Customize

Republcan Nat'l Convention 2012 - Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Vector 0, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Vector 0 Member

Are there any plans/ops being discussed regarding an Anonymous/Occupy presence at the Repub Nat'l Convention in August of 2012 in Tampa, FL.

Just curious...

http://gopconvention2012.com/
  2. James Spader Member

None here so far. Unless you start one.
  3. xenubarb Member

Hey Tampa,

Here's a clue for you. Get your moneyz up front from the RNC. They still owe San Diego hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don't front them!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WogDoc Member

Why are you protesting at the RNC? Obama's been in charge of the Wikileaks prosecution, has been trying to reduce internet freedom, and has been anti-transparency from the beginning of his administration. No fan of Republicans, but WTF? I thought Anonymous was about promoting freedom of information?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Indeed.
  6. Anonymous Member

Gosh, I don't know why you'd go to a RNC to hand out literature about stuff. No idea. You can bet the clams will be tooled up to exploit this event. Or didn't you consider that before popping off?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WogDoc Member

Nope-didn't consider that. I can see an anti-Scn protest there. Indeed, that would be advisable.

I didn't see any achievable goal to protest the Republicans, themselves, as they haven't been behind any Wikileaks shenanigans (so far).
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. quantify Member

Both conventions need to be occupied. When Obama flipped and bailed out on matching funds for the Wall Street bankster cash, he officially joined the 1%. Even his health care plan helps enrich corporate health insurance. I am sick and tired of defending him, and I flat out refuse to vote for him. Period. I will probably be writing in next year.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. cafanon Member

a few months later..... lets add Obama signing the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act to turn the Bill of Rights into his own personal roll of toilet paper. Fuck the RNC... lets Occupy the White House!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I would advocate an anonymous presence at the Democratic National Convention. Obama has infringed upon our civil liberties like no president has ever done before.
  11. Anonymous Member

I agree.
  12. Point of order: Obama didn't sign the Patriot Act, nor did he push for it. I have my own significant complaints about Obama, but he didn't start the fire. At most, he added a little bit of tinder. Looking at the GOP's platform and seeing how they govern, Obama is not the worst option. That said, I'll probably write in Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala, because my state doesn't matter. If I were in a swing state, I would vote for Obama in a blink, because Romney and Ryan have proven they would be worse, especially for women, minorities (including LGBT), and the poor, and where these overlap, they would be even more fucked.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. anonymous612 Member

Don't fucking bump dead threads.

Also, are you going to show up? No? Then stop "advocating" other people do shit you're too much of a pussy to do. Tampa isn't your city.
  14. anonysamvines Member

and if lots of peeps do a write in
    oops

wonder how many will think ah fuck it my lesser of two evils will be safe so i don't need to vote either

shame you can't vote non of the above
    and if the noa win they have to come up with a new system
  15. anonymous612 Member

What the fuck are you talking about? You can vote none of the above. It's called not fucking voting. There are regularly sections of the ballot I don't cast a vote on. For instance: stupid shit like whether my city should build more boat docks. Why the fuck should I care? Leave it blank.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/...to-patrol-skies-over-republican-co-ar-472685/
  18. anonysamvines Member

i think you missed the bit about "my lesser of two evils"
    ie i don't like either of the two (de facto ie republican/democrat) candidates but which do i want the least
    cos not voting or writing may make more of a difference this time than usual
    democrats pissed at Obama
    republicans pissed at ryan
    there maybe a lot lot more protest votes than usual
    if ya don't give diddly who gets in then exercise your freedom to not vote
    if ya happy to vote for someone obviously vote for them
    if you don't like either but would hate for one to get in more than ya hate voting for the other then it maybe more important to not write it in

that is why the uk ended up with a coalition gov't of tosspots with tosspots in opposition cos of protest voting
    can ya guess which option i exercised at our general election?

so who will it be i wonder
    obama
    romney

or possibly even your version of the coalition
    paul
  19. anonymous612 Member

How about you just fucking vote instead of complaining about how you spend your vote? If you think you have to vote for someone or you're wasting the vote, fine. Own that decision. If you don't think it's worth it, then don't fucking do it. But bitching because of a decision YOU made is stupid.
  20. cafanon Member

