Customize

Remember - We need proxies and follow requests for action...

Discussion in 'Keeping Your Anonymity In Iran' started by Swarm Theory, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Swarm Theory Member

I follow Persiankiwi on twitter. He has been namefagged on many mainstream sites and I want him much sucess.

Also, even if this posted before -
    The purpose of this guide is to help you participate constructively in the Iranian election protests through Twitter.

1. Do NOT publicise proxy IPs over twitter, and especially not using the #iranelection hashtag. Security forces are monitoring this hashtag, and the moment they identify a proxy IP they will block it in Iran. If you are creating new proxies for the Iranian bloggers, DM them to @stopAhmadi or @iran09 and they will distributed them discretely to bloggers in Iran.

2. Hashtags, the only two legitimate hashtags being used by bloggers in Iran are #iranelection and #gr88, other hashtag ideas run the risk of diluting the conversation.

3. Keep you bull$hit filter up! Security forces are now setting up twitter accounts to spread disinformation by posing as Iranian protesters. Please dont retweet impetuosly, try to confirm information with reliable sources before retweeting. The legitimate sources are not hard to find and follow.

4. Help cover the bloggers: change your twitter settings so that your location is TEHRAN and your time zone is GMT +3.30. Security forces are hunting for bloggers using location and timezone searches. If we all become Iranians it becomes much harder to find them.

5. Dont blow their cover! If you discover a genuine source, please dont publicise their name or location on a website. These bloggers are in REAL danger. Spread the word discretely through your own networks but dont signpost them to the security forces. People are dying there, for real, please keep that in mind

Peoples lives are at stake here so this is more delicate than the other stuff. This is bullets in brains stake kind of thing.

We've noticed a massive push-back from the gov trying to find and eliminate the Inztanet access of activists. You've seen the broken computers. If not, go to andrew sullivan's blog or Nico Pitney's blog.

This is called super secret club time. Setup proxies for use and deny bullet shooting men knowledge of it.
  2. Normally I would say dont post names, but I think the authorities know about this guy, he has like 25000+ followers on tweeter now.
  3. Swarm Theory Member

Thank you JW. Thanks for overlooking the slow times when I had to make my own fun to realize this is some earthshattering shit that is goingon. PK has been consistent and is a good source. He's also been calling for things some American commentators have been balking at like bitches. I loves me my wars. heh.
  4. I'm worried

I haven't seen this person post for a few hours now. His/her name is not longer findable on Twitter. This is not good.
  5. Swarm Theory Member

His screenname is still good. He has to move a lot. It's not a good situation for him. He escapes for hours (I worry until he returns) and then posts. He emails Huffpo and Atlantic (Nico/Andrew) but I think he's out and about coordinating most of the time. My prayers are with him when he's off the Inztanet.
  6. pk's request

PK is awesome, hes been the most consistent posting whats happening on the ground
    i'm sure you guys would have seen his last request before he moved location/went to bed:

IRIB is the iranian state broadcaster
    wikipedia article links the following:
    # IRIB's official website http://www.irib.ir/ (still working, slow)
    # Jamejam Daily the official organ http://www.jamejamonline.ir/ (working fine)
    # IRIB News Department http://www.iribnews.ir/ (works fine in ie, server error in firefox)
  7. Swarm Theory Member

Some of the websites PK mentions are used to block IP addresses and other blocking techniques...