Customize

Riots in Ferguson, Missouri after police shoot Michael Brown

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by The Wrong Guy, Aug 10, 2014.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Ryan J. Reilly @ryanjreilly · 31m
    SWAT just invaded McDonald's where I'm working/recharging. Asked for ID when I took photo.

Bu9PbM3CEAMplap.jpg

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 27m
    Police come into McDonald's where me and @ryanjreilly working. Try to kick everyone out.

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 27m
    "We cannot guarantee your safety. We will not be answering 911 calls"

TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 10m
    BREAKING: Journalists, believed to be @ryanjreilly and @WesleyLowery, have been arrested by militarized police in #Ferguson

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 24m
    Gotta say, locking up a reporter from the Washington Post isn’t a wise move if you want a story to go away. Seems an amateur move.

Matt Pearce @mattdpearce · 2m
    I just called Ferguson police chief to ask about @WesleyLowery and @ryanjreilly, told him what I knew. His response: "Oh, God."
    • Like Like x 3

2. Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 24m
    Gotta say, locking up a reporter from the Washington Post isn’t a wise move if you want a story to go away. Seems an amateur move.

One can imagine the shitstorm happening in the Washington Post's, editor-in-chief's office. They won't be too fucking happy about it.

[IMG] Anonymous @YourAnonNews · 1m
    It is going to be dark soon; We call on the whole #Anonymous collective to focus attention to police brutality tonight. #OpFerguson

If one single round is fired into that crowd of protesters, they will bring a major fucking shitstorm down upon themselves, the like, you wouldn't believe could happen.
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 6m
    Was arrested

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 5m
    Also Ryan Reilly of Huffington Post Assaulted and arrested

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 4m
    Officers decided we weren't leaving McDonalds quickly enough, shouldn't have been taping them.

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 3m
    Released without any charges, no paperwork whatsoever

Refusing to give us any names of the officers

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 52s
    Officers slammed me into a fountain soda machine because I was confused about which door they were asking me to walk out of

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 46s
    Was waiting to be taken away, large black man SCREAMING for help in back of police truck

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 36s
    They refused his several calls for paramedics

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 18s
    "I'm dying. I'm dying. Please call help he screamed." They mocked him.

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 46s
    Detained, booked, given answers to no questions. Then just let out.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Ryan J. Reilly @ryanjreilly · 22m
    Well, @WesleyLowery and I have been released. That was an experience.

Got no explaination at any point why in custody other than "trespassing" - at a McDonald's where we were customers.

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 1m
    I'm emotional, but need to note: Ryan and I are fine. Have seen people in Ferguson hurt by gas/rubber bullets. This wasn't that.

TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · now
    DATA: In the past few months, Washington Post reporters have been arrested in two cities: Tehran, Iran and #Ferguson, MO. (Via @Max_Fisher)
    • Like Like x 3
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

"The chief thought he was doing you a favor" - police officer tells me about release. With no charges, no police report.

It's as if the arrest and the assaults never took place. Just opened the doors and let is out as if we'd let it go.

Matthew Keys@MatthewKeysLive 48s
    AUDIO: Listen to @RyanJReilly's phone call with MSNBC on his arrest in #Ferguson, Missouri.
    https://soundcloud.com/producermatthew/ryan-reilly-describes-ferguson-arrest-to-msnbc
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tinfoilhatter Member

the more i hear and read about this police department, the more it seems that they are poorly trained, and are DANGEROUSLY excessive with force.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rockyj Member

8. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Anonymous Operations @YourAnonGlobal · 59s
    BREAKING: All satellite trucks belonging to any media have been ordered to move out of the area or be subject to arrest. #Ferguson
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

I have forgotten to mention that MSNBC has been providing some exceptional coverage. There's a live broadcast from Ferguson on now.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

National Association of Black Journalists Statement on the Arrests of Wesley Lowery and Ryan J. Reilly

WASHINGTON (AUGUST 13, 2014) --The National Association of Black Journalists strongly condemns the arrests of Washington Post reporter Wesley Lowery and Huffington Post reporter Ryan J. Reilly in Ferguson, Missouri on Wednesday. Lowery, who is an NABJ member, and Reilly, are in Missouri covering the circumstances surrounding the killing of Michael Brown and the ensuing unrest.

