Customize

Rape Culture Initiative

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

We need this.
  2. PresidentShaw Member

Yes, more rape!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. WMAnon Member

I don't think this is the right environment. There are other places to push this one.
  4. Anonymous Member

Like where? We certainly have momentum here. And raep jokes..meh.
  5. Anonymous Member

6. PresidentShaw Member

While I support innitiatives against rape culture, you'd need to come up with an actual plan instead of just posting a thread saying ''we need this'' and magically just waiting for it to happen.

Just a thought.

Also lol code pink:
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Boris Korczak Member

Rape is a cowardly thing to do.
    It is also a crime, an act of detruction for own satisfaction and years in prison as a final action.
    Stay safe.
    BK
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Anonymous Member

Magick
    Anon protests at Steubenville
    Anons bump discussions about Sandusky
    Anons calling Silsbee
    Anons sending pennies
    Anons discussing it ad nauseum and bumping the topic
    Anons sending faxes to Silsbee.
    The thread would be a good place to collect other ideas.
    Bump discussion of pedophile priests
    Aanons work against pedos (yes, rape)

Silsbee is old but Bain is still paid 6 figures.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

http://exscn.net/content/view/72/101/
    Tommy Gorman - Rape cover-up

http://gawker.com/5542859/scientologists-accused-of-covering-up-11 year old-girls-rape-updated
    Scientologists Accused of Covering Up 11-Year-Old Girl’s Rape (Updated)

The Church of Scientology is having a Vatican moment. A woman in Australia is claiming her stepfather, a senior Scientology member, raped her repeatedly for years, and Church leaders protected him and blamed the crime on her. Updated with video.

[SMH]
    ZOMGOGGLES
    19 May 2010 3:55 PM
    But when planned parenthood covers up underage rape, I guess that's ok.
    promoted by superbunny
    superbunny @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: What does that have to do with this?

BadUncle @superbunny

@superbunny: It's called trolling.

snowwhitebev @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: huh?

ZOMGOGGLES @superbunny

@superbunny: Its funny that planned parenthood does the same thing, but Gawker never runs any stories about them.

1195907_32.jpg AngriestGeek @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Is that what they taught you at Christian Camp?

1706065_32.jpg Capricornucopia @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Sometimes girls who are younger than 16 have sex. (I was one of them, I lost my virginity when I was 15.) If the boy is the same age and the girl was perfectly willing, I can't see how that can be called rape. Quite often, girls that age don't know what they're doing, and get pregnant unintentionally. (I was in that position at 15, too, and had an abortion. I'm 26 now, I've had a lot of sex and a number of different partners since then, and I've never had a second unintentional pregnancy. I learned from my mistake!) Those girls who are pregnant at 15 deserve to get help from Planned Parenthood, and without their parents being notified.

That is NOT Planned Parenthood hiding 'underage rape'.

Go post on a blog for Fox News fans and 'Teabaggers', and stop trolling a blog for more liberally minded people.

BTW- Scientology is EVIL.
    promoted by heywhat
    bigazzkid @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Seriously, what are you talking about? Is someone within the organization raping a child and its being covered up at its highest levels? Are clients raping their children and its being covered up by Planned Parenthood? Be specific! When you put out an allegation like this the least you can do is provide a link, especially since you said Gawker won't cover the story. Please explain further.
    Edited by bigazzkid at 05/19/10 4:31 PM
    ZOMGOGGLES @bigazzkid

@bigazzkid: [www.foxnews.com]

Ten seconds more of Googling will find dozens of links like this.

ZOMGOGGLES @Capricornucopia

@Capricornucopia: I'm not sticking up for Scientology, and I'm not talking about kids having sex with other kids.

There are numerous cases, however, of underage girls (13, 14 years old) going into planned parenthood and telling them that the guy that got them pregnant was 20, 3o, 40 years old and planned parenthood doing nothing with that information.

That is called covering up statutory rape.

superbunny @BadUncle

@BadUncle: Thanks. Now that you mention it, I've seen this one before, mumbling stormfront freeperish nonsense on another thread.

Capricornucopia @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Wow. Of course you link to Fox News. I mentioned Fox News in my previous reply, didn't I? I'm fucking psychic.

Planned Parenthood exists to help girls and women with unplanned pregnancies, namely to help them get abortions and to obtain birth control. And yes, they'd do the same for a 14 year old.

I have yet to see what the 'cover up' is.

Now, this is my last reply to a troll.

Oh, look, over there! It's a Sarah Palin book signing! She's blowing kisses at you!

It's so easy to distract a 'social conservative'!

