Customize

Riverside County supervisors to take up revised picketing proposal

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by AnonLover, Jan 4, 2009.

1. AnonLover Member

2. Re: Riverside County supervisors to take up revised picketing proposal

[IMG]

Login system is buggy on my end, so will re-attempt further on in the morn'.
  3. NotBobMinton Member

Re: Riverside County supervisors to take up revised picketing proposal

No problem. If they pass a minimum distance law, we'll just have to protest the cult compound in front of Hemet's more heavily trafficked areas. Grocery stores, business districts, town square, city hall.

grocery - Google Maps

Seems silly to me, but if they want to force us into town, so be it. We can keep to whatever distance from the compound city council wants.
  4. xenubarb Member

Heh, NotBM. Too true.

Sucks to be them, doesn't it? Of course, the point there isn't us reaching vast numbers of residents and handing out material we can't really distribute on a highway. No, they want and need to keep their little dwindling army of slaves from seeing or thinking anything related to saying "Fuck this shit, I want my life back!"

If we are effectively banned from picketing Gold Base, we are simply going to get more creative. DM should be happy with what he's got right now. He ain't gonna like it if we have to go creative on his ass.

Creative might cost a little more. But it'll be worth it.
  5. francie Member

Even if the Riverside County Supervisors REJECT the ordinance, I think some of the nearby Anons should picket/protest in the local towns AS WELL AS in front of Gold Base.
  6. AnonLover Member

fix'd
  7. Skeptic1337 Member

How much does it cost to have one of the sky writing planes scribble OT3 all over the nice desert sky?

lol
  8. Anon_1HG Member

listening live nao... http://209.128.123.171/ppportal/agenda/webcast.aspx

Stone is going on about freedom of religion at the moment. He's glad he lives in a country where he could choose to be a scientologist. Although he's not...
  9. Anon_1HG Member

First speaker in a mask. LOL

Edit - First speaker caught off guard when asked by a council member if she was a member of Anonymous. She was flustered and said she protests anonymously but was not necessarily a member of anonymous.

Smurf up next and told Stone he was colluding with Scientology. Nice
  10. LRonAnon Member

Reports here yet?
  11. AnonLover Member

smurf and pope did alright. graham was pure awesome with few words!!! and glibby took on the black pr nicely. AO a wee bit more toned down than last time.

EDIT: live webscast still going
  12. SwordSworn Member

Jeff stone is a cunt
  13. anon4eva Member

Thanks anon1G--can't get the webcast, no windows-got mac

keep us posted>? :)
  14. TheBitch Member

Why oh why did they end with the most inarticulate Anon they could find? Could someone pl0x have a chat with AnonOrange and maybe get him to at least fucking REHEARSE wtf he's going to say, and trying to stay ON POINT instead of talking about stuff unrelated to PROPERTY LINES etc.

Roy Wilson's got it right... "all around the property, at the blue dome place."

Fucking AnonOrange getting up at the end threatening the board with lawsuits for months is just a really stellar idea. Great going... excellent job. Welcome to "how to alienate and offend powerful strangers," a new reality show.
  15. AnonLover Member

disappointment so far... nobody brought out about the scilons fence being in front of the actual property line, and theres unfinished bizness the board never addressed with the cults ploy to get prop lines redefined to match where the fence illegally sits
  16. Snake Member

Well if competent anons were there, that would be a different story!
  17. AnonLover Member

fk me - unamious vote yes
  18. LRonAnon Member

I hope someone captures this.
  19. TheBitch Member

Total fail, as if that were a surprise. Unanimously adopted. WTG HemetIsCrucial fags!!!!1!!
  20. AnonLover Member

two things tapped on at the end... county to work with sheriffs department to define specifically where protesters can be, and a followup in 6 months to review how many incidents cause popo actions under the ordinance.
  21. Snake Member

This will totally backfire on them when there nutball rightwing extremists wanna protest some whore/crack/rave house....

Fuck the 909!
  22. AnonLover Member

the webcast is archived on the link above, but only works in IE and nobody been able to figure out how to poach that footage off of their site.
  23. Top Grunge Member

So this is about a property line....which is on both sides of the road...making it impossible to protest anywhere near the entrance right?

