Customize

Random Thoughts on Ordinance 884

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by xenubarb, Jan 13, 2009.

1. xenubarb Member

Random Thoughts on Ordinance 884

There are now areas designated as "residential" on Gold Base. As such, certain other ordinances apply.

The Noise Ordinance. This could totally shut down the Gold Note, and should.
    There is an ordinance prohibiting the use of barbed wire or razor wire in residential areas.
    The cult spokesthingie, a Ms. Fraser, who addressed the Board of Supervisors stated that the "residences" on Gold Base do not have kitchens.

This raises the question, what legally defines a "residence?" Is an apartment without a kitchen truly a residence?

Just a few things that make me go "hmmm..."
  2. Skeptic1337 Member

Re: Random Thoughts on Ordinance 884

The kitchen one not so much since you could have a communal kitchen.

The barbed wire though. That's an excellent point.

Either to have them take it down or to clarify if the zoning of that area is correct.
  3. TheBitch Member

^^ This is why $cilons need to learn that they should not make public speeches! She thought she could diss the 1st Amendment and walk away without getting a question tossed her way, and they wasn't softballs for a change.

$cilons should be unseen and not heard, if they want to truly change the paradigm. The question is how long can they financially sustain a prolonged siege of total silence and zero political fucktardary? They think nobody will discover all their lobby conversations and political glad-handing? Nao they'll go to the "paper bags full of large sums of cash tech" would be my next guess. On the enforcement side if anywhere, that's where they will try to buy influence nao... with whatever coin they can muster.
  4. Top Grunge Member

Yes! She admitted certain buildings were residences!

Who to contact about razor wire fencing/bars on inside of windows? Now that they have publicly stated they are residences, they are breaking some housing rules I am sure. What department in California deals with housing issues, it is time to make em hurt and learn you don't mess with Anonymous.
  5. anonymous1312 Member

^^^
    THIS
  6. Jinkii Member

AO really needs to uninvite himself from these meetings, i wonder who he thinks he is helping with his bullshit, its like that MK ULTRA stuff, it may very well be true but im damned if im going to repeat any of it to anyone until i get incontraventable proof of it.
    Other than that it was an awesome event, what made it even sweeter was the fact the $cilons hung themselves out to dry with their arrogance towards the freedoms guaranteed to every US citizen by the constitution, the fact they believed they could say whatever they liked and it would still stand was delicious.
    Especially when they tried the same crap they pulled on henson "their presence made me scared real scared, miles away at another location which was nothing to do with the matter at hand" fantastic
  7. terryeo2 Member

There are also rooming issues, fire codes, and sanitation ordinances to be considered. What is the size of the "residences?" And is that size within the law to hold the alleged 500 people that are in there?

Max occupancy for the fire marshal. Too many people in one place can cause a sewage issue...
  8. Top Grunge Member

9. abattoir13 Member

I am not from the west coast so forgive any geo. ignorance ....with the "gold note" they spew out of the loudspeakers could the d.p.a or any fish and wildlife officers tag them for noise violation to to the disturbance of local wildlife that could be impacting the areas fishing/hunting? I know sure as Hell if they pulled that shit in the area I grew up that it would ruin hunting for deer and other animals (cuz' the noise will scare them off). If I was living in that area I would complain to the local fish/game wildlife officers about the "gold note"...carry on.... /rant
  10. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

I for one, like the Gold Note
  11. Re: Random Thoughts on Ordinance 884

I think it's remarkable that 500 people live in quarters without any sort of kitchen/food area... And that they have to all walk to a cafeteria to eat. Kind of like a military.

Shit, even college dorms have a kitchen area.
  12. Da Sandmastah Member

500 people? It has got to be way less than that.
  13. Top Grunge Member

I lived in a dorm with no kitchen for 2 years. Not uncommon at all.

If they say 500 people I will take them at that value. More people crammed into a few buildings and breaking housing rules.

Edit* for next comment by terryeo2:

Well, that number may be what I passed along.
  14. terryeo2 Member

That # is just what they say. Who knows if it is true or not, since we can't go in there and get a head count.
  15. Top Grunge Member

I got this email response concerning questions I posed. Keep in mind I inquired about employee housing rules of California; this does not address local or county laws. Also this is assuming Employee housing which they state usually applies to agricultural housing.

Basically, NOT illegal to have razor wire. Bars on windows MUST have release hatch. 50 sq ft for each occupant, 4 feet between bunks

The whole exchange, their response in bold:

16. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

^ Not illegal but... weird, since it's on the inside.
  17. francie Member

18. themadhair Member

Is it possible to show mathematically that the 500 protesters simply cannot squeeze into the space at Gold without violating these guidelines?

Can someone pull up the building plans?
  19. Top Grunge Member

why would 500 protesters squeeze into it? you mean Scilons?

Biggest thing is someone with knowledge, like Francie use the form through the link I submitted to file a complaint. Dunno if you can stay anonymous, but you could probably work it out with them to remain so. The 3 bunks high is a no no in all of California.

USE IT! THE LAW IS BEING BROKEN!
  20. themadhair Member

I mean the scifags.

Their are two possibly good outcomes here:
    1) The figure of 500 is demonstrated to be an exaggeration.
    2) They are demonstrable breaking the law.
  21. subgenius Member

Most places have a requirement for a certificate of occupancy. This should be investigated and obtained if it exists. If it doesn't, they got problems. They'd need a building inspector to go in there.