AmendmentForOne @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: There aren't numerous cases of such, actually. What you're referring to, and have actually cited with your links, is that there are numerous cases of Pro-Life groups such as Live Action calling Planned Parenthood facilities and pretending to be underage females while recording and editing the video in O'Keefe-esque manners to claim that they're covering up statutory rape.

[IMG] figarophillips @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Implying Gawker shows bias in failing to cover PP stories but covering this Scientology story suggest that the circumstances are otherwise exactly equivalent, which isn't really the case. As said above, the Scientology case involves repeated rape and shaming committed by members of the organization. The PP controversies are problematic but are considered by many to be more ambiguous than the links would suggest and have been accordingly covered and dissected on Jezebel.
    MissNormaDesmond approved this comment

@Capricornucopia: Right, because Fox just makes news stories up out of thin air. You sound like an idiot.

Do five minutes of googling and you'll find plenty of videos and stories about this, if you find Fox news so offensive to your high-minded sensibilities.

And if you think its fine for an adult to be aware of a 13 year old girl getting pregnant by a 31 year old guy and not notify anyone about it, then you should take a good hard look at your values as a human being. It has nothing to do with abortion or being a 'social conservative' (whatever the hell that is), its just common sense.

ZOMGOGGLES @AmendmentForOne

@AmendmentForOne: Hm, most people call that 'investigative journalism'. But I guess unless 60 Minutes does it, its all just nonsense.

There is no way to trick-edit the fact that the Planned Parenthood staff didn't notify authorities (or anyone else) when they thought they had a statutory rape case.

Capricornucopia @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Oh, yeah, 'fair and balanced' Fox News- the same 'fair and balanced' Fox News that got people thinking that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and that his health care reform may include 'death panels' for the elderly.

@Capricornucopia: I probably watch a lot more Fox than you do, and I can tell you that they've said neither of those things. You should stop listening to Maddow, Stewart and Olbermann so much, because they lie and distort just as much as you'd like to believe anyone on Fox does.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that planned parenthood covers up statutory rape.

AmendmentForOne @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: Then why didn't you call it investigative journalism?
    Edited by AmendmentForOne at 05/19/10 5:09 PM
    bigazzkid @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: I understand what you're saying, and if Planned Parenthood isn't reporting obvious cases of child sexual abuse, something is very wrong. However, there's a difference between this and repeated cover ups of sexual abuse by high-ranking members of an organization, against the children who belong to that organization. It's just not the same thing.

If you think Planned Parenthood's actions are worthy of equal discussion (it's certainly an interesting topic) I hope you send these links and your opinions directly to the editors in #tips instead of just launching obscure complaints in the comments section. That way, all Gawker commenters can have an actual discussion about it rather than jacking this thread. Good luck with the effort.

And thanks for the link. People seriously look like wack jobs or trolls when they don't back up dramatic accustions with easily accessible evidence.

tigolbitties @BadUncle

@BadUncle: indeed it is, i can't believe he hasn't been banned yet. so trifling!

HansAndFranz @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES:
    "Right, because Fox just makes news stories up out of thin air."

CONGRATULATIONS!
    You've just inadvertently quoted the mission statement of News Corporation!

(And i really want to make sweet sweet love to you for even entertaining the thought for a fraction of a second.)

949604_32.jpg DorothyBarker @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: I think the difference is that Scientology is protecting the MAN; IF PP does this repeatedly (and I'd like to see your sources; this sounds very vague and anecdotal) they are doing it to protect the GIRL and her privacy, which she deserves and Planned Parenthood promises. I can't imagine the situation where a girl would go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion AND tell the counselor that she was raped, and tell them who did it, AND say she wanted to prosecute, that the counselor wouldn't call the authorities.

1722635_32.jpg dr_bambi @DorothyBarker

@DorothyBarker: Exactly. If the information is shared with PP in the course of medical treatment, which is most likely the case, then PP is bound by law not to share that info w/o the patient's consent.

983255_32.jpg Sabbatai @Capricornucopia

@Capricornucopia: Planned Parenthood exists to limit the numbers of people of color.

You seem to hate Fox news and Palin which is awesome in my book. But you seem to overlook a great deal of Planned Parenthood's history.

[IMG] ArleenCabango @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: or it is a 13 year old girl lying about who it was. And Planned Parenthood has no jurisdiction to determine the truth. they aren't the cops.
    even your link to the dailycaller isn't a firm story. it is an 'apparent' tale. they concede that the whole thing could be bogus.
    As have many of the links that I find. they are either folks going in and trying to step up PP offices or reports of the videos, which believe that it could all be a setup and there have been no actual cases of underage girls 'confessing' their boyfriends are adults etc.

whereas here we have a case of a girl on record reporting repeated incestuous straight up rape and sexual child abuse committed by her own father. And not only did this 'church' cover it up but he basically got off with a hand slap

[IMG] ArleenCabango @ZOMGOGGLES

@ZOMGOGGLES: how do you know they didn't. Because they didn't make the call on the tapes. For all you know, they did call and the police looked into it and found no reason to believe the tale.

