Customize

Rathbun in Hamburg - Events Updates

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambit Member

It'll turn up on youtube eventually. Probably with subtitles.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Smurf Member

I can't get it. Watching the circle spin is making me tired. :-(
  3. anon0004 Member

This was the questions and answer session for Marty, you might find some answers in there you might have waited for.
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Krautfag Member

Flash problem most likely...never mind, Rathbun segment is over.
  5. dispart Member

quick and dirty translation of the article in Nürnberger Zeitung

original here: http://www.nordbayern.de/nuernberger-zeitung/nz-news/scientologys-draht-zu-bill-clinton-1.1493113

Any quotes that were originally in english may differ from what was originally said due to translation and back-translation.

• Like Like x 6
  6. DeathHamster Member

Possibly mistranslated to due to English quirks. Having strong Scientology convictions is not quite the same as a convicted Scientologist. :p
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Smurf Member

Yup, that happens alot. I was quoted in a German magazine years ago about a black op I was engaged in that involved the Golden Gate Bridge in Los Angeles.
  8. dispart Member

Changed it to "a Scientologist with conviction". Must have been a freudian slip or something.
  9. Xinjifar Member

A Scientologist with *a* conviction is inevitably discovered to have been an 'infiltrator', 'spy' or 'plant'.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

"In the year 2000 there was a turning point. David Miscavige expanded his power, radicalised it and turned Scientology into a cult".

This supports a charge that Scientology is being run as a "millennial" cult, in line with the New Year's 2000 speech and Battlefield Earth
    (set in 3000 AD, following a 1000-year reign of the "Psychlos" on Earth). This has obvious parallels to the "3rd Reich" of the Nazi's,
    which was also intended to last 1000 years.
  11. Xinjifar Member

'That's how business is done in Washington and that's how business is done in America...' And, yes, that's how business is done in Hamburg.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Miranda Member

I made a new thread for Terril and Xinjifar and others to continue the parts of the discussion that aren't directly relevant to Hamburg.
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Anonymous Member

LOL shame it won't last more than 12 years at this rate.
  14. Anonymous Member

That is actually true, Hamburg is known for its famous merchants since the middle ages.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanseatic_League
    A lot of merchants would sell thier granma, but only those from Hamburg were known to deliver.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

WOoT

Marty is a Freezoner ?
  16. Sponge Member

You're talking about what was said in the press conference Q&A right?
    IMO he's merely simplifying independent scientology for the non-scientologist audience without going off the topic of the question.
  17. Ackerland Member

HOLY shit Graham, I just watched the show with Markus Lanz. Anons, you're gonna love this shit.
    First of all, Markus Lanz asks EXACTLY the right questions, as opposed to his last show I saw. And the english2german simultaneous translation is superb. The translator puts in LOTS of emotion in the right places, you really get the feeling he is personally outraged at what Marty has to tell.
    It's also the first time that Mr. Rathbun had the opportunity to say he finds alot of value in the tech while Caberta is making a few cautious stabs at LRH tech a few scenes later.. she just can't help it :p
    Rathbun spills more beans on how Cruise developed strategies with Clinton on how to talk Tony Blair into improving the standing of Scientology in the UK.

Meanwhile, I have finished subtitling the German parts of the press conference from Wednesday. It's mostly Caberta speaking, Hamburg anons are going to add videos soon.
    • Like Like x 12
  18. Anonymous Member

Tony Bliar? LOL

Look how that worked out!
  19. Sponge Member

20. Anonymous Member

is it subtitled??
  21. Anonymous Member

Is it fansubbed with chibi animation?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Chubby animation?? But why not?

FAT_000109.jpg
  23. TinyDancer Member

What's the trick to seeing the subtitles?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

What is the back-story to Graham Berry in Hamburg? Did he go on his own? Or is there some sort of glasnost going on here? Inquiring anons want to know!
  25. moarxenu Member

Click on CC.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Sponge Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

Hot German newsreader is hot.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Zhongjianren Member

http://www.scientology-cult.com/reconciliation-in-hamburg.html

• Like Like x 4
  29. TinyDancer Member

30. TinyDancer Member

Mrs Clinton, Wikileaks called. They asked if the cables could be cc'd directly to them this time.
    • Like Like x 4
  31. tippytoe Member

32. moarxenu Member

33. Anonymous Member

Thank God ... uh, Miranda, I mean.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. TinyDancer Member

Ich bin ein Hamburger.
    • Like Like x 7
  35. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 8
  36. Anonymous Member

And ya KNOW they're going there.
  37. Nancy Beazley Member

Shit. Wish I'd thought of that first.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

Today, we are all Hamburgers.
    • Like Like x 6
  39. Anonymous Member

Sexy guys with guy fawkes mask just got more tasty.

but less sexy at the same time.
  40. Ackerland Member

Because the Markus Lanz show was so awesome, I give you this fully subtitled version of the show that ran yesterday evening:

Please excuse any mistakes. I didnt do any proofreading whatsoever.
    • Like Like x 23
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.