Customize

Pussy Riot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

que pez mas gacho
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

5. Putin should have done what we do here: ignore it. By acting on it, he gave them power, like a Streisand Effect to the 10th power. They were in there for about a minute, recorded themselves dancing like idiots, then dubbed over a song protesting Putin and his puppet, Kirill I. In the US, that MIGHT qualify as trespassing, but given the short duration, good luck getting even that prosecution. They don't deserve prosecution, and they certainly don't deserve spending time in Russia's "justice" system. They do deserve our respect and our outrage at the treatment they have received.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I don't know. Putin managed to make them highly sympathetic. Besides, most of PR is getting attention.
  7. Perhaps, although I doubt it would cause as much outrage, but they would not have been arrested, much less serve any prison or jail time. The Federal Reserve is not a direct analogy, but the last time someone protested it, I didn't pay attention. I had to Google it to find the last time it happened, and it wasn't a big deal. If a synagogue, cathedral, or other holy place were being protested for propping up a brutal dictatorship and the protest were in my area, I would have been there with them. The outcry is and should be against Putin, not against Pussy Riot. Why do I want to hear a news anchor say "Pussy Riot"? That still makes me giggle every time I think of "very serious people" saying those words.
  8. 267193C0.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

I suggest you try it in your country and see what happens. I'll be right here LMAO @u.
  10. Anonymous Member

This is what happens in my country
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/...m-Geert-Wilders-Church-Lecture-on-Free-Speech
    Not arrested for one time protest.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

Putin himself could have ignored the revolting vagina thing, but the religious public were offended, so something had to be done. You cannot compare the US and Russia. Sensibilities differ, and what is offensive or obscene in one community may not be in another. Even USfags will agree that this is how obscenity laws, etc., are decided upon.

US = / = rest of the world
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. Anonymous Member

So, on a certain level, there offense is they are guilty of making a vulgar prayer to Mary Magdalene.
    I wish we could get Mary on the phone and find out what she thinks of all of this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. muldrake Member

Unless you're in some fascist shithole, what happens is pretty simple. The cops show up and tell you to leave. If you don't, maybe they throw you out by force. Maybe they arrest you. In most cases, it's thrown out before trial and they issue a stet and otherwise, if you don't break the law for six months or so, the case goes away. Even if you do get convicted, it's of simple trespass and you get fined.

Not sure what fucked up shithole you live in, but that's what happens in sane countries.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

No, it was the Virgin Mary. Please get your fictitous bullshit religious figures stright.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Sane countries? Like that one superpower that goes around killing innocent people at weddings by joystick?
    Fuck you, civilised condoner of murder.
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

Still wondering where you live, where protest in a church leads to the Gulag.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Dude, stifle the drama. Gulag = prison.

Like I said, try this same exact stunt in a holy place in your country and see what happens. No more talk.

I'm waiting.
  20. Anonymous Member

See links about to AIDS protest in church and anti-Israel protest in church, your waiting is at an end.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

English... do you speak it, motherfucker?

You stupid or just trolling?
  22. Anonymous Member

Please forgive me, Anonymous.
    I was wrong.
    :p
  23. Anonymous Member

This is a tiny derail... I wonder what you may think about the story about the Rothko that was defaced at the Tate Museum .. Some guy scrawled his signature on it. And, yeah this is old news already.
    Rothko_2362566b.jpg
  24. And yet, the Streisand Effect is universal. A small kindness would have made him look like Ivan the Great to people who still remember the brutality of Soviet life.
  25. The Onion was right: Jesus was a rape baby that was one of Mourdoch's "gifts".
  26. Greta, you talk much about Pussy Riot.
    You said above, "I don't know. Putin managed to make them highly sympathetic".
    1. If you don't know, how you can state with confidence?
    2. If you know where are the DOX that Putin "managed to make them ..."
    3. What do you REALLY KNOW what's been going on in Russia (let's say, recent years) to speak with certainty about issues such as Pussy Riot?
    4. What do you base you views and opinions re Putin, Kirill 1, Pussy Riot on?
    5. Don't you think that news may be a bit twisted, to be looked at as more scandalous?

(I have more questions to you in regards to your posts above but will be more than happy if you answered at least some of 1.-5.)
  27. To me, Pussy Riot's message was not better than:
    "We are full of shit, so join us."

Let me go puke.
  28. Anonymous Member

^ No Cool they had Guts or Pussy they Stood Up for What They Believed In.

You on the other hand along with the other arm-chair commandos do not, live with that:eek:
  29. Yeah, they "stood up for what they believed in". - Like Scientologists vs. Anonymous.

I, on the other hand, sitting in my chair, see that they (Pussy Riot gals) are stupid and can't understand where they live. And I see, unfortunately, many others who protest instead of living.

To tell you the truth, I grew up in FAR worse conditions here than under Putin.

If protesting is a fad of these days, ok. But I'm not with it. I'll support an idea but not a protester who is disrespectful at the least.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Liar. You do nothing around here but protest against protesting. How's that working out for you btw?
  31. Anonymous Member

The foum is called WHY WE PROTEST
    Dear world, please protest repsectfully..... LOL!!!!
  32. Yes. I guess I protest against protesting. But I protest against protesting that doesn't imply and has no purpose of creating positive changes.
    Maybe I'm mistaken. But:
    - OWS protested corporations but had nothing positive to offer instead.
    - Chanology protests Scientology but offers to other "chewtoy" for those who want to become better and make this world a better place.
    - Pussy Riot protested Putin and the Orthodox Church but had nothing good to offer.
    The list can be continued... yet I hope you get the idea.

Also, please do not take me personally or too seriously. - Consider it me thinking aloud.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  33. iraniam Member

'South Park' Enlists Christ To 'Free Pussy Riot,' Stand Up To Belarus's Tanks

• Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Fuck Pussy Riot and Iraniam, both paid from the same box. That is all.
    Anonymous
    This message by Anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  35. Anonymous Member

What a great idea. I'll start with the latter. Iraniam, you available? At least to have internet babies?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

Pussy riot sooooooooo last week.
  38. Anonymous Member

Anonymous
    This message by Anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  39. iraniam Member

Moscow Court Designates Pussy Riot Videos As 'Extremist'

http://www.rferl.org/content/pussy-riot-video-extremist-russia/24784613.html
  40. Anonymous Member

If "Pussy Riot" had done what they did in an Orthodox cathedral, in a mosque, there would be nothing left to discuss... right, Iraniam?

What's your stake in this controversy, I wonder? With Iran, it has no bearing.
    • Agree Agree x 1