Customize

Questions about WWP and technology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSpy, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Well I would love too... (note skeptical cautious tone) but uh, about those mystery files downloading on my phone...
  2. You might want to pin a comment noting entering the captcha first posts an empty comment like mine above. Apologies.
  3. Just some feedback: I think I get why there is no search tool but that creates the need for an alternative. An example:

I followed your advice and did not find a related thread in how to.

Then I tried think tank. 120+ pages! GROAN! I will check them, time available, but that is daunting. If it were myself, something I do with my own wikis, once it gets beyond a certain number of pages I process the topic into separate subtopics where it makes sense. And it invariably makes sense.

Communication that is not effective is lost.

No offense, great forum.

4. Disambiguation for Disambiguation LOL:
    Thank you. I was referring to that but more along the lines of original R&D.
  5. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The forum is set up for real members, not visitors.
    The downloading file to your phone, I have no idea. It's never happened to me.
    if you want to be active here make an account and don't use your phone. I'm sure you can work your way through 120 pages if you care, or you can make an account if you care. Suggestions from a guest for how WWP can change to suit guest posters Is not relevant to the purpose of WWP.
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

7. Disambiguation Global Moderator

~TheSpy
  8. [IMG]
  9. Your talking to one of few people that would look at all 120 pages, that is not the point.

This is about rallying people to your causes, if you care.

This is about effective communications, if you care.

This is about avoiding endless reletition of posts and questions and its impact on moderators and users, if you care.

This is about not driving people off your site, if you care.

I'm sorry if you took offense to my remarks. My intention was to provide feedback on the site for improvement. We all need to accept some realities about the internet not related to caring about a cause.
  10. Why is there no search engine BTW? Resources or anonymity?
  11. Anonymous Member

There is one. Humble but still. Scroll up to the top of the page. Look to the right corner. See? This little box with "Search..." inside. Click on it. Come on, don't be shy. I know you want it. Click it. Do you feel the power that comes with it? You can now search ALL WWP (except Dome but hey, nobody's perfect)!
  12. Hedorah Global Moderator

You have to be logged into have access to the search button. Membership has its privileges and it seems the search button is one of them.

Toss up a proxy or two and hop on here

Have you been to GitHub?

I'm wondering if a tech area wouldn't just turn into my OS is better than your OS bitch fight.

If you had something bizarre happen when on site send me the information you do not mind sharing and I will get it to the right person. What sort of phone, what is the OS on the phone, the names of the files downloaded, etc. I'm not saying your right or wrong on this, but more information is needed. I just set up an account on my android and had no problem. I do have an older OS by choice.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I sure your right about the bitch fight LOL. Lots of forums for that elsewhere.

I was interested in tech to and stategies to defeat law enforcement's interference with peaceful protest. Particularly phone apps.
  14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Moved from the Introduce yourself here thread.
  15. Yes. There are some apps with potential that stream to the cloud. Buggy and short on the requirements but a possible spot to collaborate.

I think this is the place to talk to ppl and find out what THEY need though.

This is also a place where ppl are giving careful thought to their safety and how to protect it too.
  16. One more post... Great policy on the search function by the way. Best of both worlds. Features and security in balance.
  17. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 1