[IMG] HypocriticalOath @superbunny

@superbunny: Why do you promote the comment then question it? Signed, Confused.

[/quote]
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

http://nomoreliesscn.blogspot.com/2013/03/sexual-abuse-permitted-in-scientology.html

Friday, March 8, 2013

Sexual Abuse Permitted in Scientology

12. Anonymous Member

The point is this:

"the mother not report the incident to the proper authorities, because the church could "handle" his "aberration".

Rape culture allows people to think like this: Rape is thought of a aberration because sexual abuse is not a crime in these people's minds.
  13. WMAnon Member

What the shit is going on in this thread?
  14. rof Member

I got warned by the mods last time I went to rape.
  15. PresidentShaw Member

Want me to show you?
    Jvehqds.gif
  16. Anonymous Member

WTF? OP needs to stay in skool and learn to topic. Rape is. It should not be. What kind of 'initiative' do you recommend? I'm already with my rusted machete....
  17. qm.gif 3qd2p7.jpg
  18. Anonymous Member

"Rape culture" includes jokes about rape. Way to perpetuate the bullshit, "Mr. Enlightenment".
  19. PresidentShaw Member

The day you tell me what to joke about or not, is the day free speech will be dead.
    If you can't tell the difference between a joke and actual rape, you are the one who needs help.

Also since when is ''rape culture'' a new catchphrase?
    There is no ''rape culture'' there are rapists and people who cover them up, and they are a minority and not organized within a culturally identifiable group.

I don't think anyone here approves of rape, but please let's not go full retard.

And finally:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. WMAnon Member

With all due respect, Mr. President, rape culture is a thing. It's the thing that makes kids think that what happened in Steubenville was so bad for the rapists. The problem is that it's very easy to get such brittle skin when you're talking about it that jokes that are irrelevant to rape culture (Rof's, for example) get lumped in with ones about how funny it is that the passed out girl in the other room is getting raped right now.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. PresidentShaw Member

Fair enough, that being said I wouldn't call it rape culture as I would like to believe it is not widespread enough to be called that, for example, in the infamous ''guy is joking about rape that just happened'' steubenville video, even if it happened in a town that was arguably ''rape friendly'' (for the lack of a better term), and in a group of people who clearly didn't mind rape, you can hear one of the kids arguing that what they are doing is sick and wrong, and that it is an actual rape they are making fun of.

All I'm saying is let's not blow things out of proportion and act like rape is part of the american culture, because frankly, as much as I like to criticize america, I don't think it's that bad.
  22. WMAnon Member

Dude, you don't live here. It is that bad. Ask any American woman over the age of, let's say 25 if she's had her "oh shit, is this my rape?" moment. Not all of them will say yes, but there aren't many who will be confused by the question. It's a fun combination of sexually violent content in movies and television, backwards sex education, anti-feminism backlash, and religious hogwash.

I don't think it's a thing you can build an Anon initiative around, though (at least not one like anything I've seen before). I think moving forward there's a good chance we could build an Anon-offshoot thing for helping raise awareness about bullshit cases (like Steubenville, Torrington, and coming soon: Framingham!) but for the most part Anons who are interested should look into groups like Planned Parenthood, Code Pink, and local crisis centers for women. Take Back the Night rallies and Slut Walks are two types of existing, organized demonstrations against rape and rape culture. I think Anonymous does best when it takes on an enemy too fucking ridiculous or obscure for normal people to tackle, and this does not fit the bill.
    • Like Like x 3
  23. PresidentShaw Member

It is true that I don't live there, and that often in the past I said CMON GUYS IT'S NOT THAT BAD IS IT? only to be proven wrong later on when it comes to america.

So i'll give you benefit of the doubt since you DO live in amurckistan.

That being said, please don't blame tv, movies or video games, they are just a mirror reflecting a culture, not the other way around.

I don't think religion is at cause either for the same reasons.

I don't know enough about the anti-feminism backlash that is going on in america to comment, but if it's
    the case, it saddens me a great deal since most feminists I know are great people who fight for equality rather than dominatrix females from hell. And even if I strongly disagreed about something with one, I wouldn't resort to rape >_> who the fuck thinks like that?