Lowery and Reilly have stated they were working in a McDonald's when police ordered them and others to leave the restaurant. Lowery and Reilly say they then were assaulted and detained by police and released shortly thereafter without being charged with a crime.

Lowery tweeted, “Officers decided we weren't leaving McDonalds quickly enough, shouldn't have been taping them.”

“Journalists have a constitutionally protected right to work without the government interference,” NABJ President Bob Butler said. “We call on -- and fully expect -- the authorities to investigate what appears to be a violation of the First Amendment and to hold the officers involved to account, if necessary."

Lowery received NABJ’s Emerging Journalist of the Year award at the organization’s annual convention on Aug. 2. He is also a former member of NABJ’s Board of Directors.

Source:
    http://www.nabj.org/news/186548/NAB...ests-of-Wesley-Lowery-and-Ryan-J.-Reilly-.htm
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Rockyj Member

14. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 1m
    Six hours ago Ryan Reilly introduced himself to me in a McDonald's. Then we ended up in jail. Wonder what he's got planned for our second date.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. [IMG]

[IMG]

Cops are attacking reporters

Local resident - "The Police started this shit"

Everybody seems to be in shock, as police fired rubber bullets and tear gas into a residential neighborhood.
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  19. The excrement hits the air pushing device, we push their buttons, and then the government trolls appear on twitter, with their bullshit lies and innuendos. How very fucking predictable they all are.
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Sean Vanaman @vanaman · 40m
    People in Ferguson are living in the EXACT scenario that "cold dead hands" gun hoarders claim to be preparing for.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. Appreciation from the Facebook group Scientology Invasion of the Black Community:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScientologyInvasion.of.the.BlackCommunity/permalink/681867675228044/
    About the video:
  25. The Internet Member

Anonymous has a job to do when the police fail to do their job, like the Batman maybe?

Once the public start to take “Anonymous” as a real entity rather than some convenient bullshit people use to hide their names, then nasty people will use “Anonymous” to run Ops against their enemies. No wants.

Also, when people do not care about legal due process, society shifts to the One Rule to Rule Them All --i.e., the biggest asshole wins. No wants that either.

Yes, legal due process is slow. Yes, bad guys often go free. Still, way better than the One Rule.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. The Internet Member

So TheAnonMessage is fine with using vague threats as a means to extort something from the police. And apparently, he has elected himself judge and jury over the police without putting his own reputation on the line.

I would not trust this guy, personally. He acts like a Scientologist.

Scientologists do not need to respect authority because they are the authorities. They use bypass-tech. They bypass established systems of justice invented by corrupt and stupid wogs by setting up their own justice systems. They get to do this because they are better than other people.

There are ways to investigate and prosecute police officers who kill people for no good reason. Maybe people should do that rather than unravel the civil society that our ancestors worked hard to build. Those ancestors were not happy about vigilante justice and maybe we should think about that.

Also, why do we want to demonize the police in general? Aren’t many police officers good people, just as with every profession?
    • Like Like x 2
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

28. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

AqQvpIpJ_normal.jpeg TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 7m
    BREAKING NEWS: IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY PR, FOR WIDE RELEASE - National #DayOfRage for #Ferguson - #Anonymous
    http://pastebin.com/3fH6Nf2N

To all who are reading this,
    We are Anonymous.

We call upon the citizens of the United States to rise up and stand in solidarity with the people of Ferguson. They are currently fighting for their right to peacefully protest. The media will have you believe that these protesters are looters and criminals. This is certainly not the case. As we've seen tonight with our own eyes, the police began preemptively striking the protesters with tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash bangs. We've seen journalists assaulted and arrested, targeted by tear gas and rubber bullets, and told to turn off their cameras and move away or be subject to arrest. We witnessed as police threatened demonstrators to DISPERSE AND RETURN TO THEIR HOMES, and then firing tear gas in people's own yards.

We cannot sit still and watch this happen. It is our time to get off our chairs, turn off the TV, and make ourselves heard. Let us all stand in solidarity with Mike Brown, the people of Ferguson, and every single person that was brutality murdered by so-called authority.

Anonymous plans to assist with protests by leaving our keyboards and going on the ground with the people. Our collective will join those who demonstrate on the streets.

