Customize

Pussy Riot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2012.

1. iraniam Member

You Don't Like it, Don't Read it. Simple as that.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. father Member

Religion is a VERY touchy subject. Any religion (besides Buddhism).
    If one were to do what Pussy Riot did in a mosque, as if "protesting one of Muslim leaders", they would be undoubtedly eaten alive.
    Look at the news about creators of Innocence of Muslims video (6 of them were sentenced to death in Egypt). - The BEST parallel here.

That Pussy Riot protested Putin regime is just a justificiation that stinks worse than being full of shit. - Just ask yourself, "WHY protest Putin in a church?" - Having answered that, you will undoubtedly see what I see.
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

IMHO the Putin government used the reactionary Russian Orthodox church to censor anti-Putin dissent. Unless Putin's government is one with the ideology of the Russian Orthodox church ALL THE TIME.
  6. Anonymous Member

If KGB didn't get some use from the church then it wouldn't still exist.
  7. Anonymous Member

The post that kicked off this shit storm was about the Russian government banning Pussy Riot videos
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

Pussy Riot is fail.
    No one cares, least of all the presumptive villain of the piece, Vladimir Putin.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

Then why aren't they free?
  13. Anonymous Member

At least you can tell one GWAR from another LOL
    and they have someone to tune their guitars
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

You're saying that prison is WIN?
    not sure if trolling or just fucking idiot.jpg
  15. Anonymous Member

No. If Putin didn't care about Pussy Riot they would not be jailed.
  16. Anonymous Member

Ah, right. He bypassed the entire Russian criminal justice system to pass sentence on them.
    That wouldn't happen to be in the same way that Obama is doing to Bradley Manning, is it? Just askin'.
  17. father Member

Your logic sequence is FAIL.

There is NO connection between Putin and Pussy Riot. - Just your news and your imagination (dumbness).
  18. Anonymous Member

So we agree that Putin bypassed the Russian judicial system to muzzle dissent, much like the US government has bypassed civil rights to keep him incarcerated and tortured.
  19. Anonymous Member

No, we don't agree, faggot, which was the point of my post. Nice try, though.
  20. Anonymous Member

so Bradley Manning is to government secrecy as Pussy Riot is to....sex with chicken?
  21. Anonymous Member

Why should they be free? - They were stupid and are stupid, - Give me ONE reason they are good girls.
  22. Anonymous Member

They don't have to be good girls to be free, unless Bad Girl is now a crime in Russia?
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Pique Member

25. father Member

How come there is connection between Putin and Pussy Riot?
    - Oh, I know! It's all because of the news. The news (media) that created that connection and they keep sucking on it. For you.
  26. father Member

DO NOT WANT!
  27. Please explain who the woman is in this video, and what she has to do with Pussy Riot. Because she sure as hell isn't Tolokonnikova, Alyokhina or Samutsevich, nor do I see them anywhere in the video.

This was an action by Voina after the future Pussy Riot members had split from them, but before Pussy Riot actually existed.

Maybe you think the Sex Pistols are the same group as Public Image and the Beatles are the same group as Wings too?
  28. Anonymous Member

Who give a flying fuck? That's Russian internal business.
  29. Anonymous Member

30. father Member

I believe Pussy Riot did their thing(s) solely for the lulz (+publicity).
    It ended up:
    Since then people around the world have been thinking, writing and commenting on "the meaning" of what Pussy Riot did. - Well, there is NONE.
  31. Anonymous Member

US AID paid Pussy Riot to disrupt Russian culture. Prove this wrong.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  32. father Member

I tend to agree with you on that. Yet, I have no DOX or else to support it. Who does?
    It's likely that Pussy Riot went to do their thingie just because someone told them to, pushed them to, paid them to.
    It's likely that they were just marionettes of some powers who has some serious money to make others do what they wish (or have as a part of the plan).
  33. Anonymous Member

Well, it's a theory based on the result. I mean, what could they possibly have hoped to achieve besides their own arrest and incarceration? Had they asked a Russian attorney, s/he would have advised them against what they did on that basis. Political martyrdom doesn't work so well in Russia, particularly for the type of display they put on. Solzhenitsyn, it ain't.
  34. Anonymous Member

Dox or you know...

Or a more likely scenario: They went out, did what they did, got arrested, and did this all in order to both draw free publicity for their album, themselves, and the crap going on there without any form of external funding/influence.

Want proof? Look at their record sales before and after the incident. Look also no further than this thread as proof of the free attention they got.
  35. Anonymous Member

Yeah, could have been just a stupid fucking publicity stunt. If so, no need to take it as a serious political protest and just shelve it as vodka-fueled shenanigans.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. father Member

We don't know for sure. And, I guess, never will. - In Russia it's always like that: you think it's A, but it's almost always B (or C or D or ...). - Russia is MYSTERIOUS (for the sake of a correct word describing Russia and Russians).

But, for the sake of the discussion, we can make our guesses about Pussy Riot. Forever.

Look at Tolokonnikova's face. - She seems to be happy after being arrested and sentenced. It makes me think that she ...

P.S. I don't see them (Pussy Riot) as being talented. Anyone disagrees?
  37. iraniam Member

The FP Top 100 Global Thinkers

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/11/26/the_fp_100_global_thinkers?page=0,15
  38. Anonymous Member

Pure shit. Fuck you.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

Now they can each write a book, like Gandhi, et al, and shew forth their greatness LMAO