Customize

Rathbun in Hamburg - Events Updates

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Mod Edit: Hamburg Playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSqalZAsQ8&list=PL0D0C28C8AE0D23F4&feature=plpp

WTF?

Mod edit (HOC): Videos added to the OP per Hamburg anons request.

Part 1:

Part 2:

2. Smurf Member

If you listen to the Squirrel Busters yammer, they're referring to Ursula providing Marty an "all expenses paid trip to Germany." Ursula has done the same thing for Graham Berry, Marc Headley, Jason Beghe and other critics of the cult.

Ursula obviously thought Marty was important enough to give a presentation on the cult and I'm sure he will yammer on about how EVERYTHING is DM's fault and that LRH was perfect. Sad choice for a speaker IMHO, but I don't speak for Ursula.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Quick and dirty translation.
  4. Random guy Member

There's two points where I think Rathbun have legitimate value. One is with all the dirt he has on the current cult organization. As far as I know, he's the highest level cultist to jump ship. He does not spill enough beans for my taste, but those he have spilt have been rather tasty. Secondly (and I'm not sure if it is intentional), he puts a spanner in the whole "religious freedom" spiel. When thy go after him, it is very obvious how much they value the right to practice scientology.
  5. BLiP Member

The Germans will be a far tougher audience than Martyworld. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say, or not say.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. anon0004 Member

Shall we go and Tape it for you, or is it utter nonsense noone wants to hear?
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

My 2 cent: He will make big promotion for scientology. The biggest entheta ever.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AnonLover Member

Yes please do. I have complete confidence Ursula knows what she's doing - the fact that it involves marty is irrelevant.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. AnonLover Member

i see a 3rd point... possibly related to your 2nd point that rambled abit... CofS has long held that Germany is totally against religious freedom and the government is suppressing their right to practice their religion.

Giving Marty the opportunity to speak dismisses those claims completely, no matter what he says - his cooperation & presence pulls the rug out from under the only argument the clams have against all of Ursula's fine efforts.

Also - there might be a teeny tiny itty bitty little chance Marty says just a tad more in Germany, outside of US jurisdiction... where he doesnt have to worry about implicating himself.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. BLiP Member

Yes please. Also, ask questions.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Random guy Member

^^This!^^
  12. Anonymous Member

If Marty had all the other qualifications (such as being a German citizen, etc.) would he be permitted to work at a government/official job or would he have to fill out forms stating that he doesn't work along the methods of L. Ron Hubbard, etc.?
  13. AnonLover Member

uhhhh - from sounds of translation - this is strictly a speaking engagement, and I'm assuming its the same as all the other conference type speaking engagements Ursula has coordinated in the past. So not sure how "job" even factors in as a possibility?
  14. BLiP Member

Yes. Marty would have to disavow the teaching of L Ron Hubbard an active involvement with the Scientology organisation to get a government job in Germany. Are you surprised?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Random guy Member

Are you sure? It it Hubbards crap or the anti-constitutional organisation that''s the problem?
    • Like Like x 3
  16. BLiP Member

Good question. I don't know. Now that you mention it, it could just be the organisation. That would make more sense. Post emended.
  17. anon0004 Member

What do you want us to ask?
    Makin' a list.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DeathHamster Member

Cos DA blogs, as subtle as .. CoS DA blogs.
    Marty Rathbun Goes To The Fatherland

martyrathbunblog.com/mark-rathbun/marty-rathbun-goes-to-the-fatherland (Proxies and all that stuff.)
    LOL! They're blaming Marty for all of CoS's losses, in spite of Dear Leader's micromanagement.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DeathHamster Member

Oh please oh please oh please oh please...

Imagine: Squirrel Buster road trip to Germany! (Don't forget to pack the Nazi uniforms!)
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

Marty has claimed he first got interested in Dianetics and Scientology when looking for options for help his institutionalized brother. Did he ever have a chance to apply any of Hubbard's techniques to help his brother - and if so what was the result? OR did he get sucked into the organization before he had a chance to pursue those options with his brother's case?