***DAY OF RAGE, AUGUST 14TH 2014***

CITIES (Hours correspond with local time for each city):

CHICAGO - 6:00PM (Richard J Daley Center, 50 W Washington St, Chicago, Illinois 60602)

DETROIT - 7:00PM (Hart Plaza, One Hart Plaza, Detroit, Michigan 48226)

NEW YORK - 7:00PM (Lower Manhattan: Union Square; Upper Manhattan: By Morningside Park entrance @ 123 Street and Morningside in Harlem; Brooklyn: Fulton Park in Bed-Stuy; Queens: Baisely Pond Park, Jamaica, New York 11436)

WASHINGTON D.C. - 7:00PM (Malcolm X Park, Washington, District of Columbia 20009)

BOSTON - 7:00PM (INSIDE BOSTON COMMON near the corner of Beacon St and Park St in front of the Massachusetts State House)

LOS ANGELES - 4:00PM (LEIMERT PLAZA PARK 4395 Leimert Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008)

NEW ORLEANS - 6:00PM (Lafayette Square, New Orleans, LA 70130)

(If your city is not mentioned, now is the time to organize.)

*=+*+=Wear red ribbons or arm bands to show your support.=+*=+*

#StandWithFerguson #OpFerguson

Expect Everyone.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. The Internet Member

I guess this was just one of those freaky coincidences?

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 2.35.35 AM.png
    • Like Like x 1
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 3m
    We call on the whole collective, activists, journalists, our followers to spread the following statement.

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 1m
    URGENT: During the last few hours we have witnessed how riot police have once again attacked peaceful protesters, including children 1/6

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 55s
    and journalists, ending in a total media blackout. This is unacceptable. We are calling on the whole Anonymous collective for an 2/6

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 39s
    emergency day of action. Research and collect medic guidelines, public telephone numbers of government officials to demand change. 3/6

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 23s
    Doxes - only - should be send to our email address - LegionGlobal@riseup.net - privately. Its time for Anonymous to evolve from a united 4/6

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 10s
    force into a uniting force. It's time to wake up Anons, not to sleep. It's time to prove one more time that we are a force to be reckoned 5/6

Operation Ferguson @OpFerguson · 29s
    with. Further information will be tweeted during the next hours. 6/6
    • Like Like x 1
  33. [IMG] TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 2h
    AUDIO TAPES: "The dispatcher in the tapes also mentions the department got info about the shooting from the news, rather than the officers."

Highly unorthodox and unusual behavior, in immediately resolving the Standard Operating Procedure. In this case, the lack thereof. Most certainly panic stricken.More than likely, getting their story's aligned, before calling it in.

Why the response time delay? I would start there.
  34. You just know things are really "that bad" when the Guardian gets hold of it.

Ferguson police fire teargas and rubber bullets at Michael Brown protesters

Two reporters arrested as crackdown on demonstrations in St Louis following killing of unarmed black 18-year-old continues
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/14/ferguson-police-teargas-rubber-bullets-michael-brown

BUT WAIT! there's more

^^

The following is a statement on the incident from Washington Post Executive Editor Martin D. Baron:
    Wesley has briefed us on what occurred, and there was absolutely no justification for his
    arrest.

He was illegally instructed to stop taking video of officers. Then he followed officers’ instructions to leave a McDonald’s — and after contradictory instructions on how to exit, he was slammed against a soda machine and then handcuffed. That behavior was wholly unwarranted and an assault on the freedom of the press to cover the news. The physical risk to Wesley himself is obvious and outrageous.

After being placed in a holding cell, he was released with no charges and no explanation. He was denied information about the names and badge numbers of those who arrested him.
    We are relieved that Wesley is going to be OK. We are appalled by the conduct of police officers involved.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

See' .. And that, i bet, is putting it mildly. Arresting a Washington Post reporter. That's smart.
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

TheAnonMessage@TheAnonMessage 2m
    BREAKING NEWS: The name of the officer who shot #MikeBrown -
    NAME:. , Respondent -
    #Ferguson #Anonymous

TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 11s
    NEXT RELEASES IF @stlcountypd doesn't respond:

1) PHOTO

2) ADDRESS w/ PHOTO

3) FULL D0X

#Anonymous #Ferguson

TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 49s
    AT 10:00 AM CT - PHOTO WILL BE RELEASED. (If no response)

TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 33s
    AT 12:00PM CT - Address will be released. (If no response)

TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 58s
    At 2:00PM CT - FULL D0X will be released (if no response)
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. fishypants Moderator