Customize

Riverside County Sheriff receives Scientology donation

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Smurf, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Smurf Member

Riverside County Sheriff receives Scientology donation

...for his re-election campaign.

Sheriff Sniff raises campaign funds (excerpted)

Riverside County Sheriff Stanley Sniff amassed almost $100,000 in contributions within four months of forming his campaign committee in August 2008, according to campaign finance reports.

The reports filed with the Riverside County Registrar of Voters show contributors included current and retired sheriff's personnel, home builders, judges and small business owners.

The election is scheduled for June 2010.

The Board of Supervisors appointed Sniff sheriff in September 2007 after Bob Doyle abruptly resigned to take a spot on the state parole board.

Other contributors included: San Jacinto-based potato grower Agri-Empire ($5,000), Beaumont-based building and contracting company Baldi Bros. ($5,000), Supervisor Marion Ashley ($500), Beverly Bailey, CEO of Stronghold Engineering ($250), and Muriel Dufresne, spokeswoman for Golden Era Productions, a division of the Church of Scientology ($250)

Sheriff raises campaign funds | Riverside County | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: Riverside County Sheriff receives Scientology donation

Nice find.
  3. mrfyde Member

Im not sure that $250 is gonna buy off an entire dept. it is more of a good will type donation. Not saying that they are not expecting good will.
  4. subgenius Member

Old joke:
    "Will you have sex with me for a million dollars?
    Ummmmm, OK.
    How about 10?
    What, do you think I'm a whore?
    We've established that, now we're just quibbling about the price."
  5. xenubarb Member

I was wondering about some peripheral type donations that might also butter Scientology's path into the sheriffs dept.

Police Athletic League activities, civic sponsorship of sheriff dept. projects, the Purif for officers exposed to meth labs, and the big ass warning on the horizon, when Stone opened his yap to deliver a warning straight out of Narconon brochures about "pharma parties."

Could a state-sponsored Criminon or Second Chance be in Riverside's future? I mean, considering cult tool Jeff Stone is already fearmongering about OOO DRUG USE AND PHARMA PARTIES!!!

Booga booga, fuckers. Do some research, Rivercide!
  6. CantPickaName Member

hey Barb

Is there a transcript to compare what Stone said and the NarCONon literature? How much of it was verbatim?
  7. basil Member

There's a video on this page: Narconon of Ga: Pharm Parties and a link to a site I've not seen mentioned before - Narconon Drug Rehab Drug Rehab Solution

Also a news site: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=52559&cat=15

This 'pharma party' thing sounds rather wierd to me - who'd want to overdose on laxatives?
  8. LilDebbie Member

dude, uncontrollable diarrhea is all the rage these days. where've you been?
  9. basil Member

Evidently taking all the wrong stuff...
  10. xenubarb Member

LOL...and if you take Milk of Magnesia along with Kaopectate, is that a speedball?

I heard ppl have been seriously hurt when that clog finally racks into the barrel and expels. You can lose an eye that way...

Also, Opti, google 'pharm parties, narconon, cchr.'

All the drivel you could possibly want, much of which is drooling out of Stone's lying face to set the stage for something beneficial to the cult, no doubt.
  11. subgenius Member

Somewhere I had posted a link to the event Stone was involved in with teens....I thought immediately it really smelled of NarConon....simplistic crap....although there was free pizza, etc., I wonder how many kids, especially at risk kids showed up....
  12. Optimisticate Member

Narconon Georgia has been kind enough to keep us on top of the latest drug fads including what to bring to a pharm/pharma party, how to smoke crack and where to buy your supplies, and what to raid veterinary offices for. Just googling the first two in the news section, using all dates finds plenty of articles just from last year (and I bet they're all Wed or Thurs dates too).

Narconon Newport Beach (the one that's so popular on ripoffreport) looks to be about 60 miles from Rivercide as the crow flies. NNB isn't too popular with its neighbors right now. Move planned in the near future?

I had seen this same article earlier and I think that full donation lists should be available. Need to look into individual names and corporate affiliations a little more closely as well. There goes my lunch hour. Damn, and it's Tequila Friday too.
  13. Ann O'Nymous Member

This reminds me of one of the last Grisham's books. It is easy to create multiple ad hoc groups that receive and donate limited amounts to escape scrutiny. But it could be worth a try.
  14. eddieVroom Member

This looks almost identical to the list of contributors to Jeff Stone. And I'll say it again: Muriel seems to be getting amazing mileage out of that $50 per week if those are personal donations she's making...

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/121-raids/jeff-stone-fundraiser-raid-40861/4/#post779746

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/121-raids/jeff-stone-fundraiser-raid-40861/4/#post779898
  15. Ann O'Nymous Member

It is so similar that I wonder if it is not a mix-up.
  16. Scatman Member

You should try overdosing on laxatives. It is literally loads of fun!