The CofS has a history of occasionally protesting their causes dressed in Nazi uniforms, did Marty have any direct involvement in those operations during his years of involvement with the organization? ***

The fairgame, dead agenting & Black PR tactics currently being used against the Independent Scientologists in the USA seem to be the exact same tactics used against all critics of the Church for past 3 decades. Can he confirm that the CofS has specific policies being enforced behind these tactics and that it is indeed from the same playbook that was used during his time in the executive levels of the Sea Org?

Marty has mentioned on his blog that he destroyed evidence in the Lisa McPherson court case(s). Can he provide any details as to what content was included in the materials he covered up?

Marty has claimed he was intimately involved in the IRS negotiations to secure the CofS recognition as a religious charity. Has he ever considered filing a FOIA request for all the IRS files mentioning his name in order to reveal the truth, in the form of actual documentation, regarding how the final chapters of the CofS war against the IRS actually played out?

Jesse Prince has spoken out and documented how Mary Sue Hubbard was tormented to sign over any claim to her husband's assests, and essentially held captive within her own home until the day she died. Did Marty have any involvement in those efforts against Mary Sue?

Hubbard's youngest son Arthur seems to have gotten free of the organization and gotten on with his own life, unlike his sisters Diana & Suzette. Did Marty play any role in Arthur's routing out / departure?

When the Guardian's Office was disbanded, the CofS claimed all of those players were cast out of the organization. Yet as time went by, it has been revealed that many of the former Guardians ended up running Delphi Schools, WISE corporations and played active roles in other front groups as well as showing up on modern day completion lists. During his time as an executive, was Marty aware that many of the former Guardian's were not truly cast out as was claimed?

*** - ok imma trolling with the Nazi uniform question, feel free to ignore that one as requiring too many grains of salt.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. DeathHamster Member

Two of the three that I've heard of were well before the time of Marty or Davie.
  22. Anonymous Member

Fix'd
  23. Anonymous Member

Did he in fact create the concept of the Squirrel Busters to use against David Mayo? Except the shirts were pink...
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Wearing a nazi uniform in Germany is an arrestable offence.

Lets hope the squibs try it.
  25. AnonLover Member

Marty's made mention of it now as well:

Germany, Europe and Human Rights
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/03/germany-europe-and-human-rights/

• Like Like x 1
  26. DeathHamster Member

Dox damnit!
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

You forget Mr Jesse Prince. He was, as "Inspector General RTC", over all the "Inspectors General" in his time at RTC.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

This could wind up leaving permanent egg on Slappy's face.

Subtle Ursula is subtle.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

So much potential WIN... I tear up.
  30. LocalSP Member

Fuck Marty.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. AnonLover Member

And Mr Larry Brennan who's positions ranged from Asst Guardian Legal AOLA, thru USGO and GOWW (Guardian's Office world wide) etc etc and finally Special Unit In Charge Watchdog Committee.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

I'll save you the trouble: the answers are all an unequivocal YES... but Martyr would equivocate and backpedal all the way. Landing in Germany is going to make this flim-flam man suddenly righteous, sorry.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Random guy Member

I think it could be worthwhile to ask about his experience of the CoS as an independent scientologist. Having some of the cults "religious freedom" in record won't hurt. This is also a field where him and us are likely to be a bit more aligned.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Good news is good.
  35. DeathHamster Member

And the Squirrel Busters would be perfect for the Show and Tell section of the presentation.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. hushpuppy Member

37. Sponge Member

Previous discussion thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/rathbun-in-hamburg.93129/

Ex-Scientology Executive Marty Rathbun Headed to Germany This Week -- Why This is Bad News for David Miscavige
    by Tony Ortega, Village Voice 3rd Sept 2011
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/ex-scientology_1.php

see also: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/03/germany-europe-and-human-rights/

• Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

No. Tired.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. RightOn Member

Hold up.... video 1
    0:55
    Martys says he is "going over to Germany to clean up the mess that David Miscavige has made over the last three decades and hundreds of millions of dollars and I am doing it free of charge Rich"

hmmmm
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Sponge Member

0/10 for Rathbun thinking that the scientology was clean and the shit only happened decades ago with Miscavige
    • Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.