Customize

"Reply Anonymously" button gone

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by fishypants, Jan 11, 2014.

1. The Internet Member

wung trump.jpg
  2. failboat Member

So.

Guest posting appears to be disabled at the moment. When you try to post as a Guest, you are prevented from entering a Guest name. Instead, you are immediately sent to the Bills/Donation page.

Fuck that shit, Ed. If you don't want people participating or posting on your site, I won't participate or post.

I'll take Google Ads back before I donate if you're going to hold us over a barrel.

I can ignore ads. I can't ignore your Goddamned donation appeals if they affect the way people can express themselves.

We can't post as Guests.

We can't post Anonymously.

You may as well change the banner to read ESMB - as of today, I can no longer differentiate my ability to post on WWP from my ability to post on ESMB. On both, I have to post as my username.

What the fuck, Ed?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sallysock Member

Not sure about the guest posting being off today, but fwiw, I saw that the internet brought up that maybe funds were an issue with the anon button. I can only assume that they are not. You see, sometime back in 2014 I offered to pay for either 6 months or a year of posting if the anon button came back (that post is somewhere itt, If anyone wants the link, say so and I'll look.). It never did come back and according to former mods of this forum, it's an easy fix.

Ed, doesn't want the anon button from everything I've seen. Appreciate your efforts failboat.
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I doubt its a purposeful change. When I try to post as a unregistered user, it goes to the donation page. And when I try to donate it doesnt accept the donation. So. Strange.
  5. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Imho don't jump the gun
    Title%20Hang%20'Em%20High%20(1968).jpg
  6. seems to be a javascript issue.

which would suggest its DEFINITELY NOT intentional.
    because I'm sure the management wouldn't leave such an obvious exploit in place.
  7. Guest posting is BROKEN when the donation beg banner goes up.
    Not disabled, fwiw.

The workaround for the "broken" javascript is---
    • don't click on the guest "Name" field or the "Enter Both Words" verification field.
    • use the <TAB> key to skip over to the Name, Enter, and main message text field.
    • then hit the "Reply to Thread" button. It's not caught up in the fubar javascript silliness.
    bleh :[

8. Implementing the Anon button in XenForo appears to be more complicated/difficult than it was in the old forum software.
    If there were an easy way of putting one in, we'd probably have it by now.
  9. It sure sounds like XenForo is the problem to me. No Anonymous posting, and whatever they've been doing lately to put the donation bar at the top of every page has been screwing up Guest posting, too, not to mention changing the appearance of the site. Seems like XenForo is awfully buggy, and it also still lacks a critical feature after nearly 3 years of waiting.

Prior to this month, we would get the occasional banner picture requesting donation towards the end of the month or whenever, but it has NEVER affected Guest posting.

Anyway. I'm sure that it's not as easy as flicking a switch to change from one platform to another, so I probably have unrealistic expectations regarding improvements or changes. Oh well, I guess I should shut up and quit bitching about it.
  10. Thanks for this. <TAB> works for the Name field, but I also have to click the Reload link to be able to enter the reCAPTCHA Verification. It was definitely lazy of me not to figure out how to do this myself, but sometimes it feels better just to rant and then wait for other people's advice and solutions.

I'm sure you're happy to be rid of "Maria is a lying cunt" for the time being. Hopefully that shartstain doesn't read this thread.
  11. Looks good from here
  12. Gnome Chomsky Member

Normal service has been resumed in glorious technicolor, 3D and HD for you delectation.
    Let the festivities commence.
  13. Gnome Chomsky Member

14. RavenEyes Member

clinton-finger.jpg
    lol - could be wrong. You brought Trump to this party, so I brought Hill.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. so I bring jfk
    President-Kennedy-hears-o-009.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Sue works his ass off to fuck this forum up and you guys still don't donate!
  17. RavenEyes Member

18. Zak McKracken Member

wb, faggot
    • Like Like x 1
  19. RavenEyes Member

Where the hell have you been?! I heard you got your wisdom teeth out and couldn't stop crying because of the pain...
  20. Zak McKracken Member

voting for hillary, lol,
    u?
  21. RavenEyes Member

Trolling this place about Trump...lol
  22. The Internet Member

23. Still no reply anonymously button.
  24. Take your time.
  25. It'll take me another two years at least.
  26. sue put a lot of time and effort in to making guest posting work. The mods love it and it continuously brings in lots of new people. An unintended side benefit is that it works better than the anonymous button did. So....no need for sue/Edouard to fix the anonymous button.

