Customize

Quebec City CCHR-scientology protest/Anonymous counter-protest

Discussion in 'Canada' started by peterstorm, May 4, 2016.

1. peterstorm Member

April 30th 2016

See thread:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/quebec-city-cchr-protest-april-30th-2016.131624/

---------------
    Counter-protest was pretty uneventful. I don't think they predicted Anonymous would be there. Police was there so no bullbaiting happened. The word scientology was nowhere on their signs.

Videos:

In front of the psychiatric institute.

They are yelling: "The house that makes people crazy!", "Psychiatiy is not a science." and "Psychiatry is a fraud."

The flyer reads: "Denounce the abuses and human rights violations in the mental health domain."

IMG_0012_zpslcdwtcoj.jpg

Signs read: "Generation destroyed"

IMG_0023_zpsya6hj8rs.jpg

My sign reads: "Scientology is harmful to mental health."

IMG_0019_zpsodeh2k6z.jpg

Signs say: "Investigate and denounce abuses and violations in the mental health domain", "Being normal is not profitable to psychiatry", "Quebec, champion of Ritalin", "No science".
    • Like Like x 8
  2. The Internet Member

The Scientologists say they are against the abuses of psychiatry. But then they go ahead and denounce the whole of it. So I think they are against more than just the abuses. I wish they would say as much.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. RightOn Member

They are so proud to be part of the CCHR
    But not proud enough to say it has anything to do with Scientology.
    Because they know damn well if any of those signs said Scientology on them, they would not only be taken seriously, it would mean a whole different thing to passers by.
    Flunk!
    Scammers scamming
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyRUClear Member

Oh look! It's a sidewalk convention of the irony-immune.
    • Like Like x 3