Customize

Riverside Ordinance has passed (4:1 vote)

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by 0815, Feb 24, 2009.

1. 0815 Member

Riverside Ordinance has passed (4:1 vote)

Today is a dark day for freedom in Riverside. County Ordinance 884 restricting residential pickets has just passed in a 4:1 vote (Counsel man Buster voted with No).

What effect will this have on Gold Base pickets?
  2. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: Riverside Ordinance has passed (4:1 vote)

Golden Era Productions is a business.
  3. Anonymous Member

So since it's a business, Gold is not affected?
  4. A.Non Hubbard Member

We'll see
  5. Suzette Member

Yeah, they said over and over that this has no effect on the protests at Gold. On the other hand, they said that this was to protect the one Scilon speaker living at Gold who said she was being harassed.

Either it will do nothing, or they're going to have one hell of an ugly legal mess on their hands.
  6. basil Member

Don't they claim 500 people live at Gold? So why is only one feeling harrassed when she isn't even being targetted in any way?

They must have some damn good stuff on Stone to get him to put his political career on the line in this way.
  7. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Gold is not affected. This is not a victory for Scientology, but it has given us both fair game ammo as Katharine Frasier (sp?) tried to smeer GB, Bunker and others in front of the council.

We also got great footage of a butthurt Stone. Video compaliation of Stone being a douche and a tool, pls.
  8. 0815 Member

Don't they have AO already on their hands :p
  9. xenubarb Member

I loved Fraser's "let me tell you what kind of people these are" and getting smacked down by the Board before she could even start in on dead agenting Graham Berry and others.

It is OKAY! We will see what the cult's next move is, and counter it.
    Keep this in mind, Scientology is not a religion, but they have tax exemption as the IRS's chosen.
    Gold Base is not a residential neighborhood.
    If, somehow, it gets redefined as such, new laws and restrictions will come into play.

Safety gates to the road. Removal of razor wire. Gold Note broadcasting banned.

They better ask if this is what they really want. Open gates, no razor wire...free access to the outside from inmates...oh yeah.
    Let the game begin!
  10. Edweird Member

how about this as a gameplan.

If they claim the compound is "residential" then request the parcel inspected by state authorities to establish which locations are indeed used as "crew berthing" or "slave containment" as I call it. Also while the compound is being inspected might as well request the state health inspector check on the work conditions of the alleged 500 employees contained within.
  11. Consensus Member

If it were as simple as requesting inspections, don't you think we'd have done it by now?

Not that your end-goal is a bad one. I just think a little more brainstorming is in order. How do we get to a point where the state authorities and health inspectors will follow through on our request?
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

So, possibly, this vote will bring more harm than good for scientology.
  13. themadhair Member

The bottom line is that IF the sheriff tries to shut down any protest then this meeting will be dynamite evidence.

Question is – who is prepared to get arrested?
  14. A.Non Hubbard Member

The only health and safety inspection I know of that took place at Gold Base was the one after the death of Stacy Moxon Meyer. They were fined, but I don't know how much.
  15. Herro Member

meh, you win some you lose some.
  16. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Seing as how you can probably geta good chunk of cash as a result of a nice lawsuit, I can see how plenty of people in need of money would do it.
  17. mooolymool Member

Isnt this as simple as:

You can picket Gold Base at any place. You can say/write/scream whatever name/statement you want, since the residents are outside the text of this new "law"?
  18. LilDebbie Member

the question being, did anyone test the ordinance immediately after the meeting?
  19. coskilla Member

scilong fuqers is only one place no victory for them
  20. zuzuspetals Member

Less than $200.
  21. CLOCKSHIT Member

It will most likely be tested the first time a protest takes place. The Sheriff will be extremely glad to arrest anyone he can (should be nice to keep for next election).

The part that needs to be put together is the defense in the case. Something must be said about free speech, the right to demonstrate and the constitutional amendments this law breaks.

So any Anon ready to protest at Gold should be prepared for any possible action by the Sheriff. This can be an epic win with the right people!

Protest with people ready to shout their rights are being denied, the reason for any arrest (why am I being arrested?, the news media there, etc.....

However easy for me to say, I don't envy the drama this can cause in anyone's personal life. And if you don't protest there is no shame because you have already won! You have demonstrated how easy it is for this CULT to blur reality and request nonsense legislation.

