Customize

REQUEST: Canadian Liberal Party candidate and psychiatrist under attack by scilons?

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Trouble, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Trouble Moderator

Anon, a fellow marcabian needs our help.

Stan Kutcher is a world renowned mental health expert and psychiatrist. He is also the federal Liberal Party candidate for Halifax, NS (Halifax anons, we're looking at you!)

This morning, an article appeared in 'the coast', Halifax's extremely popular weekly 'newspaper'.

http://www.thecoast.ca/RealityBites...-kutcher-involved-in-controversial-drug-study

To me, this article smacks of CCHR. And guess what? Alison Bass, the reporter quoted inside... has her own damn section on cchrint.org

I ask you Anon, how fucking awesome would it be to have a story "Scientology attacks federal election candidate"?

So, here's our call to action, anon. Let's see if we can dig up any information specifically linking Alison Bass to the Co$ in a concrete way. We're talking things like completion records, mentions on Org websites, etc. Several hundred internets to the anon who comes up with something!

Reddit thread on this issue:

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/gzhso/liberal_party_candidate_psychiatrist_and_redditor/

Contact the Coast:

timb@thecoast.ca (Tim Bousquet, the writer of the article and news Editor).
    editor@thecoast.ca (Kyle Shaw, editor of The Coast)
    Also, here is the phone number: (902) 422-6278
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Anonymous Member

The Scientology enterprise too often gets away with this sort of subterfuge and social engineering. DO EET!
  3. Anonymous Member

Pooned the comments section.

Alison Bass isn't a scilon - she has an education and she can actually write and spell properly.
  4. Sponge Member

Here's a scathing review of her book: "Side Effects: A Prosecutor, a Whistle-blower, and a Bestselling Antidepressant on Trial"

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/27/4/1193.full
    by Alan Gelenberg (agelenberg@healthtechsys.com) (clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin, professor emeritus of psychiatry at the University of Arizona, editor-in-chief of the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, and president/CEO of Healthcare Technology Systems in Madison, Wisconsin)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. xenubarb Member

She has a pretty large web footprint; almost all of it connected with CCHR. Claims to be an 'investigative reporter' and has written a book entitled, 'Side Effects.'

The only thing worse than a Scientologist dupe is a wog who has managed to scratch out a niche in a corner of CCHR.
  6. Anonymous Member

Halifax reporting in. Thanks for the help anon, we're gonna need it. Stan is running against incumbent Megan Leslie (NDP)... and the coast very openly supports them. This whole thing stinks.

They know that they are losing votes to stan because of his health care expertise, and this paper is widely read by the people who are considering switching to him. The campaign is close, and if we don't counter this bullshit it could kill us.

Any help you can give is appreciated.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Also, it may be good to call this newspaper and let them know that they're being used as a shill for the scilons.

Emails:

timb@thecoast.ca (Tim Bousquet, the writer of the article and news Editor).
    editor@thecoast.ca (Kyle Shaw, editor of The Coast)
    Also, here is the phone number: (902) 422-6278

Man the 'poons!
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

Contextual info desired:

When is the election? Are there any other candidates? How large is the voter base for this position -- IOW, how many people may vote or are likely to vote? What are the demographics of that voter base? How powerful and/or high-profile is this position? What are the key issues?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Stay on target.

Countering attempts to sneak CCHR content into mainstream media? Good.

Slinging mud at the NDP on behalf of the Liberals? Bad.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

First of all who the fuck is slinging mud at the NDP?

Second of all, really this is an NDP paper either through incompetence or otherwise mudslinging with the help of the fucking scilons. Get your shit together son.
  12. Anonymous Member

Election is Monday. Here is the riding info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_(electoral_district)

In short, the NDP have generally been the third place party in Canada but are threatening to take 2nd place -- or possibly even win -- in this election, putting the Liberals in third place for the first time in Canadian history. Halifax has been NDP since 1997 and is almost certainly going to stay NDP or go Liberal.

