Customize

Rathbun in Hamburg - Events Updates

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Never watched that show, just thought it sounded good and salty. Still, you have to agree that that argument will never be won, there is no winner, people who think they have the upper hand will always lose.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Xenu Is Lord Member

No idea but I suspect because of tight budgets and Germany making the mistake of thinking the cult is no longer a danger.
  3. COREarg Member

Please,have my babies:

owls.jpg
    Borges,Walsh,Quiroga and Dolina
    • Like Like x 2
  4. BLiP Member

It was due to budget cuts. It should also be remembered that Hamburg is not Germany. As far as the Germans are concerned, Scientology remains very much a risk.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Smurf Member

What do you mean? Hamburg is one of the 16 states in Germany. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg
  6. Anonymous Member

Here's an idea......someone with mad editing skills could get the best three minutes of the Hamburg visit and play it at the next Riverside Board of Stupidvisors meeting? After that is played, the next public speaker/person could read Ortega's entry about Jeff-dumb-as-a-Stone on the "Top 25" list?
    • Like Like x 3
  7. BLiP Member

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I have noted that there is sometimes an assumption that Carberta works for the Federal Government - I was seeking to draw the distinction that she works for the Hamburg State government. So far as the former body is concerned, nothing has changed.
  8. Anonymous Member

About damn time those words flowed from your nimble fingers of hatred.
  9. Smurf Member

No, you're not wrong. Thank you. I always thought she was a federal employee. Is there a representative at the federal level monitoring Scientology? What about the other states where Scientology has offices... Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin, Stuttgart?
  10. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Krautfag Member

Ursula's post had been pretty unique in Hamburg, due to her personal fighting spirit.
    In the other states Scientology is pretty much covered by Verfassungsschutz and the so called "Sektenbeauftragten", a state-appointed cult expert which counsels on all sorts of cults.
    Basically it's always the respective Ministry of the Interior in each state which handles Scientology and where the bills are paid.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

nope
    the left one is PR Speaker fomr Scientology Hamburg
    the right one the PR Speaker form Scientology Germany
  13. TinyDancer Member

What happened to Sabine?
  14. sooleater Member

*lol*

Fussschuss or "Griff ins Klo" (grab in the tolitet)
  15. Anonymous Member

For the scilons and ex-scilons the problem isn't imaginary. They are probably a hell of afraid of "cult-bashing Germany" and are told that the scilons in Germany are some kind of "resistance heroes".

At least he found out that Scilons are as safe in Germany just as anyone else is as long as they comply to EC and German law and human rights. Although most Germans don't like the "Herrenmenschen-homo novis-Scilon-stuff" at all as they know that "Herrenmenschen" always produce damage+fail.
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Sponge Member

Due to staff shortages she couldn't find a volunteer to be the back half of her pantomime dragon costume. ?
    • Like Like x 4
  17. TinyDancer Member

Some of those folks have had a paradigm-shift. Likely Marty has too. So, it feels really new for them that Germany is not out to stop Scientologists practising scientology (without the abuses).

This really works for Germany, and it's a sock in the eye for the State Department and the Clintons.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. BLiP Member

. . . and Dubbya.
  19. the anti Member

i'm the baby daddy

yep, BEWARE!!!
  20. Anonymous Member

Hamburg is not federal Germany but Hamburg is one of the German federal states. Hamburg always was the state that headed the Scientology examinations and findings due to Ms Caberta.

Scientology is a risk to our laws and constitution due to Hubbards plans, expressed in his writings, to take over and change countries from democratic to anti-democratic scilon structure. Anyone who plans this is a threat to our society and will be observed in order to protect Germany. And anyone who plans to or does miscomply with our laws and/or constitution will be in trouble.
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Ackerland Member

• Like Like x 3
  22. Malory Member

Well played Ursula and I'll add more thanks to the Hamburg Anons as well for their work.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. I'm too lazy to read the whole fucked-up 22-page thread, but I trust onsite Anons have remembered that not only are OSA interested in Marty, the German intelligence service is interested in OSA (and probably Marty too).

http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/en/en_fields_of_work/scientology/

So, persons hanging-around-watching-Marty are not necessarily OSA - they might be COINTELPRO. How thrilling.

Where are the Squirrel-busters in all this? Have they lost their mojo? Or do they not have passports?
    • Like Like x 2
  24. AnonLover Member

The end of this footage confuses me, when Marty says "In case I'm not allowed back into the US, Ms. Caberta will let me stay here for awhile"

Is that just an awkward quote where the context is unclear - or was there something said/announced that would make actually make WTF sense of "Why" he would not be allowed back into the US???
  25. or maybe he's just playing the "poor, persecuted me" card.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. anon0004 Member

We also had this wtf moment. cannot tell you if trolling.
  27. Ackerland Member

I guess the former. I think it was rather meant in a funny way after he spilled the beans on high US officials
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

watch your language!
  29. Anonymous Member

^^^
    minigocr.gif
  30. AnonLover Member

Thanks! so then it is as it seems - an awkward quote... probably an attempt at humor, but since they just snipped the end of it, it came across awkwardly.
  31. DeathHamster Member

32. Anonymous Member

33. DeathHamster Member

Also perhaps a small dig back at old history of the US granting asylum status to a German Scientologist whose persecution claims turned out to be fraudulent?
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Mitsu Too Member

This is true, L Ron was a con, however, I believe most would agree that the ordinary parishioners did not join knowing it was a con but because they believe that it had value for them. Many former scientologist agree that the lower levels had value and seem to work for them. I'm not surprised as much of what L Ron came up with already existed and he repackaged it all into his own brand of self help psychotherapy later to become religion. Other than DM and his very close inner circle and the behind the seen RTC Board of Directors of non scientologist I don't witness to many scientologist receiving the level of inurement or enrichment from the big con. Destroy that and much of the reason and incentive to produce money is gone. The remainder will fall into those who will immediately leave and move on, those who will wander for a while and try to make sense of what happened but will eventually move on, and then you will have those who will cling to the remnants as they know nothing else and try to recreate it. It is not easy for someone to invest so much of ones energy and life into something and then give it up. It's true of anything, just look at people who stay in the same dead end job or marriage for that matter. The old proverbial better the devil you know than the one you might get. It takes a lot of courage and guts to walk away. Shame is an interesting human trait. We will avoid it at all costs. Anyhoo you can't tell people what to believe but those beliefs don't give you carte blanche to abuse people and break the law. DIsmantle the coorporate veil and those who run the con in its present form. The belief part will in itself cannot prosper without the first part.
    • Like Like x 5
  35. subgenius Member

Fairman's still an idiot. There will be assumptions that Marty changed Germany's policy, when it was never anti-belief, but anti criminal behavior.

I doubt Marty will disabuse anyone of the notion that he changed the policy.
    • Like Like x 7
  36. Krautfag Member

Dude, these are people who believe they can adress their woes by auditing out little alien souls who infested them 75 million years ago.
    I read all of the comments and the most striking point is how remote from the real world most of the freshly outs are.
    Is it really that important if they think Marty has just single-handedly implemented "teh tech" into the German government?
    • Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  37. This is why I don't read the comments on Marty's blog.

It's also why I don't read Marty's blog.
    • Like Like x 5
  38. Anonymous Member

Real men still go to Dunkin' Donuts, where they don't put a fucking Euro-dress on my coffee.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Anonymous Member

Ergo: he is guilty of what Miscavige accuses him LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.