[IMG]
  27. What's a traincher?
  28. asosipww Member

Told ya. Edouard removed Anon posting, added dislike button and alienated everyone in the community who disagreed with him in order to turn WWP into reddit. My posts about the issue have been deleted (or so I believe, since they don't appear in my profile and I can't find them in the dome, tho I may be wrong and they might have been moved somewhere under the rug so no one will ever see them even if it would be physically possible). Funny how anonymous posting is impossible and opposing opinions and criticism are being dismissed and discredited as "trolling", "osa" and "drama" on a so called Anonymous forum for the Fighters for Freedom of Speech (tm).

BTW. NMA should be upgraded, since WWP is no longer Anonymous (Anonymous posting is kinda required for a forum to be Anonymous), it is not activism (the community doesn't do shit), it is not open for discussion (censorship occurs in various forms) and it is not a hub of Anon (literally no one in Anonymous gives a shit about WWP, active cells don't want to have anything to do with it).
  29. asosipww Member

What is pizzagate? I heard (read) it may times but I don't get it and I'm too much of a lazy bitch to look it up.

And please be objective. I don't want no indoctrination from neither Trump nor Hillary fags.
  30. Lack of Anon button is not the effect of problems with XenForo tho. There are no reports of this on the Internet. There is nothing prohibitive about installing Anon button on XF. At all. Sue removed the button on purpose.

Don't know about the other issues tho.

31. You're absolutely right about active cells wanting nothing to do with WWP, they never have and it's doubtful they ever will.
    Pizzagate is a work of black PR that never existed apart from in the minds of conspiracy theorists.
    It was a so called pedo ring involving Hillary Roddam Clinton and Sanders plus others. The web of lies was constructed around the pizza ordering which was code for pedophiles etc and blah. It's covered elsewhere in the forum where, unfortunately, some of our more gullible anons believed the entire plot.

It was and is non existent , unless you're​ a believer of conspiracies .
  32. The forum was deliberately degraded by Sue as a means of keeping maintenance of it to a complete minimum, eventually it will come to a complete and utter standstill due to lack of interest.
    On any given day in the last 6-8 months WWP sees fewer than 12 anons signed in.
    Disambiguation regularly censors posts that disagree with her current opinion and beliefs and anything else she decides isn't worth reading regardless of the contents of the posts.
    So much for WWP being a site for discussion when anons posts are removed without an explanation.

Swap Moderator for Dictator and you've hit the target bang on.

The forum can't function in a healthy and lively manner with this kind of moderation in place.

Great harm was done when more and more discussions were centred around the investigation of pedophiles which in turn took wwp away from its grass roots beginnings.
    These discussions have their place but at a certain point they appeared in every section of forum resulting in many users being put off then going elsewhere.
    Since then WWP has seen a noticeable decline in daily users.
    Ergo WWP damaged by one moderator, Disambiguation.

Shameful.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  33. Rebranding the site to DISAMBIGUATION'S DOMAIN would at this juncture be an appropriate move.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  34. oki

At least Edouard gave us a rainbow button, but then he decided there were too many rainbows being given.

[IMG]
  35. Ogsonofgroo Member

Lolol, did not expect that ^^^ up thar, so apropos for the continued whining about 'anon button whah-whah'. Now, on to the latest culty-cult news.... byeeeeeee!
    • Like Like x 1
  36. hmmm... censorship at a protest site. go figure.
  37. Fuck off.
  38. White Tara Global Moderator

Again dont panic if you wish to anonymize your posts further than from a registered account then feel free to log out and use guest posting.

39. You're familiar. You've been here before I'd put money on it.