Customize

[Req] Help compiling list of pulp mags with Hubbabubba stories

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Mafiawog, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Mafiawog Member

Wow ... it feels strange to be back. I took a 6 month hiatus just sort of spur of the moment, haven't checked up on what's been going on with everyone's favourite sacreligious organization since then... will maybe look into it. Anyway, main point:

Depending on how motivated I end up being, I was thinking of compiling a collection of as many of LRH's pulp magazine stories as I can find, most likely using CBR/CBZs of old pulp magazines. While I have a list of the pen names he used, and have a couple of names of the magazines he wrote for, I figured I'd ask for some help on that second part. If I can get as complete a list as possible of the magazines which published his stories, I can more easily find them and/or archive them, ya dig?

So far, I know he wrote for Astounding Science Fiction. And that's about it. I admit I haven't yet done exhaustive research on this, but a 10 minute cursory attempt proved fruitless and I'm not that determined to put a lot of time into this quite yet. So ... names of the magazines he wrote for if you got 'em, please! Thanks in advance!

+++++++++++++++++++++
    Additional info: Pen names used by Hubba:

Winchester Remington Colt
    Lt. Jonathan Daly
    Capt. Charles Gordon
    Capt. L. Ron Hubbard
    Bernard Hubbel
    Michael Keith
    Rene Lafayette
    Legionnaire 148
    Legionnaire 14830
    Ken Martin
    Scott Morgan
    Lt. Scott Morgan
    Kurt von Rachen
    Barry Randolph
    Capt. Humbert Reynolds
    John Seabrook

Tom Esterbrook (Non-Fiction)
    George Kellogg (Non-Fiction)
    Capt. B.A. Northrop (Non-Fiction)
    Mr. Spectator (Non-Fiction)
  2. Anonymous Member

Tell Anonymous why this is necessary.
  3. Anonymous Member

OFFS!!!
    ???

Brb... going to vomit...
  4. Mafiawog Member

Uh, curiosity? Potentially find snippets of what would later become doctrine? To see just how good or bad his pulp stories actually were...?
  5. Although this site has a very low WOT rating, it is clear of malware, trojans & virus attacks:

http://www.goldenagestories.com/new...zines-project-preserving-popular-fiction/2256

[IMG]

The Pulp Magazines Project is a massive undertaking to preserve a vital aspect of American history—the pulp fiction magazines, magazines that launched the careers of legendary names in literary history including Edgar Rice Burroughs, Dashiell Hammett, L. Ron Hubbard and Louis L’Amour, among others.

The Golden Gazette News recently interviewed Patrick Scott Belk from the Pulp Magazines Project, who gave us an in-depth and fascinating look at the history of the pulps, and the surprising ways they influence our culture today.
  6. Anonymous Member

Hubbard should be unpersoned, liek in ancient Egypt.
  7. DeathHamster Member

That is a CoS site, Galaxy Press aka Author Services aka Church of Spiritual Technology.

https://whyweprotest.net/wiki/Front_group_sites
    • Like Like x 1