Still 50 ft is not very far. many raids are 50 feet away, thats like across the street. But Gold is diff cause its on both sides.

So now I guess the inevitable battle of where protest is ok?
  24. Anon_1HG Member

25. SwordSworn Member

That means they get 6 months to namefag anyone who stands up for free speech all they have to do is go through ticket records when they see people get fined
  26. AnonLover Member

the property line issue did not come up... but that likely what were going into now... protesters bagged & fined for being too close to fence and under the limit set in the ordinance, when the fence aint on the actual property line.

they also ignored graham's arguement that it should of been clarified that properties zoned for mixed use (both residential and commercial) not ruled out in regards too the ordinance applying to resendential-only properties.
  27. Anon_1HG Member

This. I liked his example that you can protest at the White house even though the President "lives" upstairs.
  28. TheBitch Member

it's fucking simple. You download it like a JewTube video. I couldn't get the first meeting to play so I had to download it.
  29. AnonLover Member

ahh my bad then. i cant get their webcasts too successfuly download - errors out and dont let me save shit.
  30. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Good to hear that the sheriffs department are setting the lines, and that they'll monitor. If nothing else, we will have established EXACTLY where they claim their property lines to be. Then, we can compare against county records to see if they match. Any errors can be used to show failure to follow the supervisor's orders.

And about the other part - "a followup in 6 months to review how many incidents cause popo actions under the ordinance" - they can look at the LAST 6 mo to see how many incidents caused police actions. And see who made the calls. And how many were justified.

How about those stats, Co$?
  31. xenubarb Member

What you wanna bet a protest are will be defined and the fucking Scilons will point those big ass speakers directly at it. And what you wanna bet the sheriff's dept won't do anything if we complain, and will arrest us if we move out of range of that 110 decibel, ear-shattering noise?
  32. restim Member

I'm neither dumb enough nor drunk enough to take that bet.
  33. Obi-Wan-anon Member

But NOW we have the actual County reg stating the limit of the noise. It's a RESIDENTIAL area, remember?
  34. Forseti Member

OMFG that would be WIN WIN WIN.....

but how about "Scientology is a cult"

It would be seen for MILES around!

You can do Skybanners too. I just looked into it a little bit and I cannot get a quote without giving my personal info. If I was namefagged already, I would do it. Oh well
  35. blah Member

A.C.L.U.
  36. parrotnut Member

Nobody taking that bet....
  37. adhocrat Member

When I worked in industry we had to wear ear protection, mandated for any noise over 85 (for 4 hours or more) or 90 (any exposure) dB.

Wonder what OSHA versus OSA would be like?
  38. Obi-Wan-anon Member

It seems, that from reading the county regs, that there's supposed to be an absolute limit of 70Db on noise.

One of the targeted businesses are recycling centers.

Maybe local anon's should stop by the local recycling center and start a conversation. If I had a business that was in fear of fines due to noise, or have already been fined, I sure would be interested in a "residence" that's allowed to blare at 110Db without police intervention.

Might even want to speak in front of the board of supervisors to see what their thoughts are.

Just sayin'...
  39. restim Member

Not sure which reg you got that from, but http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.riverside.ca.us/ords/800/847.pdf looks useful (IANAL).

Note that the sections quoted here are not limited to noise that is audible in "other occupied property", nor does enforcement require any equipment more sophisticated than a tape measure.

It appears that the cult is in absolute violation of this ordinance if its noise is audible 200 feet away from the speaker. Also, the public health department has an enforcement role. The cult's influence there may be less profound than within the sheriff's department. If it is possible to involve public health in a complaint, the sheriff's department may be less inclined to ignore it.

40. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Got my reference from a quick read of this: Riverside County California Building Codes

http://www.rctlma.org/planning/content/zoning/ordnance/ord348d.html

For recycling facilities, they list this: The facility shall not exceed noise levels of 60 dBA as measured at the exterior property line of residentially zoned property. In no event shall the noise level exceed 70 dBA. From that, I assumed that 70Db was the max.

But a "residential area" that's louder than a recycling center?