in the UK.

Narconon in the UK only do - ahem - education. So that's going into schools.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Horseradish Member

It's not Brixton.
  37. Horseradish Member

It doesn't have to be many though does it? On the same principle as spamming, boiler-room scams, 419 and all the rest. It only takes a few to make it worthwhile.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

And quite right you are, Horseradish.

I was too tired to include paragraphs about Peter Dwan and his crew of disinformation crusaders when I posted #31 ITT.

The invasion of the UK Public School System is horrifying.

This thread has been tracking Peter Dwan and company for quite some time:

The most recent page: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-uk.104129/page-9

The first page: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-uk.104129/

There has been some push-back and some of that has been initiated by UK Anons, but IMO, much more is needed.

When the heel of your boot is pushing down on the head of the snake and beginning to crush it, you don't lift your boot heel until the snake is dead, dead, dead.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. RolandRB Member

I think this is unfair competition. The Church of Scientology is running a medical detox programmer and charging good money for it but it has an unfair economic advantage over other private medical practices in the City of London because they are only paying 20% of the normal rates on their property due to the charitable relief they are getting.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. fishypants Moderator