I haven't lived in Halifax in a while but I'd say the main issue for a lot of voters there is which party is more likely to beat the Conservatives. :) Both the NDP and the Liberals want to look like they are doing better than the other going into Monday to lure undecided but anti-Harper voters to their camp.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

That sounds like a Liberal party staffer trying to pin this on the NDP to me.

I'm just saying, point out the questionable source and criticize the Coast for running it but I see no basis for assuming the NDP is behind it. Most newspapers in the country are pro-Liberal but that doesn't mean they are accepting planted stories from the Libs.
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

16. xenubarb Member

Wait...Digg is back?
  17. Anonymous Member

The coast is now deleting all comments from the article that implicate CCHR and Scientology.
  18. Anonymous Member

Fascinating. If the reporter has no interest in CCHR or Scientology, why delete comments that mention them?

Perhaps the competing newspaper might want to investigate?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/
  19. Anonymous Member

The Coast does not show up on a google search for "Halifax Newspaper"

Hmmm....
  20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

The Coast definitely does smell of scilon after all.

Alison Bass, you are being monitored by Anonymous.
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

Quoting from Reddit: "Bousquet, the author, certainly isn't a Scientologist. And to the best of my knowledge Bass isn't either, Scientologists have just tried to point to her book as evidence of the evils of psychology. That's not in her control."

Seems like a fair enough assessment of the situation.
  25. Anonymous Member

It's in her control to not have her content copied all over cchr's websites. That they aren't scientologists does not mean there is not a connection here. Are you really gonna tell me that this article passes the sniff test?
    • Like Like x 1
  26. kittypark Member

luckily for me my riding is always won by NDP. someone very trustworthy, and has participated in many good causes.
    i wish i was able to see what was deleted, but since i am moving soon, i havent had time to read the facebook msg i got.

actually, OP, if you can send me a PM I wanted to ask you something (no, not info on you) i just dont want to post it here for public reasons
  27. Anonymous Member

The coast is now deleting comments off their fb page as well. These people need a fucking lesson in the streisand effect.
  28. AnonyVix Member

I just checked and the whole article is gone... boo... my poons they have no target.
  29. Anonymous Member

^^ lol,bricks were shat I think.
  30. roomr Member

The battle continues on twitter, specifically from accounts WriteWithStan, thinkshrink, skewedup, MedSkep, EvelynPringle, SayNo2Pharma and soulflsepulcher. Bob Fiddaman, 2 time CCHR award winner at one point stepped into the fray, but seems to have gone quiet after his ties were discovered.

UPDATE: It turns out that Alison Bass has stepped in now too, and Tim Bousquet (PDuffysGhost), while presumed innocent right now, has started following WriteWithStan and soulflsepulcher
  31. roomr Member

That's where Alison comes in. Given her role in the story, I suspect she may be involved, or they knew about her background ahead of time.
  32. kittypark Member

i would say metro is the competing newspaper since they are both free. sure Metro is a global newspaper ( worldwide not the station) but they are both...free
  33. Anonymous Member

Dawww some genius reporter at the coast thinks we attacked them because their publicly available web address was posted by 1 person in this thread.

I love how that is their evidence of an attack.... where are the server logs? Did the coast website go offline? Did anonymous announce an attack as it ALWAYS does?

We were coordinating posting comments (to raise awareness!) on the page you dipshits.
  34. roomr Member

Free they are, though the Chronicle Herald can also draw attention across a broader swath for those that don't get the internet.
  35. Anonymous Member

for those wondering what I'm talking about, reporter Tim Bousquet is claiming Anon attacked thecoast.ca because some retard posted their server information in this thread for no reason. He said this stuff over twitter this morning.

www.twitter.com/pduffysghost
  36. roomr Member

Genius reporter = "News" Editor. You'd think he'd know how to dig deeper for a story.
  37. Zak McKracken Member

Any idea how this mysterious "hacker" got ahold of the IP address for "The Coast's" public website?
    Shouldn't there be a law about that?

...even if they did, revealing that The Coast is actually hosted in the US (carpetbaggers FTW) is pretty low.
    I hope the Mounties can do something about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

39. DeathHamster Member

40. Anonymous Member

Another win for CCHR. :)