Ron Paul lost the Republican nomination, and I do not believe he has decided to run independently yet. However, former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson is running on the Libertarian ticket. I'm considering voting for him simply because I disagree with Romney's entire platform yet cannot in good consciousness vote for a President who failed in his duties to protect the Constitution by signing the NDAA.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Then depending on your state, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Romney/Ryan. My state is deep, deep red, to the point they don't even bother polling. If a Democrat were to win all but the most strident Republican states, mine would be one of them. My state has never gone blue in my lifetime. Therefore, I can afford to vote for who I want, which is Stein/Honkala (Green Party), people who actually respect this nation.
  22. anonysamvines Member

oh was i bitching?
    silly me i thought i was just joining in a discussion of choices, options and consequences - i chose not to vote cos i didn't give a shit about who got in as currently there is nothing to choose between our two main parties (and our nominal head of govt is chosen differently to yours) - and the coalition result was a real shocker here - despite my advanced age i don't remember that happening in my lifetime - and that some here may be more invested in a surprise outcome

u mad? u sound it
    sorry i ruffled your feathers:cool:
  23. I said the Democratic National Convention, which is not even in Tampa. If there was the convention in my city I would go without hesitation, I am simply asking anons in that area of the US to make a presence. Is that so ridiculous?
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

Ha! Ha!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...pa-during-rnc-federal-authorities-say/1247703
  25. anonymous612 Member

People who don't vote should not be entitled to bitch about the results, since they refused to participate.

Seriously, where do I vote to make THAT law?
  26. anon walker Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

I love that Tom Cruise. His abs are like weapons of mass destruction, and his arms are like missiles!

Too soon?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/08/2...ms-from-rooftop-building-near-gop-convention/
    LOL at Scientology link in side bar.
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Anonymous Member

Never had any worrisome problems with the TPD at protests. I've heard from other people they can be a bit overly serious at times because of how often they wind up with trouble in some of the rougher areas, but that's about it.

Just anecdotal.
  31. anonysamvines Member

lol i wasn't bitching about voting
    i chose not to vote because i had no preference for any of the candidates positive or negative

my comment where i used i was to try and not use accusatory you

the none of the above meant that wouldn't it be nice if there was that option of it being a proper vote for none of the above (as opposed to exercising the right to not vote) and if the none of the above votes won then newcandidates/electoral reform would then take place (as opposed to being presented with a fait complis that a minority chose)

and my original intent on posting was merely to point out that swing and predicted states may not follow traditional/expected patterns with so much discontent on all sidesso if anyone who is finding it hard to choose but has a definite lesser of two evils (which i did not) then writing in a protest vote may not be as safe as usual

don't know about you but bored of this now so see you around the theads i enjoy your postings
  32. Anonymous Member

And if the Black Bloc types start anything, just walk away. Their tactics depend on being able to melt back into a crowd of peaceful protestors. Don't give them that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. cafanon Member

I think signing a bill authorizing the indefinite detention of American citizens without trial is a little more than "adding a little bit of tinder." It is fucking inexcusable. Don't apologize for him by defending the indefensible...its sort of pathetic.

And this is coming from a hardcore Obama supporter in '09.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/tampa-police-aclu-team-up-on-tips-for-rnc-protesters/1246589
  35. Where did you see me apologizing for him? It was a shit move, and one that even this Supreme Court would overturn. I agree it's fucking inexcusable, but it's not a terribly large step from what we've seen under the Patriot Act and various modifications to FISA. I'm not even voting for the asshole this November.
  36. I read on RT news that the Tampa police are preparing for a large violent presence, that they believe will be anonymous. Does anyone know of any plans that would indicate that to be true?
  37. anonymous612 Member

...I think I'm in love.

They rearranged inmates to empty a 1700-man prison in case they got swamped with protest arrests. That's about it, publicly. I'm sure they're probably getting shitloads of policy briefings behind the scenes about what to do or not do, as well.
  38. Florida-based private investigator Bill Warner is weary, to say the least. He doesn’t see the bricks and pipes as possible construction site components, but weapons or destruction. After all, not every building is erected with bricks and plumbing; only some. To Warner, this is an indication that domestic terrorists on par with al-Qaeda insurgents will disrupt the RNC.
    quote from the info wars ling.
    I lol'd.
    whatever happens,popcorn.jpg
  39. anonymous612 Member

Do not fucking quote Infowars. This is not The Plan. This is not Occupy. We have some fucking standards here. Go find a real fucking source.

(and yes, if I tried real hard I could fit a few more fuckings in there)
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  40. anon walker Moderator

Anonymous' tactic...troublemaker? Sit down so they stand out and up. And point. And make that screechy pod people noise just for fun.
    • Like Like x 1