I think you did put your finger on the danger button though when you mentioned backwards sex education, I really think that if there is an issue, it's there. Parents don't like to think that they done a shit job at raising their kids though, so it'll be a hard sell to convince people that the issue might be there. But I strongly believe it is.
  24. Anonymous Member

it's an attitude, a way of looking at the world, that entitled feeling. As long as they stay out of prison they'll probably go on to be fine sociopaths, enabling the worst in humanity in order to ignore their own feelings of inadequacy and guilt. They've got a great role model in their coach and community.

It's the same urge that has Obama throwing Manning in jail rather than rewarding him for exposing the truth about our policies. "We can't examine our actions and morals therefore it has to be the victim or the whistle blower who need to be shut up."
    • Like Like x 3
  25. WMAnon Member

Just because someone's contributing to rape culture doesn't mean they're assaulting women (although the statistics paint a pretty nasty picture of how many people are). Just for an example here, Dude A hates feminists because his friend got arrested in a domestic dispute that the wife started. Shit happens. Dude A yells about "feminazis" any time women's issues come up in conversation. Dude A is dismissive of "feminist propaganda" about rape statistics. He thinks women who call men "creepy" are unfairly discriminating against men. Dude A thinks that lots of women must be lying about getting raped, because women are bitches. Because Dude A is loud about this, his co-worker Chick B hears it. When Chick B is trying to decide whether to report the fact that Dude C raped her when they went out for drinks after work, she is going to weigh the possibility that everyone else will react like Dude A, and the certainty that Dude A will be a prick about it if he hears. She may try to handle the problem discretely, or not report it at all. And then we have a rapist on the loose, which sucks.

Dude A is contributing to rape culture, Dude C is a rapist.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. 00anon00 Member

Anything thAt devalues women begets disempowerment of women. Ie Mary mother of jesus is pure, but if you are sexually active or OH MY god flirtatious then sexual assault is completely understandable. If you just acted like a lady then you wouldn't have temped red blooded boys.
    'Blame the Victim" is a classic response when women aren't as important as men. Religions and culture that devalue women leads to more rape. Not exaggerating just stating facts.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Other research has found that about 80,000 American children are sexually abused each year.[9] It has been estimated that one in six American women has been or will be sexually assaulted during her life.[10] Largely because of child and prison rape, approximately ten percent of reported rape victims are male.[11]
    Wikipedia
    Rape is a crime of power. It's not caused by lust. The rapists get sexual satisfaction. From controlling a frightened victim. Rapists don't just attack women.
  28. WMAnon Member

Yes, men are also victims of rape. Rape culture primarily socializes men to be aggressors and women to be victims, with the exception of boys, gays, and prisoners. Male victims of rape definitely face huge problems and should be supported, but statistically and culturally women are the primary victims.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. PresidentShaw Member

See, to me this kind of rhetoric is even more offensive to men than women, because it assumes that men are simple minded beasts controlled only by their urges.

30. WMAnon Member

Yeah, shit sucks all around. The nice thing is that guys can have a really proactive role in helping to curb the bullshit just by asserting their own basic humanity in conversations with other men. "Male feminists" are often Nice Guys that try to insert themselves into feminist spaces believing it entitles them to pussy. This is a great chance for legit male feminists and egalitarians to be productive and not asshats.
  31. rof Member

/me rapes Shaw
  32. PresidentShaw Member

I already assert my own basic humanity in conversations with other men, in fact you'd be surprised how many of us do. But it often means being labelled as ''nice guy'' by some women, ironically.

Now, just for the sake of debate:
    If they believe that showing up at a feminist space entitles them to pussy, how are they nice guys?
    Also, does this mean that legit Male feminists have to be assholes?
    When did nice guy become something to define someone unwanted?
    And of course I'll try to get pussy if I show up at a place full of women, doesn't mean I'll get it, but i'll try.

Maybe we should talk about how some women are part of the rape culture by using the words ''nice guy'' as a synonym of creep, therefore allowing a culture of wife beaters, rapists and general assholes to thrive while ''nice guys'' are considered a bad thing.

Women are complicated.
  33. WMAnon Member

Nice Guy is not nice guy. The Nice Guy is the one who thinks that being friends with a girl means he deserves sex. The nice guy is the one who is friends with women the same way he's friends with men, and if he's sexually interested he doesn't act like he deserves it. The term Nice Guy comes from the fact that that particular flavor of douche self identifies as a "nice guy" to the point where it's become a trope.

In the same vein, you can totally try to score wherever you want, that's different from thinking you're entitled to it.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. I concur, my good sir
    /me takes puff from pipe
  35. rof Member

holy shit wb asshole
  36. PresidentShaw Member

YyZcIbO.jpg
  37. Bump for Truth!