Customize

Riverside Ordinance has passed (4:1 vote)

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by 0815, Feb 24, 2009.

1. LilDebbie Member

Re: Riverside Ordinance has passed (4:1 vote)

i fully support this idea as it is made of awesome and win
  2. terryeo2 Member

Where can we get political contribution dox on Mr.Stone and co? This guy needs to be exposed for the cult shill that he is.

1. Get contribution dox
    2. Write awesome flyer exposing link with COS contributions
    3. Pass out in town
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!!!!!
  3. Scatman Member

Riverside County Ordinance 884: New name

Ordinance 884 should be named:
    The Riverside County Pedophile Protection Ordinance
  4. Anonymous Member

ok, martyrs needed.
    Whos up for their 72 virgins, lololol
  5. mnql1 Member

6. sock Member

Edit: ^ What he said.
  7. whoever Member

I like this.
  8. incog712 Member

Assuming that she wasn't lying, todays actions in front of Gold can only serve to demonstrate to her just how she can expect to see this ordinance abused by the cult if it does make it through the final vote.

If she did have any doubts, one can only hope that the lights are coming on for her right about now as she considers just how much money the county is going to have to spend in trying to defend this legislation over time, now that the cult has made their own intentions clear.
  9. TinyDancer Member

You, Sir, have done excellent work on indexing previous videos and I thank you for it all. Anything I can do to help?
  10. Bewbies Member

500 scilons living at Gold?

Are there even 500 scilons left.. period?
  11. mnql1 Member

Just to set the record straight, it was restim who did the excellent indexing work and created the Riverside Ordinance media aid.
  12. Optimisticate Member

Bob Buster did not vote to pass it. I believe this will make him a target of scientology in ways Anons may never know about. I am concerned for his safety.
  13. T.W.C_Anon Member

Perhaps someone local to Riverside can contact him and offer /b/ackup?
  14. TinyDancer Member

You sir are a lazy layabout and need to get off your couch and do something for Chanology.

:p
  15. 12 hour nap Member

I’m not sure if it is to late for this but I’ll put it out there anyways.

I know this ordinance is a bunch of crap based on baseless innuendo and it would be ideal if it was dismissed altogether but I doubt that will happen with Stone there. Another problem is we’ve let them take control over the content of the ordinance. I think (if there is still time left) that it would be good to put forth specific suggestions for what should be in the ordinance and try to make it difficult or impossible to exploit.

My idea is to recommend that the ordinance be amended to state that if a property is fenced off, such as Gold Base is, that the ordinance will only prohibit picketing from being within 30 feet of any entrances or openings.

This would be in line with the publicly stated intention of the ordinance which is to protect residents because any fenced off areas don’t really need additional protection and residents can’t be “held captive” in their homes if the entrances and exits are free from protestors. It would also undercut the CoS’s hidden intentions by preserving Anon’s ability to picket near Gold property due to the big scary fence. I believe it would also get good approval from the supervisors (Stone may even be forced to accept it or look like a tool).
  16. rummychick99 Member

Mark Lowell posted that the new proposal is based on this case

http://www.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/00/10/992146P.pdf

I don't know where he got the info.

The old proposal was based on a case in the ninth circuit.

Why the change? I don't know. 8th circuit is not for the State of California. But restim pointed out that Riverside left out this clause :

(c) This section shall not apply to any picketing, focused or otherwise,
    which lawfully occurs before or about any commercial or industrial
    establishment or business, regardless of where located.

I suggest if you want to propose an amendment that you do so with this clause ..and ask why it was left out.
  17. 12 hour nap Member

Unfortunately I can't personally go to the Supervisors meetings and suggest anything since I don't live even vaguely close to that area. I was simply pointing out a suggestion of what could possibly be done, maybe by someone who actually can do something about it.
  18. TinyDancer Member

Alternatively, I've thought it could be useful to add that, in the case of mixed-use properties, the 30 feet are to be measured from the residential building.
  19. 12 hour nap Member

There are probably a number of good suggestions, including those above. Regardless of the specifics, I think it would be a good idea to put forth at least something like this. As it stands we've let it become an all-or-nothing affair. If some sort of third option is presented such as TinyDancer's then the supervisors may pick up on it as a compromise.
  20. restim Member

It's worth a try but don't get your hopes up.

There have been several suggestions to exclude mixed use properties from the ordinance, which have been ignored.

Gee, I wonder which mixed use property this ordinance is designed to protect. Any guesses?
  21. ScudMuffin Member

What you want to do is, when the next anti pedobear picket is held, have someone go down when mr stone is there, make sure the ordinance is enforced and make sure that it's all got on camera (30 feet from property line for targetted residences). Then see how stone likes it, if he tries to get around it point out that it was an ordinance that he brought forward. Then go to the next meeting and bring it up with enough minutes donated to play the vid.

Hard Mode Bonus: He gets arrested for faliure to comply with ordinance.
    Ultra-Hard Mode Bonus Unlockable: He gets done for resisting arrest with a 'don't you know who I am' speech.
  22. Obi-Wan-anon Member

^^^ THIS ^^^

Local anons, keep an eye out for ANY protests being held ANYWHERE in Riverside Co. Have a copy of the ordnance handy, and whenever anyone violates the law, ask the Sherriff to perform a citizen's arrest. If the local courts see an increase in arrests because of this ordnance, and the public sees their rights being taken away, the council will have to revisit.

To all the child molesters in Riverside Co, don't forget to include Jeff Stone on your speed-dial list. When the protests start, call him and ask for the same protection that the Cult has.

Even better, if you're a child molester in Riverside Co, just proclaim yourself to be a Scientologist. That way, their legal team will have to show up to defend your rights...
  23. anonhuff Member

I'd love to see how many "residents" of gold base donated the maximum amount allowed by law to jeff stone's campaign. The same "residents" that earn 50 bucks a week and get only a couple hours off every other saturday to do laundry. Smells like he's prepping the board for some narconon intrusion into riverside with his pharma party bullshit.

Who needs to raise over 4 million dollars to win an election against someone who raised 0 dollars? Stinnnnky.
  24. Re: Riverside Ordinance has passed (4:1 vote)

There is no maximum. An individual is free to contribute as much as he wants to the campaign fund of a candidate for Riverside County Supervisor.

Here are some nice quotes from a 2007 newspaper article:

An Associated Press review found that only 13 of California's 58 counties and 96 of its 478 cities put limits on the size of donations. A sampling of local campaign finance records from the 2005-06 period shows that some races are attracting huge amounts of campaign cash -- in some cases hundreds of thousands of dollars per candidate.

Trying to impose contribution limits on candidates can be a hard sell in some areas of the state. Riverside County Supervisor Bob Buster said he can't get any of his colleagues to support the idea.

"What we're seeing here is the fundraising base is getting smaller in proportion to the population, but the amounts (given) are getting larger and that's not a good thing for the future," he said.

Three of Buster's colleagues raised a total of more than $1.5 million for election campaigns last year, with donors giving up to $20,300.
  25. anonhuff Member

Thanks for the info and the link. Are these contribution amounts public record? I honestly wouldn't even know where to begin to look.