IMHO
  22. coskilla Member

I know its been discussed but we know the board may not be scifags but does anyone think they are taking $ from the co$
  23. CLOCKSHIT Member

Does anyone have the exact quote of the bylaw?
  24. RightOn Member

I say if possible.....protest with the media there to capture everything.
    Is that news team willing to go back again?
  25. rummychick99 Member

Need someone undercover
  26. none given Member

bump.
  27. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

We need to make a video showing Stone as a tool, that's for fucking sure. How does one download the videos on the site? I can do it if I know how to, I got plenty of RAAAAGGE!! because of Stone's behaviour.
  28. RightOn Member

tru dat
    both would be great
  29. BTANONNYC Member

what site are you referring to?
  30. i'mglib Member

All I can say is the Riverside County Supervisors are lying sacks of s%^T, except for Bob Buster. That man is a hero, unfortunately surrounded by swine.

The woman who was the first to speak absolutely knocked it out of the park. She eviscerated Jeff Stone, but did it very neatly. She pointed out the association between Stone and Alhadeff, the Scientology lawyer who helped write the ordinance. She called the supervisors Chicago-style politicians, and she's right. Stone and everyone else LIED about this, because at the first meeting they were asking Alhadeff the details about the ordinance. They even asked ALHADEFF whether people would be able to picket in front of Gold at all. He answered one word: Yes.

But I think that's a lie, too.

I think Pamela Walls lied when she said that picketing can continue, and that it won't affect Gold Base protest. Why then, when Catherine Fraser got up and talked about being "THE VICTIM" and about safety and car crashes, WHY DIDN'T PAMELA WALLS INTERRUPT HER AND SAY, "Honey, there will STILL be protests at Gold. This ordinance won't stop them."

The reason is because she's lying. What she says is not what's written. What's written is you can't protest 30 feet from the property line. It doesn't say 30 feet from a residence. So if you have a huge ranch with a little house hundreds of feet from the property line, it doesn't mean that protesters can protest anywhere in front of the property. What she said was nonsense.

I fear what will happend is her words will be a distant echo that will eventually be lost, be it in 6 months, a year, or a couple of years. Certainly as soon as possible the Scientologists will pressure the sherrif to interpret the ordinance, and it will be different than what was said today in the meeting.

I have never seen a slimier group of politicians (except Buster).

I thought the speakers did well (mostly) and that the vote was already a done deal, so anything anyone said didn't matter. Stone and some of the others have received thousands of dollars from Alhadeff and Scientologists. They're simply crooks.

ONE MORE THING. That epic random woman at the beginning who is a resident was going to speak again during the public comments at the end of the meeting. She was SO GOOD.
  31. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

^ You mean Lara Bishop? She was absolutely lovely. Anyone has her dox so I can write her? :)

As far as I'm concerned, this is the only site the videos are on.

EDIT:
    Certainly, but the ordinance is drafted for targeted residential picketing. We've never targeted the residents and will not do so. Scientology will abuse the ordinance and claim we are... I sense one or more lawsuits coming up because of this.
  32. CLOCKSHIT Member

County of Riverside - Ordinances

Ordinance 884 is not on the list!
    889 repealed 888 so where is the dox that indicate 884 was passed?
  33. moarxenu Member

If this is true it is an outrageous blow to free speech. I would like to see Anons plan a raid on Gold and invite other free speech groups to join us.
  34. restim Member

The first four meetings can also be viewed at xenu-directory.net. The stream comes from the Rivercide site, but the indexing is done at xenu-directory. Click on an annotation to see how it works.

Ray will add today's meeting soon after I have the annotations done, which will not be until Thursday or Friday.

I sense one or more picketers being dragged through the corrupt Rivercide County "justice" system on bogus charges of violating this ordinance. That's why the cult has been pushing for it so hard in the first place. The culties don't care that the supervisors and the county counsel say it doesn't apply at Gold Base. As soon as they convince ONE lazy or ill-informed sheriff's deputy to lay a charge under the ordinance, the full force of the state will come crashing down on the victim.

Look at the shit going on with AO. Regardless of his asshattery, there is no way he should have been subjected to that beating, much less charged. But now HE is being dragged through the courts. Even if he is acquitted, it's a big win for the cult and a big hassle for AO.
  35. basil Member

One post indicates two have already been arrested.
  36. Ima Nonymous Member

Mark Bunker and Mark Lowell, apparently.
  37. LilDebbie Member

so when's the next county supervisor's meeting so we can all show up and take turns playing clips of the supervisors lying through their teeth and asking them to comment?
  38. reznik Member

arrests?

edit: damn too late
  39. Anonymous Member

ACLU?
  40. q_p Member

I have an idea. How about advertise to all the pedos and other creeps in the nation looking for a safe place to live to move to Hemet because of the protection one gets when it comes to protesting one's residence? That would be a awesome burn!