Customize

Riverside County Proposes New Ordinance

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Forgott3nAnon, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Forgott3nAnon Member

Riverside County Proposes New Ordinance

Digg - Riverside CA proposing constraints on freedom of speech?

2. coskilla Member

Re: Riverside County Proposes New Ordinance

Im giong to say the obvious but they wont be happy until no protest are allowed their. jeff stone your totally low on the tone scale, you right above worm food to me.
  3. diesel1967 Member

Please note that the ordinance will ban targetted picketing within 30 feet of the property line, not 30 feet from the residence. The Riverside County is attempting to blindside protesters with the wording of ordinance 884
  4. twistedpuppet Member

Call in the ACLU?
  5. pacora Member

Anyone going to the meeting tomorrow but not going to address the board, please donate your time to me (or any other person willing to speak)!
  6. Anonymous Member

^^^^
    THIS
    DO IT SOCAL!!!
  7. fotoanon Member

It would be lovely of the Supervisors would have a nice meeting on a weekend so M-F working types could make it :(
  8. anonhuff Member

No problem just join scientology and get some face to face time with 4 of the 5 supervisors on the board! Easy!
  9. HelenaKobrin Member

The stupid crooks passed the violation of people's rights, 4 to 1.
  10. exOT8Michael Member

Any hot data from the Rivercide war front?
  11. Obi-Wan-anon Member

How many times does this have to keep coming up?

If any other business got as many "bomb threats and death threats" as the cult has, and the police were unable to tie it to anyone, wouldn't there be more screaming?

I mean, how inept does the authorities have to be that they can't trace a phone call, or get the Feds involved if it uses the mail? There should be records of the investigations that have been started, right?

Face it, cult, people are starting to see through your lies.

Can't wait until the day when the answer to the question "Are you a Scientologist" is answered with "No, I'm not that frikkin' stupid".
  12. parrotnut Member

Is there an ordinance 884 rant thread? A Jeff Stone slam thread? If not...guess I`ll start one. I`m still in a daze over what an IDIOT Stone is for thinking it`s ok for 2 people to get arrested on PUBLIC property for trespassing!
  13. Herro Member

Yeah, bullshit ordinances keep getting passed and the best anon has been able to do in response is to change "side" to "cide" in "Riverside."
  14. Anonymous Member

And hey, Herro, thanks for all you do...
  15. RightOn Member

uugghhh how many threads are there on this? There is like three different ones???
    Can't it be put all in one spot?
  16. snakeyes Member

yeah, but it's taken 40 years and look how much power they still have.
  17. rummychick99 Member

Yes, an ex-cop got up and spoke and mentioned the word "homicide" when talking about an investigation he did there.
  18. Re: Riverside County Proposes New Ordinance

Yes, Stone is an idiot. But I am about to defend him on one point (and then scold him on another).

The frivolousness of the arrests is pretty apparent to those who have spent time reviewing the video. Regardless, when lawmakers stick to the business at hand and don't try to make judgments on pending cases, that's a good thing.

Stone should have referred to "alleged tresspassing" each time he commented on it (every first-year law and journalism student knows that, but I guess they don't teach you that in pharmacy school). In this regard, he was really displaying bias against the protestors.
  19. parrotnut Member

The video was played for Stone, he could see that the sheriff`s were talking to Mark and Doug in front of the guard shack. It`s OBVIOUS to even stupid Stone that there was NO reason for the arrest(s)! The sheriff didn`t say "let`s move off to the side so we don`t block the driveway"!
  20. Scatman Member

The fact is: The representatives of organized scientology habitually lie. A tactic of OSA is to make phony bomb and death threats and attribute them to their "enemies".
    Remember, organized scientology accuses others of the very things that it does.
  21. exOT8Michael Member

You are absolutely right.
    Just listen to what Scientology spokesholes accuse others of doing and that reveals the exact crimes the culties are committing.
  22. Re: Riverside County Proposes New Ordinance

Well actually, yeah, the deputy did clearly say "I need you to move and not block the driveway" and many other similar comments on tape. But that's a red herring. If blocking the driveway were the issue, the arrest would have been for blocking ingress and egress. But instead, the charge was for tresspassing. Catherine Fraser lied to the deputies by saying "They tresspassed 10 minutes ago -- arrest them!" or some other such nonsense, and the deputy thought it reasonable, for whatever reason, to go ahead and arrest them.

The video shows that, for a period of 5 minutes and 2 seconds, neither Doug (the cameraman) nor Mark ever stepped onto private property. This is important evidence, but not enough by itself to convince any reasonable person that tresspassing did or did not happen at some point during the afternoon.

OK, I won't say anything else that might be construed as defending that douchebag Stone.
  23. Hicks Member

Just sayin, but they have made clear that this ordinance wouldn't apply in the case of the golden era production studios if I'm correct. Let's not panic over this ;)
  24. rummychick99 Member

The code that was used is a trespassing violation. In the description of said code you will find the part about blocking entry. I am not clear if the First Mark was arrested for where he was standing or something that happened before that moment. You will also see the fat cop tell GB he is trespassing when he is clearly further down the street than the first Mark under the idea that he is blocking vehicles that need to turn. It is not that he is on their property..he is blocking entry. That is the rope they are trying to hang people with ...at least on that day.

Stone's wife/sister (don't know her relation) was closer to blocking the entry of the child molester than the people who were arrested at Gold and Lirra pointed this out to the Board - or at least that the group was closer. It was hard to tell what she was saying because she didn't have the hand held mike at that point.
  25. anonhuff Member

Do they even have enough people left there they trust to leave? Because I forsee them having as many vehicles entering and exiting that main gate as possible next time protesters are there. That's a big if though on the allowing people to drive a vehicle out of gold base.
  26. Re: Riverside County Proposes New Ordinance

Rummy, you are absolutely right, upon re-reading 602.1(a), it is highly likely that Fraser claimed that Doug and Mark were "obstructing or intimidating those attempting to carry on business" by standing in front of the guard shack. Silly claim, but the cops bought it.

My point was that not even the estimable Supervisor Buster shouted out "ZOMG that's false arrest" after only seeing the video. It's one of several pieces of evidence that would be used within the context of a more comprehensive case.

P.S. For anyone reading this who doesn't already know that 602.1(c) completely excludes picketers from the provisions of 602.1(a), well, it does. Fraser either didn't bother to read 602.1(c), or purposely hid her knowledge of it from the deputies (she was holding a printout of 602.1(a) and a highway code at the time). Either way, it's got the makings for a pretty juicy false arrest lawsuit.
  27. Relyt Member

Jeff Stone's relation with Scientology seems to be somewhat similar to what Leroy Baca, Los Angeles County Sheriff's affiliation was a few years ago when he was trying to push Narconon into the valley. Lee still seems to hang around them here and there... He doesn't seem to like us. However, the mayor of Los Angeles supposedly has a problem with Scientology, but I cannot confirm that.

Now, in Stone's case, he seems to have a personal connection with Scientology in that he's against Psychiatry and the use of medical drugs. He most likely took interest in CCHR's strong stance against Psychiatry, and ate up every bit of information presented by the CCHR. Because they both have the same opinions about Psychiatry, the CCHR must be giving him well-researched facts, and because he trusts the CCHR and Scientology, he trusts what they have to say about their critics as well.